Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halifax 0 - 4 Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2011
    Let's leave it there shall we and concentrate on the game? It's not going to get posted on here without getting deleted pretty quickly anyway, that shows how horrible it is.

It's a disgusting chant by morons who don't deserve the time of day.
  • Options
    Can we stop talking about our pony away support
  • Options
    a miracle not a bonus ooah
  • Options
    edited November 2011

• Options
    Don't forget 1946 and 47 .... They're like bus's one day one day .....
    But I'm happy having seen us at wembley in the worse ever (fool members) final and the best ever(play-off) final
  • Options
    i still believe we will make a major cup final one day
  • Options
    forget cup finals we have that win at highbury!!
  • Options

Champions League nolly. Fact
  • Options
    Exactly nolly .....we'll be talking about that in 20 years not beating fc halifax
  • Options
    Was at Wembley yesterday in a box and walked down a big long corridor that had various pictures of events there over the years. They were in date order and the old heart got pumping as I walked along past the 60's, past the 50's, 49, 48 ...... and there it was - a picture of Sam Bartram playing in the 47 Cup Final. Had to stop and take a picture of it. Sad, I know.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    i also believe we will do millwall twice next season, powell want have bottlers in his side like past teams
  • Options
    Well i hope it's in my lifetime ( i'm 42). Been no sign of it so far. 
  • Options
    Scoring three times in last ten mins against a plucky non-league team to make the scoreline flattering is exactly what a higher league team should do!  No complaints.

BWP pleaded with SCP to come on for five mins so his Mum, Dad and brother could hear the "Better than Shaun" chant live on national TV...obvious!
  • Options
    Nothing to moan about at all. Halifax put in a lot of effort and as someone mentioned, have a few players who could well move up a level or two or three... I would maybe even go as far as saying have a couple of them watched (presuming they're under roughly 25)

We never looked like losing and controlled the game well despite having to defend at times. Powell got the selection and the tactics right.

Solly can go all the way to the Premier League, tidied things up nicely a few times today when we looked in a spot of bother. Morrison and Taylor did a job as usual, great header too. Evina looks good, looking forward to seeing more of him. 

Hollands is quality, his goal was really well taken, too. Him and Hughes are a very solid duo. Jackson's goal was very well taken. Wagstaff didn't exactly terrorize their defense but he'll always do a fair job in the team, more crosses is obviously nice too.

Hayes and Euell obviously didn't have 10 shots each but if Hayes did get 2 assists, that's a great contribution. Did Smith get one? He didn't look bad. Pritchard looks a good, energetic, versatile player.

Like someone said, Euell is not competing for a place up front, he's just filling in gaps, there's no need to call for him to be sold.

Good, professional game, well done to Powell and all involved.

• Options
    Well i hope it's in my lifetime ( i'm 42). Been no sign of it so far. 
    I've said it on here before but no-one ever takes any notice: We will get to The FA Cup Final in 2017.

I don't think, I know.
  • Options
    Done pretty well without really getting into top gear, Euell is good to have around the place, I respect him for that and thats his job, i don't expect him to be more than that. 
    feeling confident we can get to the 3rd round, but lets get back to what really matters now. 

One Aim.  
  • Options
    My take is that CP is building a team of winners. Recent teams under recent managers had lost that ability. Even the Parky Play Off team was fragile - hence the loss to Northwich.

It wasn't a pretty performance but it was a gritty one. Winners throughout the squad now. Fringe players playing their part.

Today that winning mentality was epitomised Solly. His brilliant challenge at 1-0 when they were putting us under pressure summed things up, We earned the right to stay ahead and then the late goals sealed it.
  • Options
    Was at Wembley yesterday in a box and walked down a big long corridor that had various pictures of events there over the years. They were in date order and the old heart got pumping as I walked along past the 60's, past the 50's, 49, 48 ...... and there it was - a picture of Sam Bartram playing in the 47 Cup Final. Had to stop and take a picture of it. Sad, I know.

Can you post it?  Sadder, I know.
  • Options

Not sad - all faithful Addicks would do the same
  • Options
    We wasn't great but we got the job done, no injuries or bookings and we didn't embarass ourselves on live tv. Something very efficient about this team currently hopefully it will continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just watched this on Player, nothing to complain about really is there? Tricky away tie and we cruised home 4-0, there were a couple of close-calls at 1-0 but nothing to be concerned about.

The first two goals were nice, Hayes put in a great cross for Taylor and then set up Jackson for the second - he brings a lot to the table in terms of team play.

Hollands goal was like something out of park football and if Pritchard meant for his first touch to take him past that defender and it was not a mis-control then he has got some talent.

• Options
    The reason we won in my opinion was that CP was astute enough to play a strong defence and midfield, without which the result might have been different. Sadly Jason Eull had a stinker, and at 1-0 into the second half I was yelling at the TV for CP to make a change up front. I think CP is inclined to be too nice a guy sometimes which in our current vein of good form hasn't damaged us. Lets hope we don't have to find out if he has a harder side. 
  • Options
    The reason we won in my opinion was that CP was astute enough to play a strong defence and midfield, without which the result might have been different. Sadly Jason Eull had a stinker, and at 1-0 into the second half I was yelling at the TV for CP to make a change up front. I think CP is inclined to be too nice a guy sometimes which in our current vein of good form hasn't damaged us. Lets hope we don't have to find out if he has a harder side. 
    Granpa - I think the fact he released/ moved on 16 players, including first team stalwarts such as Semedo, Dailly and Elliot, shows a certain toughness.  I would not underestimate SCP...
  • Options
    I am with Weegie on this one. CP is definitely no romantic eyed pushover.
  • Options

It's a shame to see a stalwart of the Premiership days become the subject of calls for his removal, though I was never a big fan of his even then.  He has integrity, but he doesn't fit in with this team, and he isn't justifying his place in the squad.

I think this game has acheived everything we could have asked.  A chance for the likes of Pritchards and Smith who didn't disappoint in their 5 minutes of fame, a reminder that we always have work to do, an antidote for complancency and a bloody good result all rolled into one.

• Options
    edited November 2011

Another very sound performance considering we only (quite rightly) played 6 of the first team. We always looked in control and I never thought Halifax would score, although mid way through the second half I thought they could score (rather than would).

Halifax played as well as a few of the lower teams we have faced this season

Jackson played an excellent captain's role considering he was linking up and directing new players infront & behind him. Sheer class.

Evina, Solly, Hollands, Taylor, Morrison, all had very good games.

Sullivan, Hughes & Waggy had decent games.

Hayes was ok.

Euell was extremely poor & has been all season.

Excellent cameos from Smith & Pritchad who should take bench priorities over Euell. They were more productive in 5 minutes than Euell has achieved all season & I have seen every minute that Euell has played. Apologies Jason but you're not up to the job. 

Our vocal support was excellent and was in the main from a group of 14- 16 year old kids. A few of their songs were the usual slating of the opposition (ungraciously), instead of continuing with their excellent Charlton support.

Overall very pleased. The only negative was Euell, but there is a positve there as well, because it meant BWP & Kermit had a rest.

We won 0-4 when not playing great. What more can you ask for.

This season it's a pleasure to watch us. We are undoubtedly, so far, the best team in league 1.

We win, week in, week out, whether we dominate posession or not. We win even having less shots sometimes.

The reason is, that our players are a class above at this level and we have the ability to take our chances.

All we have to do is continue in the same vein & hope we don't get a load of injuries.

Brilliant. Best season since, was it 2004 ?

Enjoy it while you can.

• Options
    edited November 2011

Did we only play 6 of the first team?  Only Smith, Pritchard and to some extent Sullivan can really be claimed to not be first team, surely?

Otherwise I agree with all your other points.

• Options
    I'd include Evina in that list - even though he's been named as a sub once or twice, don't believe he's actually kicked a ball in the League this season?

Only 6 regular first eleven players started at Halifax, compared to the starting lineup against Preston last week.

For some weeks now, the starting 11 has been unchanged - and most of the subs where used have only had cameo appearances of 15 minutes or less.