Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halifax 0 - 4 Charlton - Post Match Views

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Even though a 4-0 scoreline appears a bit harsh on Halifax, considering the effort and at times quality of play they put in, they totally collapsed after the second goal went in.

Towards the end Charlton were scoring for fun.
    If the game had gone on for a further 5 or 10 minutes, we could have been looking at perhaps a 6-0 scoreline.
  • Options
    Evina came on as bathtub at Stevenage for about the last 10 mins. I think he'll get some more chances to play from now on because he looked fit, hungry to play and pretty good.
  • Options
    Thanks Simonsen. I stand corrected about Evina as a playing sub in the League.
  • Options
    I think that's been Evina's only league appearance so far. Guess he's just been really unlucky that Wiggins and Jackson have been so good although Powell must have considered moving Jackson inside when Stephens was unavailable and playing Evina left midfield. As it turned out he went with Hughes, which has really freed up Hollands and the balance looks really good if not better than early season. I like what I've seen of Evina though and he must be one of the quickest players at the club.
  • Options
    The reason we won in my opinion was that CP was astute enough to play a strong defence and midfield, without which the result might have been different. Sadly Jason Eull had a stinker, and at 1-0 into the second half I was yelling at the TV for CP to make a change up front. I think CP is inclined to be too nice a guy sometimes which in our current vein of good form hasn't damaged us. Lets hope we don't have to find out if he has a harder side. 
    I disagree. when SCP took over my fear was that he was too nice a guy, and may struggle to keep control with ego's, but he has proved this not to be the case. Euell is a seasoned pro and whilst he isn't really good enough at league one level, he must be bringing something to the squad, for SCP to keep him. Sadly strikers need match time to keep their fitness and goal target. i fear Euell is past it now and it is more sentimentality tan talent that keeps him at the club. i doubt he will be in the first 3-4 strikers any time soon, but we need a back up, even to play in early cup rounds.

I enjoyed the trip to the Shay. the home fans were welcoming and it was great to see their flags out on the closed stand. they are a proud bunch and respect to them for sticking with their club through worse times than we have seen at Charlton (so far). i think our numbers there were ok (4 coaches) for an early kick off on tv and many enjoyed standing for the whole game.

My MOM was Solly again. He has grown into his role and although i fear he will be tempted elsewhere, i know whilst he's here we will get the best out of him whenever he pulls on a shirt. He is head and shoulders above most (not literally) for his defensive abilities, but it's his never give up attitude that makes him my current favourite player, even ahead of BWP. He saved us a few times and his last ditch tackles and playing the ball out of defence, would look class in any premiership team.

Halifax work the ball well and play football the right way. even when they were struggling to get forward they play to feet with accuracy and were joy to watch.

Bring on Carlisle.
  • Options
    i still believe we will make a major cup final one day
    Was at Wembley yesterday in a box and walked down a big long corridor that had various pictures of events there over the years. They were in date order and the old heart got pumping as I walked along past the 60's, past the 50's, 49, 48 ...... and there it was - a picture of Sam Bartram playing in the 47 Cup Final. Had to stop and take a picture of it. Sad, I know.

Can you post it?  Sadder, I know.
    @Stig Unfortunately it came out really sh*t mate - only took it on the Blackberry.
  • Options
    Shame :-(
  • Options
    You'll just have to get your self a box at Wembley and go and look at it your self!
    ;o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/local/how_shay_streaker_is_paying_the_price_1_4075430
    Thanks MOG.  I nearly cried laughing - especially at the bit where the magistrate says - "you shall in future be known as the man who ran onto the pitch at Halifax Town without his trousers". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/local/how_shay_streaker_is_paying_the_price_1_4075430
    Thanks MOG.  I nearly cried laughing - especially at the bit where the magistrate says - "you shall in future be known as the man who ran onto the pitch at Halifax Town without his trousers". 
    I laughed at that too - it suggests the man will actually undergo a name change.
  • Options
    I think he got a bum deal :-)
  • Options
    Don't now what he was thinking making such an arse of himself.