Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield fixture - ed. NOW ON Sky Monday night

Comments

• Options
    Can I ask why anyone would have booked a train ticket a month in advance? Especially in the winter when we have games cancelled for bad weather anyway.
  • Options
    To save a fortune maybe KHA?
  • Options
    Generally because if you book a fixed ticket well in advance it costs a reasonable sum that an average human can just about afford but if you buy close to the day of travel it costs £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££s.

• Options
    Ah sorry Algarve.  Thats rubbish for you. 

• Options
    Lord I hope its not a Monday night fixture on Sky.  Live coverage brings the worse out in the team and the support on a Monday night is dire. I have a 135 mile round trip after work and can't always make it on a Monday night. Would Sky like to refund part of my season ticket if they switch it at this late stage.
  • Options
    Maybe KHA doesnt do much train travel and doesnt realise the difference in prices..... or can afford to pay silly prices.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I don't think sky would change it as thhey'd make it unable to show uus on tv next year at all. As their is a 3 match maximum they can show league 1 and 2 teams. So with sheff wed game leyton orient and this. Our 3 would have been shown and we wouldn't be on sky till next season unless we go in the playoff's. Can understand the draw of the game but hope sky don't choose it.

I always thought the rule was a 3 game MINIMUM?

And I guess KHA doesnt buy many train tickets?!
  • Options

I'm sure there's not a 3 game max limit on the number of live games

• Options
    Thanks Curb it. x
  • Options
    Thanks Curb it. x
    Sorry to hear that mate, is thee nothing you can do to change tickets?

I'm gutted for the hundreds of kids who will miss the game (like mine).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gutted for you P.

Any chance you can alter you plans?

• Options

It's not 3 game max, it's three games minimum and I believe it only applies in the Premier League, hence Man Utd are on telly pretty much every weekend.

Sympathies to those who have been inconvenienced by the Huddersfield change, reckon we could have topped 20,000 for this on the Saturday, will be more like 15000 now.

• Options

Sympathies to those who have been inconvenienced by the Huddersfield change, reckon we could have topped 20,000 for this on the Saturday, will be more like 15000 now.

This, Huddersfield would have sold out a Sat and we would have had a lot of extra home fans in....gutted
  • Options

has it officially changed yet ?

• Options
    doubt Huddersfield would have sold out the Jimmy Seed, they had about 1,250 last season on a saturday
  • Options
    doubt Huddersfield would have sold out the Jimmy Seed, they had about 1,250 last season on a saturday
    Sorry Mike but i disagree, if we both go into this game in the top two positions and they are still holding on to their unbeaten run I reckon there was every chance of a huge Hudds turn out for a Sat game. 
  • Options
    Can we reject the offer if it means that we will lose money by changing it to a Monday ?

Surely Sky don't make the rules .. the Football League do (even though they are heavily funded by Sky !!!)
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited October 2011

has it officially changed yet ?

Yes
  • Options
    When will a decision be made? 
  • Options
    Touch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we reject the offer if it means that we will lose money by changing it to a Monday ?

Surely Sky don't make the rules .. the Football League do (even though they are heavily funded by Sky !!!)
    No we can't. The Football League have a contract with Sky, the terms of which include that Sky can do pretty much what they want when they want. As a Football League member club we are automatically bound by the contractual terms agreed by the Football League.
  • Options

Get rid of your sky subscription then youll be in a position to complain.

Dance with the devil and you do it to his tune.

• Options

Sorry but this made me laugh.  "Sky don't make the rules"

Sky say jump and the FL say "how high?"
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I don't care when it is as long as its not on T.V as Charlton play crap every time we are on T.V
  • Options
    I don't care when it is as long as its not on T.V as Charlton play crap every time we are on T.V
    ???
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I took a train to London on Tuesday, but that was the first time I'd been on a train for as long as I can remember - months, at least.

Why do the train companies charge less if you book early. Is it cheaper again if you book even earlier, > a month?

If they do charge much less I can only assume it's because they expect to sell a number of tickets that will not be needed on the date in question so wouldn't be purchased if they were bought on the day?

Thus, presumably, you, over a long period, pay for the odd ticket that you don't use. This game change s very inconvenient for some, but there are lots of other reasons as to why one might not travel after booking a ticket. I guess that's the risk you take with pre-booking.

Personally, I'm pleased as I have something on the Saturday that I have to attend so I would have missed the game, but I do have sympathy for those that now can't go.
  • Options

Sorry but this made me laugh.  "Sky don't make the rules"

Sky say jump and the FL say "how high?"

Glad that put a smile on your face but simple things please simple minds I guess :o)

What I meant was has anyone every rejected this type of switch or do all clubs just have to lump it .. it's only £30K from what someone said and we'll lose more than that I'd imagine

• Options
    I think their answer would be that they also give all League 1 clubs c. £300k a season for the right to do this.
  • Options
    we were aware of that half hour ago