Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield fixture - ed. NOW ON Sky Monday night

Comments

• Options
    its been selected : (

Hurrah! Away win then :(
  • Options
    Bow locks.
  • Options
    good, everyone can now watch Huddersfield's first defeat in 40 odd games and then listen to Lee Clark whinge about it afterwards
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    actually ill delete that as leic might have chose a new manage already?
  • Options
    I think their answer would be that they also give all League 1 clubs c. £300k a season for the right to do this.
    Exactly.  The clubs and the league take the money and give up any right to say no to anything Sky want.

Just another reason to get up and out of this league ASAP although the only difference in the CCC or the Prem is that you get paid more to be told when to play your games.
  • Options
    Really disappointed. Probably our biggest game of the season and even if I can go I won't be able to take my boy.
  • Options
    This will be the fourth match that will be televised by SKY  and some other  clubs in the division will be unlucky enough to get 1.  So the £300k disadvantages the successful clubs. The loss of revenue for the club will be significant on gate and catering takings.  Since it will be replacing a Premier fixture (Blackburn) would it not be reasonable for the club to ask for the money that would have gone to Blackburn for the fixture to be paid as compensation for the short notice move. It would be reasonable, but like everything else the Premier league club will probably be paid compensation for lack of appearance and the FL clubs will get hung out to dry.

It is about time the FA manned up and started taking on the inequalities of bargaining power between the Premier and Football Leagues for the good of the game. We have just had the Premier rob our academy structures and now as a club we are being robbed of revenues by the inequality of bargaining power. However, I fear it would be similar to asking Miss Haversham to face down Dick Turpin -not going to happen.
  • Options
    doubt Huddersfield would have sold out the Jimmy Seed, they had about 1,250 last season on a saturday
    Double that and you've got the right answer.

As Henry said, SKY make up the rules.
  • Options
    Might work in our favour on the pitch if there is a smaller away following.  Every charlton fan that can make this one should and get behind the team. The cliched 6 pointer if the league is still looking the same in a months time.
  • Options
    total bollox  ---- less gate less atmosphere--  shit on TV and another good saturday  f**ked up. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Addickted and BDL, can't afford to change tickets when you factor in the extra three days we would have stay to get another flight back to Faro. Thanks for your sympathy though.
  • Options
    I hate Sky.
  • Options
    doubt Huddersfield would have sold out the Jimmy Seed, they had about 1,250 last season on a saturday
    Double that and you've got the right answer.

As Henry said, SKY make up the rules.
    they had 1338 at the end of the season when they were within inches of promotion on a saturday according to the o/s
  • Options
    Pissed off. My son won't be able to come now . Bloody SKY.
  • Options
    think the Club should drop adult prices to a tenner to encourage a big crowd. May lose a bit more money but surely the 3 points are more important
  • Options
    They already have Large.
  • Options

There is a season-ticket holder offer of two guest tickets for £10 already.

• Options
    They already have Large.
    yeah thanks, saw that thread after I posted here.
  • Options

Just had to cancell booking for 14 people in the celebration suite at £660 plus what we would have spent on drinks on the day. at least 8 of those people will not be going to the monday night game!

• Options
    This will be the fourth match that will be televised by SKY  and some other  clubs in the division will be unlucky enough to get 1.  So the £300k disadvantages the successful clubs. The loss of revenue for the club will be significant on gate and catering takings.  Since it will be replacing a Premier fixture (Blackburn) would it not be reasonable for the club to ask for the money that would have gone to Blackburn for the fixture to be paid as compensation for the short notice move. It would be reasonable, but like everything else the Premier league club will probably be paid compensation for lack of appearance and the FL clubs will get hung out to dry.

It is about time the FA manned up and started taking on the inequalities of bargaining power between the Premier and Football Leagues for the good of the game. We have just had the Premier rob our academy structures and now as a club we are being robbed of revenues by the inequality of bargaining power. However, I fear it would be similar to asking Miss Haversham to face down Dick Turpin -not going to happen.
    This isn't our forth home game though is it? It's our second home game and we are, kind of, top of the league.

I love the idea that we should have the Premier League money, but I just don't think third division football has anything like the appeal of the Premier League (EPL).

It's interesting, however, that you complain that we get a shoddy deal compared to the smaller clubs in the third division. The truth is that the bigger draw teams in each division get a little bit more messed about as a result of their popularity. The alternative is that all clubs negotiate their own deals, and we would then get more than those in the third division that have no appeal, but we would be dwarfed by the Premier League teams. We can't really have it both ways.

As much as I'd like us to be awarded as much TV money as Man Utd yet still have all our home games on a Saturday afternoon at 3pm it just doesn't work that way. If we want the money then we are, literally, slaves to Sky TV, and bearing in mind how much uproar there was when Liverpool suggested they would sell their own TV rights I think we should be grateful that the system is as it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A the risk of prolonging this debate the simple fact is that there must be people like myself who were geared up for this game and now can't go. I don't get to see many games in a season but I was going to go to this one and take three others with me, my brother (who hasn't been for about 15 years), my daughter and her boyfriend who has never been to a game before! And I have already bought the train tickets from the south coast!! It isn't right that Sky can change games around like that. Surely they could have predicted that either Blackburn or Stoke would still be in the cup and arranged their schedule accordingly. Now what am I going to do on the 26th!!
  • Options
    Lateral thinking required - we are now planning on staying down, getting to the match then taking the sleeper back to Glasgow.  I have an important appt at 9am the next morning, so let's hope I do get some sleep on the train!

PS Any season ticket holder who'd like to take us along as £10 guests, give me a shout - on second thoughts, better not do that and deprive the club of money!!

Still fed up that Sky can do this at such short notice, though.
  • Options
    I agree Bexhill, it's wrong and shouldn't happen but when you sell your soul to the devil (or Sky) this is what happens.

My son can't now go as its a school night.  OK, his ST will still be counted in the attendance but he would like to have been there like many others.

And as we progress back up the league it will only get worse.
  • Options
    Question for parents who aren't taking kids because it's monday night. What age is acceptable for them to go along on a school night? I was going to night games regularly aged 9 and it was never a problem. I turned out alright!
  • Options
    Question for parents who aren't taking kids because it's monday night. What age is acceptable for them to go along on a school night? I was going to night games regularly aged 9 and it was never a problem. I turned out alright!
    That is debatable : - )

Joe's 12.  Maybe in a few years time although the correct answer is when lady Irving says it is.
  • Options

I want to take my son he's 8 and st holder but the mrs says no, fair enough i suppose, we wont get home til 10.15
  • Options
    Ok, it's the Wife's decision! Makes sense. Guess I was lucky that Charlton runs through my mum's side of the family! just tell the wife "Ollywozere went to night games as a kid and he ended up alright." Should do the trick
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    And Henry, only just got what you meant with your 'that's debatable' comment! Oi! ;-)
  • Options
    I was ten before my Mum would let my Dad take me to a game at all!
  • Options
    Saturday 20 thousand plus ,Monday night maybe 13 thousand at a push and very little away support ,against a fat cheque from Sky.I know it's the way of the world nowadays but how I long for a return to putting fans first!