Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best player you've seen at the Valley

124»

Comments

• Options
    Derek Hales without a doubt. Some great goals but he best was the goal of the season he scored on the volley 40 yds out still one of the best ever seen on tv
  • Options
    Simonsen for us
    Peter Knowles against us

But I'll change my mind tomorrow
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Giggs. Ronaldo was trying to showboat but looked like he couldn't handle the physical side of things lol and started diving.

For us, Leaburn...Won everything in the air and looked so comfortable with the ball, Always thought he was going to score.

• Options
    Paul Walsh, brilliant in his short time with us, he had everything control, passing, tackling, heading, never fulfilled hide true potential imo.

• Options
    Mark Schwarzer when he made his debut for Bradford. Back in 1996 I think. Never seen a keeper performance like it.
  • Options
    Thought this might be about Ugg boots again!
  • Options
    Henry or Ginola for me. I remember with Ginola Curbs had to sub on Shaun Newton just to try and keep up with him.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I remember that Giggs shot - It is the sort of moment when you just admire the genius of it. I do remember watching George Best in a testemonial -could have been Les Berry's but not sure. His career was well over but he was awsome. Henry definitely up there too. As for ours- in the gifted department - I must admit I always liked Claus Jensen and we did have Di Canio for a season.
  • Options
    Youri Djourkaeff was always stunning against us, I'm sure he scored on every visit to The Valley.

• Options
    Killer closely followed by Simonsen</blockquote

Ditto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Interesting thread this one with loads of choices down the years but the majority during our premiership halcyon days when some of the best players in Europe graced the Valley. Plus of course you can only vote for those players of your era. However it is easy to confuse 'Best' with 'Favourite'. Killer was one of my favourites but for sublime skill I stick by my earlier vote for Simonsen 9 goals in 16 league appearances, a 5000? crowd for his first match in a Charlton shirt in a midweek reserve game and as someone has already said previously he played his foorball like a game of chess and was three passes ahead of any other team mate.
  • Options
    Bergkamp, just to see him was a real treat.  Yes he never played a blinder, say like he did against Leicester, but he showed a bit of everything...  I think the day Viera got sent off. 

Really liked Youri Djourkaeff, but the Bolton sides he played on were universally atrocious.  When he scored at the Valley, we were bad, but it was a surprise such an awful team could score such an apt goal of shite.

Really for true performance, and I really disliked him then, it was Van Persie.  As for Berbatov whilst his goal against us was wonderful, his whole performance that season at WHL completely dominates for me, that and any season we had in the prem.
  • Options
    For us - Clive Mendonca

best player I've seen play at the valley - Thierry Henry
  • Options
    Not Giggs - lost my respect when he decided not to bother playing for his country if it was cold or wet.

Best team I saw at The Valley was Arsenal, Henry etc. Seemed they couldn't put a pass wrong for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    Thierry Henry, Ronaldo or Cantona
  • Options

Giggs and Zola.

Firmani for CAFC 

• Options
    Kenny Dalglish was one of the best. I am pretty sure he played in the friendly at The Valley. Can anyone remember the score though? I seem to remember we didn't do too badly - was it 1-1 or 1-2?