Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life, Down At The Mac, Owlstalk....

Comments

• Options
    Well they can't look anymore foolish than the wendies with some of the comments I've seen on there, they still think we're going to have a blip!!!! It's possible we will but they would be looking at a miracle to overtake us. End of the day it's a public forum & even if some of the Charlton interlopers are less than eloquent does it really have any effect on your life ? If you don't like it it's quite simple..... don't go on to their site.
    I dont, im simply posting an opinion here
  • Options
    Wednesday have had their blip though and Charlton are yet to have theirs. Charlton's home form isn't great whereas Wednesday's will see them power to the title.

Remember where you heard it folks!
  • Options
    One rational and no longer deluded Wendy:

"Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:44 PM
    Surely it's time to change the record? This style of play is no longer working! "

• Options
    I was waiting all January for Wednesday to hopefully lose Marshall (like Hudders with Rhodes) and they did. He was their only real creative player and now he's gone they are struggling.
  • Options
    You wait until Stevenage win their 3 games in hand.

And go above Sheff Weds.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Looks like the penny is dropping:

"Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:11 PM
    Because...
    ...we play awful long ball football.
    ...Gary Madine looks as interested as the corner flag.
    ...we have a goal scorer with over 50 goals in 2 years who can't make the bench.
    ...we bottle it whenever we have a 'must win' or the fourth official holds up his time added on board - not exactly promising for any play off games.
    ...we've just gone through the only transfer window and managed to come out the other side without a single left winger at the club.
    ...we just lost to Exeter, Stevenage, got thumped by Blackpool
    ...if united win their games in hand they're 8 points clear of us.
    Want more?
    "

"...if united win their games in hand they're 8 points clear of us."

And they look like they probably will.

Sheff Weds v Sheff Utd on 26th Feb....... they can't both win.
  • Options
    Stevenage seem to know how to grind out wins similar to us, gonna be a very interesting game when they come to us looking for 3pts..

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds8SMkFOKkk&feature=player_embedded

"A typical conversation with a Sheffield Wednesday fan"

Thought this was pretty funny.
  • Options
    Agreed, surreal at times ("four dash zero"), but worth a look
  • Options
    That is so weird but so funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From the Wednesday/Stevenage match thread:
    Stevenage are just a set of bullies.
    Oh the irony...
    Double ironing if you took a look at the Stevenage v Charlton match thread.
  • Options
    "Megson has said, so it must be true" ...... that's as far as I got.
  • Options
    They do come out with some absolute bollocks, this is the latest.

gary megson is a proven quality manager(unlike irvine) and i think MM will start to spend when we are out of this league, getting us out of this league without spending MASSIVE amounts of cash IS the smartest way to do it, charlton have spent loads and when they are promoted the huge squad they have is mainly decent league 1 standard players so when the FA,s wage re-structuring guidlines kick in it will leave them in a position where they need to offload loads of players before they can even consider bringing in some CHAMPIONSHIP quality players, potentially this could turn them into a yo-yo club, so lets just stick with GM MM and the team theirs still 45 points to play for UTO FTB

• Options
    yo-yo
  • Options
    Where did they get this idea that we have spent millions and are lavishing many thousands each week upon our players?

After all, didn't Semedo refuse to sign the contract he was offered here because the Wendies offered him a bigger weekly wage?

That owlstalk site is pure comedy - very entertaining!
  • Options
    Hahaha! That video is brilliant!
  • Options
    I am concerned for the wellbeing of OWLS1867, who used to post so regularly on here, but hasn't posted for such a long while ......................... is she ill ?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hilarious!
  • Options
    Oh my, oh my: that video! Great stuff.

I like Callum's image too. They should use that with blue and white straws only and print it on their shirts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am concerned for the wellbeing of OWLS1867, who used to post so regularly on here, but hasn't posted for such a long while ......................... is she ill ?
    I think she's imploded.
  • Options
    That guy player must be a left over from the Tory BSE scare of the late 80's. What an utter loon, I'd guess that Morrison, Madine and Semedo's wages would pay for nearly all of our starting 11's. MM never spends big on transfers, he always looks to deal with a lot of undisclosed and free transfers. He's wise at not creating crippling costs, and then selling to some strange foreign consortium.
  • Options
    That video is absolutely brilliant!
  • Options
    Time to alert the suicide watch - losing at Chesterfield
  • Options
    MASSIVE Meltdown!
  • Options
    OWLS1867 - Where are you???
  • Options

Last 14, W11 D2 L1

Looking good!

• Options

Well Seth, maybe we got our bad run off our chests from the start? B'mouth, Bury and who could forget the 5-1 mauling at Stevenage, however, since then we've only had one defeat and things have gone from strength to strength.

Interesting.

• Options
    a owl.....

"Almost fully fit squad woefully short of quality, never even look like scoring and not for the first time this season. IMO we have not looked a good side all season, we have all been saying this next week we will hammer someone and it never happened, apalling goal difference for a top 6 team, no 90 minute displays and always looking over our shoulder at 80 minutes trying to see the game out.

Plan A is testicles and we don't even have a plan B. Some posts state auto will be difficult, it is impossible it went last week and unless some quality is brought in we will stay in this league.

CLUELESS Wednesday"

• Options
    When the Chesterfield goal came through on Talksport, Ray Parlour said, "That's a massive result". Did make me chuckle