Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England vs Spain.

Comments

• I think the replays show pretty obviously that it was going in.
  • Would you let it spin in?
  • Cant blame him for just nodding that in, afterall they are a team.
  • Parker playing great against the Spanish. Rarely drops he's performance.
  • Bent should have scored the header. I always knew he was 2 bob................

• Yeah if lampard doesn't put that in and a defender clears he gets lynched , he hasn't got the time to look around and check no one is about , natural instinct is to make sure and he did that
  • Watching the game, and seeing Scott Parker's performance, I can't help wondering what could have been...
  • Can't believe capello missed his sons wedding ....
  • They don't like it up 'em!
  • let's hope this is the start of many confident England team performances. We can't compete purely on skill but when it comes to heart and graft .. so Forget Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard .... let the younger players and golden oldies like Parker have a bash. 
  • Sponsored links:

• let's hope this is the start of many confident England team performances. We can't compete purely on skill but when it comes to heart and graft .. so Forget Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard .... let the younger players and golden oldies like Parker have a bash. 
    this, was saying to my mate the other day that we should just get a bunch of the younger players plus a few experienced premier league players like Parker who always put in a shift no matter what and let them become a team. 

Most of the recent generation really couldn't give a crap about england, since they get over a £100,000 a week for their club.
  • Let themselves down over the past 5 years. Good to see an England team work hard and they were all a credit to themselves tonight. Well done lads

... and Bent should have scored and Parker got MOM. Today, 12/11/11, Charlton Athletic won the World Cup

• Yh exactly, I like our new defense too. Do we really NEED John Terry? No we don't
  • Scott Parker is what England have been missing the last few years, different class tonight.
  • God Alan Green seems hell bent on annoying people more than broadcasting.

• Scott Parker show. Fantastic that he finally gets MoM for England.
  • fancy England win
    Judge
  • spain are 10/11 to win, unreal odds, they will destroy us england are crap
    haha thats a way to put it
  • Excellent performance by Parker reminiscent of when he was with us and what a header by Benty.

Very amusing to listen to the pundits removing their tongues from the nether regions of the usual suspects and grudgingly having to say something complimentary about Parker and Bent.

Only a friendly but Spain didn't want to lose from what I saw.
  • Spain definitely wanted to win, and were the better side - but hardly created any chances of note (other than Fabregas, who should have scored with his eyes shut, and Silva's shot). No point knocking the ball around like champions if you can't put the ball in the net. Parker was immense, and I thought Lescott played well too.

Highlights a big weakness for Spain - opposition pack midfield and defend deep, and they have trouble working their way into the box to create actual chances. Also, Iniesta is not the same player without Xavi - witness the way the midfield lost shape when Xavi was subbed.
  • Sponsored links:

• spain are 10/11 to win, unreal odds, they will destroy us england are crap
    Took that price yesterday.

Oh well
  • Spain were arsenalesque in trying to walk the ball into the net with the perfect goal ... Fabregas should have shot rather than square the ball/ pull it back when well positioned
  • First England game I actually enjoyed watching in ages. Must say, we were utter gash going forwards though.

Parker must be cemented into that England midfield now.
  • Can't believe capello missed his sons wedding ....

The game origionally scheduled for Friday evening. Son plans his wedding for Saturday. Game gets switched.

I doubt the FA would have let him miss it even if it was a friendly?

• I am amazed FIFA allowed him to wear a flower in his button hole
  • Just got back, Spain looked half the team without Xavi and Silva, and overplayed when they got close to the box.

Parker was great second half, but then he wasn't been schooled by Xavi.

Misleading scoreline, Holland or Germany would have smashed us.

• Did one or two players exercise their right not to wear the armband?
    Jones?
    One of the subs?

Or did my eyes deceive me on the hazy way back from another Hereford defeat?
  • Couple of them fell off in the opening few minutes, Joe Hart went and got them and put them on

• Couple of them fell off in the opening few minutes, Joe Hart went and got them and put them on

Thanks Rothko.
  • Parker should have been a fixture in the side for the last 6 or 7 years.