Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halifax Town Away - Live on ITV 1, 12.30ko, 13 Nov

Comments

• Options

Big club Huddersfield.

Only team to ever score 6 goals in a league match and still lose. Not just anyone can do that you know.

5-1 up against 10 men away from home with 30 minutes left ..................we get shot down by Huddersfield fans they see us a joke club ......nice bit of ammunition there.
  • Options
    Great town for a night out is Halifax. Remember a great lock in with Alex Wright in the pub by the Station, karaoke an all. Tidy ground now as well
  • Options
    I recommend this one too. Sadly I haven't been to the Shay before but i'll be doing this one if the TV scheduling is not too ridiculous. I can remember when round one of the cup packed 'em in. Ton bridge Angels for example. I'll settle for that scoreline!

How many tickets will we be offered?
  • Options

I will be planning on going, even if it is on TV, although a Friday night would probbaly make me think twice !!

Never been to the Shay, but I did play 36 holes  (2 rounds of golf to the un-initiated) at Halifax golf course the day after we beat Huddesfield 2-0 (?) in the 99/00 season so I would welcome a revisit.

What i don't understand are all the posters on here who say they cant/ wont go because of the trains (or lack of) ? . Try taking your car or if you dont drive then i'm sure CAFC will be running coaches !

• Options

I will be planning on going, even if it is on TV, although a Friday night would probbaly make me think twice !!

Never been to the Shay, but I did play 36 holes  (2 rounds of golf to the un-initiated) at Halifax golf course the day after we beat Huddesfield 2-0 (?) in the 99/00 season so I would welcome a revisit.

What i don't understand are all the posters on here who say they cant/ wont go because of the trains (or lack of) ? . Try taking your car or if you dont drive then i'm sure CAFC will be running coaches !

Back in London at 8pm from Rochdale, nice comfortable journey from Manchester on Virgin Trains. How long did it take you by car/coach for what is a similar journey to Halifax, (whichever way you travelled?).

• Options
    Away fans are housed in an all seater stand which holds 1700 , The East Stand holds 3500 , the South Stand holds 3000 , The North Stand holds 4000(not been used for a few years it is falling down) current capacity is somewhere around 7000, got 4000 in against FC United of Manchester on new years day last season hopefully if you bring a few that will be beaten , they brought 700 ,
  • Options
    Away fans are housed in an all seater stand which holds 1700 , The East Stand holds 3500 , the South Stand holds 3000 , The North Stand holds 4000(not been used for a few years it is falling down) current capacity is somewhere around 7000, got 4000 in against FC United of Manchester on new years day last season hopefully if you bring a few that will be beaten , they brought 700 ,
    Something's not adding up here ....
  • Options

I (shamefully) didn't go to Rochdale this season, but drove back from Sheff U a few weeks ago and got home around 9pm , which would be the same time as it I'd got into Kings X or wherever around 8pm as I would need to get back to Swanley from there.

I'm not saying that it is any quicker by car/coach but wondered why you don't go by another method if the trains are up the spout.............if my car was out of action I wouldn't not go, but I would go by coach or train.

just saying..............

• Options
    What does how far we've fallen have to do with anything? Its the FA Cup, the whole magic is drawing a team you would otherwise not be facing. That means a team lower in the leagues as well as higher. F*ck me, at least this is a game we have a chance of winning. If we had drawn another L1 club we'd just have another away day some of us were planning on making anyway. 
    I'm looking forward to this one! I'd love to go, on the couch if I have to. Another place/ground I've yet to visit, fans (as stated above) with a high level of passion for their club and at the very worst seeing Charlton out of another cup run we can't be doing with, on account of the "One Aim" this season. 
    And who knows, FCHT (or CAFC) could go on an amazing run much like Crawley's last year. You could be part of that.  
  • Options
    would off preferred barclays or HSBC if i'm honest ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I (shamefully) didn't go to Rochdale this season, but drove back from Sheff U a few weeks ago and got home around 9pm , which would be the same time as it I'd got into Kings X or wherever around 8pm as I would need to get back to Swanley from there.

I'm not saying that it is any quicker by car/coach but wondered why you don't go by another method if the trains are up the spout.............if my car was out of action I wouldn't not go, but I would go by coach or train.

just saying..............

Fair enough. Don't drive, but wouldn't do the coach, especially after what I saw at Tranmere last season (late arrivals). Always preferred train travel to away games and the independence, going right back to the seventies. Went to Huddersfield last two seasons - the closest league club to Halifax - back in London at 8pm (via Manchester) both times. Once you've settled on going by train it's difficult to switch to the road. If engineering works mess up a journey, we'll go to a local non- league game, it ain't worth the aggro.

By the way, the Halifax forum is quoting TV slots as ESPN @ 1pm on Saturday, ITV matches @ 1pm & 5-30pm on Sunday. We will probably be one of those. The only other tie that stands out is Swindon v Huddersfield. 1pm on Saturday means an earlier start (0800 at Euston) but an earlier return via Manchester. But do I want to unload £100 on an away match that is live on tv?

• Options
    Where's your Howard gone?
  • Options
    It's comments like that, that just makes me shake my head in disbelief.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I've seen a number of different TV times/channels posted on a few forums, but the ESPN times are as follows..

Saturday November 12th - show starts at 12pm
    Sunday November 13th - show starts at 3:30pm

They always show 2 games per round.

Replays will be shown on November 22nd and 23rd - shows start at 7pm.

ITV is showing the England vs. Spain game on the 12th, so I'm assuming they will air an FA Cup game on Sunday lunchtime.

• Options

I might shake my head too if I knew what he meant, anyone care to enlighten me ?
  • Options

I might shake my head too if I knew what he meant, anyone care to enlighten me ?
  • Options
    actually quite funny, at least for Nathan anyway ;-))
  • Options
    Same place as Rodney Trotter , C'est magnifique
  • Options
    Personally going to the Shay is probably a good away day, when you consider their fans stick by their club with other supposedly bigger teams nearby you will realise their passion for Halifax Town is as strong as any other supporter. I would add that it takes a special kind of loyalty and overall class to stick with HTFC (or Rochdale, or Bury, or Northwich), and I reckon that one Halifax Town supporter is worth 20 plastic Manure (etc) gloryhunting so called fans.

I would say 2000 plastics, but otherwise, spot on mate! As some people are more bothered about the Monday night KO against Huddersfield being better for their social life than us poor saps who have planned our whole year around it being on Saturday, I don't give a monkeys about it being moved to 3AM on Tuesday, as long as it's on the tele... ;-)
  • Options

I promised myself I'd never get on a CAFC coach again after Man City away in our relegation season - it's a joke service.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shame its not a friday night, Friday night out in Halifax is an experience. Big  Nestle factory in town and girls like a drink and a fight on Friday night. Work for Lloyds so have spend a number of nights in Halifax, its an ok place and cheap beer.
  • Options

I promised myself I'd never get on a CAFC coach again after Man City away in our relegation season - it's a joke service.

You must have been on same one as me Stu, missed the first 20 minutes - like yourself, not considered using them ever since.
  • Options
    To be fair, the Valley Away organisers do a good job and I don't reckon it's an easy one. There is always going to be the odd hiccup. Not the voice of experience though as I get travel sick on buses!
  • Options
    Hey now, FCHT supporter here. Just to let you know that Grand Central run a train service direct to Halifax from that London, not sure if it'll work out cheaper for you. Be lovely to see plenty of you gracing our fair town, we rarely see a lot of away support anymore with the league we're in and we've missed out on the 1st round the last couple of years. It's no bob-hole round here either, it's one of Prince Charles' favourite towns for architecture. Why I'd wager our Borough Market could rival the Guggenheim
  • Options
    Rival the Guggenheim? Bloody hell that's me sold!
  • Options
    Also feel free to view our quality or lack there of.... We use the same website as you(premium tv) and if you pay to subscribe to cafc live/player then you can view our shaymen player on our website with your log in details.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

wheres this direct train? Can't find it on Grand central website?

edit- found it. Not bad 2 hours 52 minutes. not many of them though, probably wont be one at the right time.

• Options

From a poster on F365:

Hey guys, Halifax fan (Yes we do have some!!!) coming in peace.

You probably don't know much about us in all fairness, so if anyone has any questions about the game, feel free to ask away here or pop into the Halifax thread and I'll try my best to help you.

Not sure what to tell you so far, but I assume you will be in the Skircoat stand, seeing as the North Stand will be out of use. You will more than likely have the whole end to yourselves, so if possible, try and get as close to the North Stand goal (the empty stand) as possible, as the leg room at the South end is very :uhoh:

Last time we played at home in the FA Cup this season was against Tadcaster, and cost was £10 in. Our normal home day price is £12.50 for Adults, £9.50 concessions and I think entry will be that, or not much more than that. I can't see the club looking at charging more than £15 in all honesty, but then, they don't always think of the fans, so yeah.

Some decent boozers in Halifax, and most you will find a friendly welcome. The three pigeons just down the road from the Shay is a cracking little pub for those that like their real ale, and a decent pint, and going further into Town probably the best pub for a decent pint and a nice welcome would be "Dirty Dicks". Brilliant for continental beer, and real ale again. Between the two is the Pump Room (and that will be the first you come across if you arrive via train and walk towards the ground) which again will give you a warm welcome, which has some good beer.

Only pub I'd advice you on avoiding would be the Courtyard (also called the basshouse) which is populated by a few of the "Halifax casuals" and will probably try and give you a hard time. Although I'm pretty sure if anything kicked off you'd sort them out fairly easy enough.

Hopefully you will have your own burger van and not be subjected to the shite we have in the East Stand, which is EMC overpriced crap. Be warned though that the food isn't cheap, and to be blunt isn't worth the money. Plenty of places a short walk from the ground to go for food, so your best bet is to probably do that. All money made on food and drink doesn't go to our club, it goes to the council, so don't feel like spending money in the ground is better as we won't see anything of it, so save your dosh.

Depending on when the game kicks off, we have a massive B&M's behind the ground that has a decent car park which you should be OK to park in. If the match isn't picked up for TV and kicks off at 3 on Saturday however, parking there won't be allowed. Parking at the ground is also not going to be able either, as they will be all booked up by the home fans. There is however plenty of parking spaces in and around Halifax, by the train station, or on the roads around the ground. Halifax isn't a huge place so even if you end up parking at the other end of the Town, it won't be more than a ten min walk to the ground, and its not like it will be through any dodgy areas. Plenty of nice things to see, and the walk will be an "enjoyable one".

If you get in early to Halifax and have young kids, consider going to Eureka (again next door to the train station) for a few hours to help pass the time. They will love it, and it will keep them entertained for a long time. Other than that, we have the piece hall a short walk in the other direction for those that want to visit one of the famous parts of the Town - although I personally don't think its worth visiting, but then I do walk through it almost every day.

Our Match program will be (or is normally) £3 and has won a fair few awards for its content in recent years. A bit pricey I suppose, but I think if you buy one you will be pleasantly surprised with the content. Anyone who has the football player thing that platform run, will be able to get match highlights, and interviews too, as we are also on that database. I doubt we will be up to the professional standards that you are used to, but the club do put out some good content, and to say those working on it are a bunch of unpaid volunteers and uni students, its very good.

The pitch will be very playable and smooth, so don't worry about bobbly awkward pitches. You could play bowls off it its that good - which to say we have a rugby team play on it too is testament to the ground staff who work wonders.

I fully expect you lot to run out victors, but to be fair, its our cup final, and if we can get it on the box, and get a bit of media attention, well I'll be more than happy. We are just a small part time team from Yorkshire, but we will try to give you a game and make you feel welcome.

Like I say, any questions you have, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help you.

• Options
    Should be doing this one only £8 return for me, does anyone know when a decision as to whether it's going to be televised is made?
  • Options
    My last visit to the Shay was to see Halifax play Welling United in the Conference (about 1993 or 1994). I lived in Yorkshire at the time & had a thoroughly nice day out. I see to remember Welling getting badly beaten, but it seems an awfully long time ago now.