Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halifax Town Away - Live on ITV 1, 12.30ko, 13 Nov

Comments

• Options
    Another local game for us
  • Options
    It's a shame. No doubt we will be slagged of by the Northern Monkeys like those idiots in Hartlepool  because we wont take more the 3 or 4 hundred fans but if the trains aren't running what do they expect.
    Add to that , it will be on the box and that we are probably the worst cup side in the country. 

• Options
    wouldnt mind stupid train journey if i could just afford it..
  • Options
    when will the time/date of the game be finalised?
  • Options
    Will Powell rest a few? Probably not as we have 9 days before the next game. But there may be a few carrying knocks who may be rested  
    Yes , i'm definately not going!
  • Options
    when will the time/date of the game be finalised?
    Later this week
  • Options

Who gives you extra?

If its on tv hopefully ITV or bbc then def wont go, went northwhich last time and it was a long drive home...

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Halifax fan here. Please come to the game, we aren't your typical Conf north club, we have a stadium and pitch that are better than half of league 1. It won't be your typical fa cup tie with a dodgy sloped pitch, and day trippers out for the day. Your experience will be comparable of playing the equivalent of a rochdale away.

It would be nice if you bought 500+. We actually take quite a lot away and probably average 400-500 fans to away games ourselves.

I also imagine the game will be in espn. I base this on the fact, that we have been the club espn has been following since the qualifying rounds. Espn were following tadcaster Albion who we defeated by us and espn cameras have been at all our games since then.
  • Options

I'm afraid guys this was bound to to happen, As  a fair weather ther plastic supporter of Charlton (season ticket holder for 9 years) I now have to come clean and admit my first love was Halifax Town - I can even remember them beating Charlton 2-1 at the Shay in the pouring rain with Keith Peacock scoring.  I started following Charlton so that my son could support his local team - and because the regular trips to Halifax might have been  too much, (the wife also said something about cruelty and social services).

The look on my son's face when thethe draw was was announced was priceless!.  .

It'll go to penalties at the Valley though I'm not sure who will win.

• Options
    Halifax fan here. Please come to the game, we aren't your typical Conf north club, we have a stadium and pitch that are better than half of league 1. It won't be your typical fa cup tie with a dodgy sloped pitch, and day trippers out for the day. Your experience will be comparable of playing the equivalent of a rochdale away. 
    Fcuk me mate, Rochdale away? You're really selling it there!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fcuk me mate, Rochdale away? You're really selling it there!
    Rochdale is a great away day.
  • Options
    Yeah, right. It's right up there with the greats of all time. Jesus, have a word with yourself. Have we fallen so far into the shit that taking 300 to some shit heap run down northern bob hole is considered a "great away day"?
  • Options
    Yeah, right. It's right up there with the greats of all time. Jesus, have a word with yourself. Have we fallen so far into the shit that taking 300 to some shit heap run down northern bob hole is considered a "great away day"?
    Sad to say, but yes we have. :-(
  • Options
    That's as may be - but we don't have to like it.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Your post made me chuckle Off_It!

Think most would prefer the Friday evening rather than a Sunday surely?
  • Options
    we'll use a weak side
  • Options
    Then my work here today is done PalaceHater.

(Actually, I think most would prefer it not to be happening at all, but we are where we are)
  • Options

Halifax away....

Que Sera Sera....

• Options
    We need to go easy on Halifax. I've got all my money there.
  • Options

Come on down to the Shay.  You can have a nice evening in some of our select restaurants and bars in the  town centre to help you get over the shock of losing to a little northern team in our run down "bob hole" in the north. We have a Wetherspoons so you will be accustomed to the  luxuries that you can enjoy at home or away!

Have a nice day out at the Shay!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Had a great day out at Rochdale this year and had good ones in years bygone at Scunthorpe, Bury, Stockport, Crewe, Port Vale, Barnsley, Burnley, Tranmere, Blackpool and other smaller Northern clubs.

Didn't realise a good day out oop Borg could only be limited to Old Trafford and Anfield.
  • Options
    Who said anything about Old Trafford or Anfield?

Not me.
  • Options

I'm afraid guys this was bound to to happen, As  a fair weather ther plastic supporter of Charlton (season ticket holder for 9 years) I now have to come clean and admit my first love was Halifax Town - I can even remember them beating Charlton 2-1 at the Shay in the pouring rain with Keith Peacock scoring.  I started following Charlton so that my son could support his local team - and because the regular trips to Halifax might have been  too much, (the wife also said something about cruelty and social services).

The look on my son's face when thethe draw was was announced was priceless!.  .

It'll go to penalties at the Valley though I'm not sure who will win.

Would take replay now , not a great draw for you lot but Charlton are a big club the biggest in the first round so for us it is fantastic,  

• Options
    Don't let the 2 Sheffield Clubs hear you sat that Shayman!
  • Options

Huddersfield fans think they are the biggest club in league one , quite a few live in and around Halifax and they will tell you their history says they are ,shame only the over 75's remember the glory days.

• Options
    Big club Huddersfield.

Only team to ever score 6 goals in a league match and still lose. Not just anyone can do that you know.
  • Options
    yep sounds about right!

• Options
    What do you class as a good away day Off_it?
  • Options
    Personally going to the Shay is probably a good away day, when you consider their fans stick by their club with other supposedly bigger teams nearby you will realise their passion for Halifax Town is as strong as any other supporter. I would add that it takes a special kind of loyalty and overall class to stick with HTFC (or Rochdale, or Bury, or Northwich), and I reckon that one Halifax Town supporter is worth 20 plastic Manure (etc) gloryhunting so called fans.
  • Options
    Halifax is actually quite a nice place as far as I can make out (I've passed through it a few times and it has lots of nice parkland etc) - I want to go because I've never been to the Shay.  You can stick yer Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge up yer arse - give me a proper football club like this any day!

P.S I also went to Rochdale and it was a great away day - you can't beat the proper football fans that you find at these types of clubs and you get good banter with them; they have my utmost respect for sticking with it (no matter how painful) when they could so easily just be another plastic...