Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England vs Spain.

edited November 2011 in General Charlton
Are Spain going to open their legs and show their class?
Will they play England off the park?
Will a weakened England side be embarassed or proud?
Will it be a friendly of no consequence?
Does anyone care?

Comments

• Options
    Are Spain going to open their legs and show their class? Not sure about opening their legs, but show their class they will do.
    Will they play England off the park? Probably
    Will a weakened England side be embarassed or proud? Embaressed
    Will it be a friendly of no consequence? No, another way for fans to have a go at capello, despite his loyalty to the game
    Does anyone care? Not particularly, care about club football so much more.
  • Options
    I had tickets, I turned them down. 

I won't regret this decision.
  • Options
    Lookin forward to it. Spain are a class outfit and if ever you are going to progress you need to play the best. I think if they want to make a statement (and im sure they do) it could be 4 nil. as long as there is some of the Barca football in there its all good.
  • Options

Don't care for England Football team anymore. Yet Spain and Barcalona are top teams to watch.

• Options
    I have lost any enthusiasm for England games since the World cup. Couldn't care less what happens tomorrow which is sad i know.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    spain are 10/11 to win, unreal odds, they will destroy us england are crap
  • Options
    Will be a pleasure to watch this Spain side live for the second time (probably now more complete than they were in 2009).

From a footballing perspective looking forward to it. From a mates perspective looking forward to it. From a remembrance perspective it will be poignant and respectful I am sure. From an England perspective...well you can't have it all!
  • Options
    I don't really care much about England games anymore, and against most other nations I wouldn't watch it, but against Spain it'll be great. I'm going to watch it with some mates with the full expectation of England losing, but I'm looking forward to watching the Spanish team.
  • Options
    Looking forward to it. Mainly just to see Spain. Have to agree with the odds, seems an absolute steal having Spain at slightly worse than evens. I fancy England to score at least 1 though, I fancy our wide men against their full backs (their weakest part of that side imo). Over 2.5 goals looks decent to me as well at 23/20
  • Options
    will be watching the game but with the sound off. cant handle 90 minutes of commentators knocking one out over a 5 yard pass from a spaniard....especially against england.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going - corporate freebie from work. Win-Win situation for me :o)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I fancy England to score at least 1 though, I fancy our wide men against their full backs (their weakest part of that side imo). Over 2.5 goals looks decent to me as well at 23/20
    Cant fully agree with you there, ramos is a star, I reckon spains weakest part of the side, weirdly, is upfront, after Villa and out of form Torres, who do they have who is real quality?
  • Options
    that Llorente is pretty decent for them and Fabregas has basically been playing as a striker for Barcelona this season.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Love watching Spain play, as for England , somehow, they probably earn the same sort of money as the Spanish players.
  • Options
    I fancy England to score at least 1 though, I fancy our wide men against their full backs (their weakest part of that side imo). Over 2.5 goals looks decent to me as well at 23/20
    Cant fully agree with you there, ramos is a star, I reckon spains weakest part of the side, weirdly, is upfront, after Villa and out of form Torres, who do they have who is real quality?
    Agree Villa is out of form but he still has 6 in his last 10 Spain starts. With the system they play goals come from all over just as everyone knows so I don't think that is a worry. Disagree about Ramos, a player who flatters to deceive imo, far too rash for my liking.
  • Options
    It's a pity the footballers representing England do not show the same guts, bravery and determination that our armed forces show.

I know which set of "players" i will be supporting this weekend.
  • Options
    What days it on? Is it not on sky so us mere mortals can watch it?
  • Options
    Ramos is great going forward, but woeful positionally. This is largely a result of him going to Real very early on in his career where full backs are not, and never have been, expected to defend. There's a very good full back in there somewhere, but it would take a decent defensive-minded coach and a switch to another team to bring it out of him. Perversely, he plays his best football defensively when he's playing at centre half.

Don't agree that Spain are weak up front - as mentioned earlier, Llorente is an absolute beast, and Villa is totally lethal for the national side. He isn't the focal point of Barca's attack, and wasn't bought as an outright centre forward - if you put him up front either on his own or part of a two-man forward pairing he would get 30 goals a season for pretty much any club in the world.

Spain's real weakness is at centre half. Puyol is old and getting by on fumes - his days at the top level are numbered. Pique is very good - but prone to concentration lapses. Busquets is a future regular centre back, but still currently better as a defensive midfielder - which leaves Marchena and Albiol (average) and Javi Martinez (promising, but, like Busquets needs a good run of games at centre back to establish it as his best position). There are some decent youngsters coming through (Botia and Dominguez) but neither of them have the experience to play regularly.
  • Options
    Saturday, ITV, 5:15 KO
  • Options
    Can't believe the disloyalty on here (apart from Leroy,who is allowed). Spain are a better team than England, and will almost certainly win, wont stop me supporting England, in the same way I have continued to support Charlton over the past few years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

While we have got an Itallian manager, The likes of Ashley Cole, Terry and Rooney playing I'm not bothered.

I want them to win but can't find it in me to support them. Would rather support the Rugby team.

• Options
    I love the fact that everyone in the country thinks England are rubbish but come competition time players will be quoted in the press saying that it's difficult to put up with the pressure of the country's expectations.
  • Options
    Saturday, ITV, 5:15 KO
    Danke shen! (If i spelt that wrong my apologies!)
  • Options
    England's full international record against Spain from 1929 to 2011

England v Spain

England's full international record against Sweden from 1923 to 2011

England v Sweden
  • Options
    2-2 draw
  • Options
    Kick off is 2:15am with work the next day, think I'll be giving this one a miss.

• Options
    I'd like to support England but can't.
    Would feel a mug for getting behind that bunch of egomaniac borderline rapists- sweeping statement I know but they're everything that's wrong with the premiership- the article a while back about chris powells views on the modern game were spot on ( can't remember who published it but was when he was first made gaffer).
  • Options
    Chris powell is featured in the England Programme tomorrow.  I havent read it yet, found it on twitter.

http://cde.cerosmedia.com/1Z4eb8044d2ad20733.cde
  • Options
    Lovely article on page 11.