Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life, Down At The Mac, Owlstalk....

Comments

• Options

No i think of Jamaica.

I'm up late because I'm all excited about Tranmere at home and I come on here to see if people reply to my posts.

• Options
    Sad, sad man/woman/boy/girl/stripper.
  • Options
    Sad, sad man/woman/boy/girl/stripper.

Whats your excuse love?
  • Options
    My "excuse" for posting on a Charlton forum? 

Err ..... I'm a Charlton supporter. 

Or do you mean my "excuse" for being up late? 

As people on here will tell you, I'm an international jet-setter/playboy who's used to operating in different time zones concurrently. It's not "late" where I am at the moment. .

• Options
    Oh, she's fcuked off now. Pity. Probably working the late shift at the local "sauna".
  • Options
    Oh, she's fcuked off now. Pity. Probably working the late shift at the local "sauna".
    Bless her that was her last bit of wifi for the week.
  • Options
    Yep. Can't log on until she gets her 'social' and can pay her ISP.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Looking a little nearer to home we were 15 points clear in our Championship season & only won it by 2 I think in the end.

It was even worse than that in our last 3rd Division promotion season...... we completely blew our enormous lead at the top, and ended up scraping promotion in 3rd place
  • Options

Looking a little nearer to home we were 15 points clear in our Championship season & only won it by 2 I think in the end.

It was even worse than that in our last 3rd Division promotion season...... we completely blew our enormous lead at the top, and ended up scraping promotion in 3rd place
    Christ I was almost young then, I can't be expected to remember surely ? 
  • Options

He (MM) has stated that Megson will get 'considerable support' in January, by this he means some of the lones we currently have will become permanent, Marshall has already stated he wants to join us.

If we need to add more then the option is still there, we don't have to blow all the money that we will have available.

Wendys about to blow another load of MM's cash on ..................................................... Mick Jones from Bury. What with the Llera perm as well, it looks like their MASSIVE spending power is sending shockwaves through our league. Marshall must like a good wind up !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't Jones out of contract as well?
  • Options
    Isn't Jones out of contract as well?
    At the end of the season. Not sure a player who had most Wednesday fans saying "who?" will command a "considerable" fee, so there must be more to come from their millions.
  • Options
    Must say I've enjoyed reading some of the banter on Owlstalk following the match on Saturday!
  • Options
    BlackForestReds December 2011
    nethertonowl said:

Dont believe me but direct quote from MM

Gary will have full support.

“We are keeping our eye on the ball, assessing where we are and what issues we need to address with regard to loan players,”

On his spending so far, the chairman says: “I had to settle a lot of bills; there were also managerial contracts, plus losses during the season that we had to deal with, and there was a couple of million to bring in players.

“I have spent at least £14m already, and by the end of the season I think the total will be between £16m and £20m. I don’t call that investment a loss, because I know it is getting the club going in right direction. We are a club with ambition.”

"there was a couple of million to buy players".

He may spend up to another £6m this season, but I doubt that all of that will go on players. SW like most other clubs are likely to be running at a loss - Charlton included, we are scheduled (at least according to rumour) to lose around £4-5m this season, maybe a couple more million will go on players, the rest on running the club. That's likely to be the case at Charlton too.

It would appear that BFR along with others have a better understanding of the MASSIVE financial situation than netherton. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16637494.stm?
    Looks like they are struggling to replace the man behind much of their success. Let's hope that remains the situation. I know that we have played them all we are going to in the league this season but it can only strengthen our position if one of our rivals for promotion cannot strengthen where they need to. Long may it continue.
  • Options
    Great thread on there about transfers, apparently we are going to go under big style if we don't go up

We have gone for the shit or bust style of football mgmt ,

Spending big and gambling our future, and when the wage cap comes in we are royally doomed
  • Options
    Never looked at that Wednesday site before but some of the comments from our fans on there are cringeworthy, especially on that "Charlton fans point of view" thread
  • Options
    nth london addick 7:44PM
    Great thread on there about transfers, apparently we are going to go under big style if we don't go up

We have gone for the shit or bust style of football mgmt ,

Spending big and gambling our future, and when the wage cap comes in we are royally doomed

Embarrassing considering our owner is worth over £600 million
  • Options
    @CAFCsayer - So you know who owns us then? C'mon, spill the beans.
  • Options
    Five players have turned them down on loan, hahaha.

Why would you want to play in midfield for Wednesday, you'd never get a touch of the ball.
  • Options
    And a stiff neck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Stu Thaat would be telling :')
  • Options
    I've often wondered if 'The Owls' got their nickname based on the legendary ability of the owl to swivel its neck backwards and forwards and almost a complete 360 turn. I suspect that the Mugson style of hoofball has long been practised in that part of Sheffield.
  • Options
    @la - I've always thought it was because the Swahili word for 'Owl' translates (loosely) as 'stupid soppy northern mugs with delusions of grandeur, a shit ground and a team of route one bully-boy pricks' (though I could be wrong)
  • Options
    Sheff Utd filled The Jimmy Seed stand: sheff weds would've filled the Valley !
  • Options
    Classic quote taken from Down at the Mac:

"He's right, they only have to lose BWP to injury and they will stutter!"

Hmmmm.
  • Options
    Boring we done em now let's concentrate on us!
  • Options
    "There the best team iv seen in league one in a while IMHO

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=64646#ixzz1l3EBff7B"

Spelling mistakes aside, it puts a smile on my face reading things like that.
  • Options
    Nice one Rob!
    I like this from 'Gornaldo' on that thread: "We can win this fucking league.

We CAN be fucking CHAMPIONS!

2 or 3 nil to Wednesday.

They won't get a thing today that lot."

Alas he is no latter-day Nostradamus but a deluded Wendy.