Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the inflatable banana

Comments

• Options
    You've never spoke to me mate......
  • Options

People have a "soft spot" for other teams and sometimes that other team may be in another country (sometimes that other team is Charlton Athletic!). I just can't see what the problem is? Might be Barca, Milan or whoever.....

I have a soft spot for Barnet and Raith Rovers . I wouldn't wear their badges or sing their songs at Charlton games in the same  way that I wouldn't sing Valley Floyd Road at Underhill unless of course we drew them in the Cup.

• Options
    tbh i think the acoustics in the stadium were really bad. Didn;t really hear the charlton fans throughout and the brentford fans where i were standing were incredibly loud. I think brentford suffer from the same thing we have at the valley, only one stand in the ground where people want to sing and clap.
    Really? Thats a shame as I imagined we were coming through loud and clear for the whole 90 mins. My sore throat has been completely wasted then :-)
  • Options

You've never spoke to me mate......

So Rob, by not speaking to you that makes me wrong does it, well how curious?

This, despite my having spoken quite often to some of this very small minority who somehow believe that Charlton and Rangers/Celtic are somehow 'blood brothers' of some kind....Well what a laugh that is..............if you believe that Rob (which the vast majority of us don't), then you'll believe anything.

• Options
    Sound I think your getting upset about nothing mate
  • Options
    It makes you wrong about me yes!
  • Options
    Rob...don't try throwing a red herring into the ring......we are talking about linking The Addicks with sectarian leanings towards Rangers and Celtic.......That's what we're talking about here and well you know it, not bloody Arsenal and Barcelona.
  • Options
    Gents, you may not have noticed but BIG_ROB has his picture on his profile and he is in fact, quite a large gentleman who looks like he knows his way around the gym. In order to diffuse this, may I suggest we all agree with him :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Confused am I not allowed to support charlton and rangers without being involved with or by association condoening sectarianism

I come from an English father and a catholic Irish mother, I am married to an Irish catholic

I support charlton because that was where I grew up and like any kid I wanted to support a team that won things

I never even considered the English glory boy route of Liverpool or man yoo

Instead I followed the biggest club in Scotland

I had a charlton and rangers t cosy whilst we were art shit hurst as did most of my pals it has nothing to DO with the politics of it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Big Rob..........you know damn well what people are reffering to here......please don't try to cloud the issue mate and anyway that approach simply isn't working because everyone knows 'mainly' what it's all about.

This is wrong Sound mate, honestly....

• Options
    The atmosphere was great today, but it is such a shame to be let down by these idiots chanting these songs. I dont understand why they do it, all it does is lower ourselves to the same level as millwall, west ham etc. Have no idea why anyone would want to go to a charlton game and sing songs about other clubs either, even if you do have a soft spot for them. Bizarre.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Sound I think your getting upset about nothing mate

Yes Gumbo, they are of course quite a small minority but when someone comes on here and tries to interpret it as all cuddly love of Scottish football clubs i.e. "My Mum and Dad used to support them" well it's simply rubbish it just doesn't wash mate.

There may be one or two to whom that applies and yes in that instance I can understand it  but for the most part we know full well, as does the club of course, what's really behind it.

• Options
    NLA Amen
  • Options
    like many clubs we have a number of fans who lack a bit of grey matter - funny how they always seem to be bigots!
  • Options

Who does it need to wash with?

• Options
    like many clubs we have a number of fans who lack a bit of grey matter - funny how they always seem to be bigots!
    Is that aimed at me?
  • Options
    So where do I fit soundas

A bigot
    B fan

I know where I sit and I know of loads like me that don't mix politics with any sport and just see it for what it is

Football
  • Options
    Look fella people support another clubs for various reason, just coz you support either of the Scottish club doesn't mean there into sectarianism
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure no one is aiming anything at anyone in particular, what people are saying is some of the chants are disgraceful, and its embarressing for charlton to be associated with them. Surely that is something everyone agrees with? So lets put a stop to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah okay
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Gumbo............Blimey....didn't I just say that myself...............please go back and read my last post Gumbo.
  • Options
    I agree with NLA and Addickforlife
  • Options
    It is just like other fans saying all charlton fans are racist due to these few herberts singing the lisbie song

Yes there are idiots that do get involved with the anti Irish stuff but there are others who don't afnd just enjoy the game and follow the club

Sweeping generalizations are just as dangerous and insulting as the vile shite that you are all on about
  • Options
    To serious for me now can be doing with this. We won there are prix who follow charlton end of
  • Options
     Sweeping generalizations are just as dangerous and insulting as the vile shite that you are all on about
    Bang on NLA!
  • Options
    edited November 2011

I have lent over backwards in almost 'every' comment I've made in saying that this is NOT the case with everyone who follows Addicks/Rangers and Celtic......how many more bloody times do I have to say it.

But the majority of these Herberts most certainy 'are' into sectarianism.........there has it got through this time? Jeezuz this is hard work at times!

• Options
    Your not wrong mate there are pricks that follow every club

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Honestly so many people need to get a life on here.

Didn't hear a hint of racism, thankfully, everything was good natured. Had a great day and thought we were supported really well and the players and coaching staff appreciated that at the end.

Can we just enjoy a win for once?
  • Options
    Plaayer did you wear you Ugg boots ( quick change the subject) today??