Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the inflatable banana

Sure I just heard a song about fruit followed by the banana being blatantly thrown at the steward. Cameraman infront got some snaps on order of the steward. Just saying

Comments

• Options
    You did mate. A little element there today with some racist views and songs about Neil Lennon and parcel bombs. What the hell that has to do with Charlton I don't know and probably people with know history knowledge what so ever. Charlton pin badges with the Rangers badge on it being worn by a few. I don't get it.
    Our support was excellent though, but I suppose there's idiots everywhere
  • Options
    Let's look on the bad side - how were the other 1,993 away fans ?

Was everyone in the home ends ok ?
  • Options
    What's wrong with Charlton/Rangers badges?
  • Options
    What's wrong with Charlton/Rangers badges?
    i second that big  rob.
  • Options
    The support was quality, I've said that. I just commented on the original post.

Rangers badges? Go away guys
  • Options
    Why? What's your problem?
  • Options
    Just like Celtic :-)
  • Options

Oh well, there you go! That would explain it.......

Up the Gers!!! ;-)

• Options
    Supporting rangers acnd charlton makes you no more of a racist than supporting charlton and Celtic

The issue with the banana and the steward just goes to prove what was being said last week

I really hope that the club do something about this lot and pretty fuking soon disgracing our club
  • Options
    Supporting rangers acnd charlton makes you no more of a racist than supporting charlton and Celti
    Good point, well made nla!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why support Charlton AND anyone else? Never understood that.

As a man once said, "What the f**k have we got to do with Scotland?"
  • Options
    Why not?
  • Options
    Why?
  • Options
    .....Why not?
  • Options
    Why not?

Some people seem to think it alludes to other things
  • Options
    why?
  • Options
    Most things could probably allude to whatever you want it to........ Why not?
  • Options
    Give the jukebox a nudge, The cd is stuck :0p
  • Options
    Oh for goodness sake, this is like watching a conversation with my 5 year old nephew. Like Off_It, I can't see why you'd want to, but there's nothing wrong with supporting Rangers as well if you want. Singing songs about Neil Lennon and parcel bombs on the other hand would make you sectarian scum, and I'd want you nowhere near our club.
  • Options
    I didnt go today, but seen a tweet for Ben hamer says about coins being thrown??! Anyone see that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didnt go today, but seen a tweet for Ben hamer says about coins being thrown??! Anyone see that?
    yeah, was brentford fans. Bit of banter between them got out of hand. Was in the brentford end btw.
  • Options

I've never seen the attraction of supporting either of the Old Firm . Ones bad the other is worse between them they have destroyed Scottish football as a meaningfull competetion .

One of my most depressing neutral experiences was watching a Linfield match in Belfast . It seemed no one wore the home shirt and they all wore Rangers tops . This is not about football but politics.

• Options
    Oh for goodness sake, this is like watching a conversation with my 5 year old nephew. Like Off_It, I can't see why you'd want to, but there's nothing wrong with supporting Rangers as well if you want. Singing songs about Neil Lennon and parcel bombs on the other hand would make you sectarian scum, and I'd want you nowhere near our club.

I 100% support this view
  • Options
    Not thrown at the players then between fans I guess? I would have pick the coins up

Look after the pennies as they say!!!
  • Options
    You did mate. A little element there today with some racist views and songs about Neil Lennon and parcel bombs. What the hell that has to do with Charlton I don't know and probably people with know history knowledge what so ever. Charlton pin badges with the Rangers badge on it being worn by a few. I don't get it.
    Our support was excellent though, but I suppose there's idiots everywhere
  • Options
    .....Why not?
    Why not indeed.
    Why not support Charlton and a club in another country - seems fair enough to me.
    But wouldn't you think it odd if I came to Charlton wearing a Charlton badge with the Nantes badge emblazoned upon it?
    What if I took the sword out and replaced it with a canary?
    What would you think if I then sang an offensive song about the Rennes manager?
    Why?
    Why indeed.
    Why do you want to go to a Charlton match and wear your favourite foreign team's badge and sing their songs?
  • Options
    Support of another team, based in Glasgow or not, is not an issue. I don't like Celtic, Liverpool, Millwall or Palace. I don't mind Brighton, Everton, Notts Forest or Team Bath.

Rangers by the way for no reason beyond poppy day protocol.

• Options
    I grabbed the banana with both hands. Munch Munch. Didnt even consider that it was anything other than a bit of fun. oh dear.
  • Options
    .....Why not?
    Why not indeed.
    Why not support Charlton and a club in another country - seems fair enough to me.
    But wouldn't you think it odd if I came to Charlton wearing a Charlton badge with the Nantes badge emblazoned upon it?
    What if I took the sword out and replaced it with a canary?
    What would you think if I then sang an offensive song about the Rennes manager?
    Why?
    Why indeed.
    Why do you want to go to a Charlton match and wear your favourite foreign team's badge and sing their songs?

Yep agree 100%
    If you want to sing sectarian stuff then grow some balls and go to Glasgow to do it
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I grabbed the banana with both hands. Munch Munch. Didnt even consider that it was anything other than a bit of fun. oh dear.
    That sounds like a line from Debbie does Dallas!