Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halifax 0 - 4 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Watched first 20 mins then had a match. 

The main important thing is the result, don't mind a poor performance, its these sort of results that can boost morale. 

Pleased for Pritch and for other scorers.

All in all a good workout and through to the next round.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Posting without reading.

Watched on TV.

We did what had to be done in a professional manner which is all that one can ask. If I supported  Halifax I'd feel aggrieved at a 4-0 defeat. 2-0 or at a pinch 3-0 was a fair reflection in my view. Taylor got man of the match officially but I thought Morrison ran him close along with Jackson who linked with Evina almost as well as he does  with Wiggins. Everybody else was adequate without being outstanding in my opinion although Pritchard and Smith both succeeded in making an impact during their short cameos.

Our fans came across really loudly on TV and kept it going for virtually the whole 90 minutes. Was it really necessary to sing "You're sh** and you know you are" to a non-league club though? That showed a lack of class in my opinion but then I'm not a "proper" fan I suppose.

Still a winnable home draw next round and, if we get past that, hopefully a decent premiership side in the 3rd round like last season. This time at The Valley hopefully to avoid arguments about allocation of tickets.
  • Options
    Only really able to see last half hour properly but saw an awesome bit of defensive play from Chris Solly. We clearly were not our usual fluent selves, but as said above, Huddersfield would love to be in our shoes today. Was pretty mystified why he risked BWP for five minutes until Mortimerician pointed out that that cup-ties him. Smart. Great to see that Pritchard is fit and then able to make such a contribution.

According to the commentary/pre-match burble BWP has never scored in the FA Cup. Five minutes when it's all done and dusted gave him a quick chance while not putting him in harms way too much.
  • Options
    Without wanting to upset anybody, least of all CP, I agree that Euell was very poor. His inclusion in the squad, whilst enabling him to do his coaching badges and his good all round character i guess, was in part to hopefully convince Benson to leave. It didn't work so he is, i think, temporarily our 4th striker. Putting all that to one side, he is poor now and i think his game was always built on physical attributes rather than class and now he's lost those, he really does struggle to perform a role for us. Hayes is half decent but needs to be played with a pacy striker who can finish, to make up for the 2 attributes he doesn't have and to allow him to drop deep and effect the game. Having Euell drop deep and Hayes playing on the shoulder was, to say the least, blunt. Thankfully that combo isn't our first choice. Every other part of the team did well i thought and its job done and i'm certainly not moaning. We've just won 4-0 away and CP is doing a fantastic job.   
  • Options
    So today our lineup was half Team A.
    And half Team B.

With Benno allegedly on gardening leave, and Alonso nowhere in sight, could we conclude that quite possibly won't see either of those 2 in a 1st team shirt again?

Feel for Benno.
  • Options
    As long as Euell only on a 1 year deal I've no problem - I saw the second half today - he wasn't good but the team hung in there at 1-0 and showed stamina and some class from the bench. Like several have said some good finishing at the end.

The club is all about "one aim" so as long as we avoid injury, suspension and embarrassing defeats then the cup is a good side show. On that note I won't be making any comment about other individuals but it's more than clear that we've got our club back on the right tracks...

Let's see what happens January - in the window and third round if we get there but first there's a small matter of Huddersfield at home

• Options

Under PP that was a match we would have lost.

I cannot believe that people are pulling holes in a 0-4 result given our recent history.

Chrissy has assembled a great group of players and how any negative comments can be posted at present leaves me astounded

• Options

Watched on the TV; not read any of the above comments before posting.

Sullivan was good enough - made that one standout save but looked suspect from one free kick and one corner I seem to remember. Solly deserves his chant; Taylor was also impressive despite a shaky first 10-15 minutes in which their front line put a bit of pressure on him; Morrison was cool, calm and collected; Evina was alright. Had pace, should've used it more!

Waggy was lively enough. Good few runs/balls in. Hollands was really good, too - deserved a goal and had a generally decent game all round; Hughes was relatively anonymous and Jackson took his goal well and showed a bit of class.

Euell was poor. I reckon he needs so much more match practice; perhaps that's a reason to enter a reserve league/have reserve games every so often? And Hayes wasn't much better; he's looked woefully off the boil for a while. Maybe it's just that they don't click as a partnership. I want the early days back when Hayes looked like the perfect partner to BWP.

Pritchard and Smith were both very encouraging; link-up good for the 4th. BWP - smart move to cup-tie him. Then again I don't think he's particularly thinking of leaving, given his demeanour today.

Encouraging. Roll on the league.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Under PP that was a match we would have lost. = keep digging at him even though he's gone, good one!

We never looked totally in control. We should have drawn and I would have felt less like we'd robbed a team.

Surprises of the game:

Sullivan looked non league.
    Taylor's goal was sublime.
    Euell is less useful than a donkey according to some.
    Wagstaff can cross.

• Options

We must be rubbish if we scored another 4 goals and let in none by not playing well. Among the highlights for me were Sollys tackle on St Juste, Hayes' cross for Taylors goal and Pritchards goal. Only negatives were Sullivan in the first half making a pigs ear of a catch and Euells poor touch when put through in the second half. Taylor well derserved his man of the match award even though you could pick another 4 or 5 that had superb games. Bring on the Carlisle!!!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    nice to see us on TV, even if the game was only shown in full over here about 4 hours after it ended.....not hard to avoid finding out the score though

the thing that heartened me most was the collective team spirit shown & the effort put in, it wasn't a great performance but most of our sides from the last few years would have lost or drawn that.....credit to Halifax I hope they do well over the rest of the season

what was the chant of "one Andy Carroll" all about?
  • Options
    Exactly oakster team spirit and one aim shame all our fans dont buy in to the team ethos

And what the feck is no one going nuts about the racist shite song about lisbie

Taped the game and just watched it back and it is disgusting to think that these people follow us

The club must act now
  • Options
    yeah powell and our other black players must be hearing that, wouldn't surprise me if they want to leave if they have. Stewards just ignoring it dosen't help, make people think there is nothing wrong with it and its ok to do
  • Options

didnt hear the lisbie song the one aim statement is wank

• Options

didn't know there was a lisbie song - are we sure this hasn't been misinterpreted? Wouldn't normally associate the types who get up at 5 on sunday morning to go to halifax on a coach with a racist song.

• Options
    Vocal minority BD. People thinking it makes them look big.

Ignorant twats who don't give a jot about our club or what we stand for. Couldn't care less if they do every away game all season, sing that song and it means nothing.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

what was the chant of "one Andy Carroll" all about?

There was a woman steward who did look quite abit like andy caroll.

Just back

All in all a good game maybe didnt deserve to win 4-0 but it was a good game with quite a few positives. Solly looked absoloutley solid and deserved man of the match in my opinion. From what people are saying the TV mics must of made our fans sound much louder than we were, i didnt hear the lisbe song.

• Options
    Job done. Not a great performance but generally in control. Makes a change not losing these sort of games. Disappointed we didn't draw FC Totton, nearly a reunion with Parky but thank god it's Carlsle at home not away.

Evina is very unlucky that he has Wiggins in front of him as out of those coming in and trying to impress he was the one who did so. Good cameos from both Pritch and Smith. Waggy and Hayes must do better. Euell, oh dear or dear.
  • Options
    Personally speaking don't give a jot about the cup , it's an inconvenience we have

ONE AIM !
  • Options
    I like the word jot tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    didn't watch the game so I'm finding it very funny reading these comments.  If I didn't know the score I'd have thought we'd lost 4 - 0.  

Hayes had two assists to add to the many he already has this season but is useless.

Euell seems to be the latest stick to hit Powell with.  It was Hughes but now it's Euell.    Jason is a stop gap  An experienced pro around the camp who will play the odd game here or there.    Pritchard will most likely take the 5th place on the bench v Brentford assuming Emphraim doesn't sign and Kermit and BWP will start upfront.    Chill out, we won.
    This!
  • Options
    it is with our record ooha

• Options
    It's all about the league , move with the times nolly ....
    Stop living in the eighties :-)
  • Options
    Lisbie song was sung twice atleast and was loud and clear

It might be wank Steve but it is certainly evident
  • Options
    Couple of great crosses from Wagstaff during the game.
  • Options
    yeah we can win this league oohaa
  • Options
    I have absolutely no idea what 'the Lisbie song is', didn't hear it on tv
  • Options
    it gets sung at every away game. Was pretty loud at wycombe and i remember hamer turned round and looked like he couldn't believe what he was hearing.
  • Options
    Win this one , win the next one and stay in the top one , they're our priorities in the years to come .... Anything else is a bonus but not essential
  • Options
    I have absolutely no idea what 'the Lisbie song is', didn't hear it on tv
    Same here.