Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the inflatable banana

Comments

• Options
    I didn't hear anything. I saw coin throwing but only at the station. I think Hamer was referring to at the end. He got a few coins chucked at him. 
  • Options
    B it sounds as though you were as close to what was being said,

Did you hear it or was the lisbie song sang today

• Options
    Why not?
    I said why not, because I don't understand it. I support Charlton and don't understand why I would want to split my allegiances . All the time I spent worrying about other teams I wouldn't be worrying about Charlton, and that doesn't seem right to me as I am first and foremost a Charlton fan. But as I say, maybe I just don't understand why. 

I've explained my view, perhaps you would like to explain yours?

By the way, not digging you out in particular and don't particularly mind what others want to do about supporting other clubs, I just don't get why.
  • Options
    I'm half Scottish and rangers are my second team and all my scot families first team. And exactly the same with them having charlton as there second team
  • Options
    Sad to say I was standing right next to all the chavvy kids today and I heard the Lisbie song for the first time. Then seconds later they are singing the Euell song. I can't quite fathom what goes through these kids heads, is it possible to be THAT thick?
  • Options
    Smithy, Yes. Clearly.
  • Options
    Sad to say I was standing right next to all the chavvy kids today and I heard the Lisbie song for the first time. Then seconds later they are singing the Euell song. I can't quite fathom what goes through these kids heads, is it possible to be THAT thick?
    Evidently!
  • Options
    i think your find most of the rangers fans at charlton are scottish orgins like there dads or mums ,doubt there just blokes from se london whos parentage is english..
  • Options
    Is nobody calling these people out on the spot?
  • Options
    Is nobody calling these people out on the spot?
    this, if i'm in the away end and theres a spot of fellow supporters singing these songs i'll tell them to shut it. What are they gonna do with cctv and stewards everywhere?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Think the second club discussion is a bit of a red herring as I'm far more concerned with why there is a need for sectarian chants ..... In LONDON
    No time for the racist chants either .... Makes us no better than the Whammers and the Wallmarts

Thought we were better than this but maybe I was just being naive
  • Options
    What are they gonna do with cctv and stewards everywhere?
    There wasn't any CCTV in the away terrace and there were hardly any stewards either (until the end of the game).
  • Options
    If people have problems with stuff then sort it out there and then - don't just moan afterwards on the Internet

• Options
    What are they gonna do with cctv and stewards everywhere?
    There wasn't any CCTV in the away terrace and there were hardly any stewards either (until the end of the game).
    If one person calls them out, everyone else (hopefully) will, if they try and start something i'd hope my fellow fan would back me up and tell them to get back to their seat and sing something positive for a change.
  • Options
    If people have problems with stuff then sort it out there and then - don't just moan afterwards on the Internet

Yep I'm sure that conversation would go well ....
    Could be seen to be aggressive which isnt ideal

Should we police our own fans ?
    Or is that down to the Stewards ?
  • Options

Seriously?
  • Options

this, you're pretty much doing nothing just writing it on the internet, apart from irritating people like me.

I get the impression the people that sing these songs are young people? If you tell them to shut up everytime they sing those songs they'll learn whats acceptable or just get bored.
  • Options
    Oh come on. Say you're a 60 year old fella, or a bloke with his kids. Do you really want to take the risk of going up to, I dunno, even 5 or 6 spotty herberts and telling them to pipe down?

In an ideal world, sure. But you can understand why people would be nervous of doing that, surely?
  • Options
    .....Why not?
    Why not indeed.
    Why not support Charlton and a club in another country - seems fair enough to me.
    But wouldn't you think it odd if I came to Charlton wearing a Charlton badge with the Nantes badge emblazoned upon it?
    What if I took the sword out and replaced it with a canary?
    What would you think if I then sang an offensive song about the Rennes manager?

I wouldn't say ANYTHING about ANY of the above (Apart from the bit about changing badges and replacing swords etc, lost me completely there). Which brings me back to the question.... Why not?

People have a "soft spot" for other teams and sometimes that other team may be in another country (sometimes that other team is Charlton Athletic!). I just can't see what the problem is? Might be Barca, Milan or whoever.....

• Options
    Oh come on. Say you're a 60 year old fella, or a bloke with his kids. Do you really want to take the risk of going up to, I dunno, even 5 or 6 spotty herberts and telling them to pipe down?

In an ideal world, sure. But you can understand why people would be nervous of doing that, surely?
    Sure i can, but if like today there are just under 2000 other cafc fans with you, many probably thinking the exact same thing as you would probably back you up if any of them start getting lairy. 

They're also singing racist songs, which makes them cowards already. They'll probably shut up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "probably" kentaddick, and I would hope so. But would I want to find out for sure one way or the other if I had my 8 year old boy with me? 

Nah.
  • Options
    "probably" kentaddick, and I would hope so. But would I want to find out for sure one way or the other if I had my 8 year old boy with me? 

Nah.
    I would. But i can see why you wouldn't want to.
  • Options
    I'd send him off to go and get me a beer whilst I went to knock one of the scroats out instead!
    ;o)
  • Options
    lm sure any racist fans we might have would stop singing racist sings immediately if asked politely. they're probably v bright and v reasonable.
  • Options
    Just tell them to shut up after they sing the song. If enough people do it during the game then they'll learn that it's unacceptable. If they kick up a fuss about it tell them you dont want those songs sung by anyone that is part of this club.
  • Options
    .....Why not?
    Why not indeed.
    Why not support Charlton and a club in another country - seems fair enough to me.
    But wouldn't you think it odd if I came to Charlton wearing a Charlton badge with the Nantes badge emblazoned upon it?
    What if I took the sword out and replaced it with a canary?
    What would you think if I then sang an offensive song about the Rennes manager?

I wouldn't say ANYTHING about ANY of the above (Apart from the bit about changing badges and replacing swords etc, lost me completely there). Which brings me back to the question.... Why not?

People have a "soft spot" for other teams and sometimes that other team may be in another country (sometimes that other team is Charlton Athletic!). I just can't see what the problem is? Might be Barca, Milan or whoever.....

Big Rob..........you know damn well what people are reffering to here......please don't try to cloud the issue mate and anyway that approach simply isn't working because everyone knows 'mainly' what it's all about.

It's clearly to do with sectarianism.....personally I can't understand it........well by that I mean that I can't understand folk wanting to get caught up in it and glory in it. Which some (and I did say some) of these badge wearers around the club most certainly do.

I wish they'd move up to Glasgow and support either Rangers or Celtic instead of running around doing the 'sectarian trip' at the expense of MY club. What the hell have The Addicks and Celtic and Rangers got to do with each other..........absolutely Sweet FA that's what! 

I'm an Addick pure and simple and I don't want to be anything else and won't be anything else........... till the day I die!

• Options
    edited November 2011

Sorry, but you're wrong!

• Options
    On a more positive note, i thought the support was first class today. Constant wall of noise from the away end, brentford only piped up when the chavs in their end to our right got annoyed with timewasting.
  • Options
    tbh i think the acoustics in the stadium were really bad. Didn;t really hear the charlton fans throughout and the brentford fans where i were standing were incredibly loud. I think brentford suffer from the same thing we have at the valley, only one stand in the ground where people want to sing and clap.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Fook me I've talked to enough of them over the years to know that I'm absolutely right 100% beyond any doubt whatsoever...........I've heard what they have to say often enough...so don't spout that Rob fer Christs sake man get real and stop making excuses..or do you have some other remit...........which of course seems highly likely.