Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life, Down At The Mac, Owlstalk....

Comments

• Options
    I like this poster he's my sorta guy!! http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=64646
    Love the suicidal smiley in the second post.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    An Owls supporter Chris Brookes just put this on Twitter

been on Owlstalk since I was 14 but not enjoying it now,must be a LOT of Blades on it on the wind-up,can't be that many clueless #swfc fans
  • Options
    Exeter City supporter on Owls talk telling the Howlers what they think of their MASSIVE club:

"Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:30 PM
    We're Exeter City, we're taking the piss [8]

Haha but on a serious note I think you have some of the most arrogant fans in this league.

You definitely think you're bigger than what you are, and I'll have you know that's 3 wins to the Exeter to, your measly one victory over us.

We did the double over Charlton last season, we drew 4-4 with the blades and we've beat you 3 out of 4 times. We've beat Huddersfield etc since we've been in this league.

I think you need to stop putting the 'smaller' clubs down for being 'smaller' because we're all in the league, because we have similar ability. I've been reading through this and it's just a joke to your club. You think you're so much more than what you are.

Losing to us is embarrassing? Why? We're in the same league as you, and came above you last season!

Sort it out, because I'd put you down in the top 3 of the most hated clubs in England IMHO.

You're not MASSIVE, and we're not obsessed with you.

Chin up.

From yours truly

Every other football fan!

2-1
    "
  • Options
    Sums it up perfectly I think.
  • Options
    It is a quality post
  • Options
    I really hope Weds stay in this division, they don't deserve to go up yet, hope they keep Megson till the end of the season and then sack him.
  • Options
    good on the exeter fan that wrote that but hasnt other people wrote stuff simalar on there forum.
  • Options
    I really hope Weds stay in this division, they don't deserve to go up yet, hope they keep Megson till the end of the season and then sack him.
    i think they will stay in this division and have a big reality check. Hudders, Sheff Utd and MK Dons are better than them and one of those will beat them in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Why are we so bothered about them - sorts of backs up their argument. Personally couldn't give two figs about them and how they do and don't see them as a threat this year.
  • Options
    Why are we so bothered about them - sorts of backs up their argument. Personally couldn't give two figs about them and how they do and don't see them as a threat this year.
    I wouldn't say we're 'bothered with them' Mutley as much as intrigued by their unfounded attitude about themselves......let's be honest, it does make for some interesting reading......especially from our lofty position.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on SoundAsa£, I could not give a toss about Sheff Wed or their fans but Owlstalk doesn't half cheer me up when I am bored.

They are becoming suicidal over there, if they lose against Stevenage the site will implode.
  • Options
    good on the exeter fan that wrote that but hasnt other people wrote stuff simalar on there forum.

Not really. Our fans go over to`banter' and make themselves look like fools
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Well they can't look anymore foolish than the wendies with some of the comments I've seen on there, they still think we're going to have a blip!!!! It's possible we will but they would be looking at a miracle to overtake us. End of the day it's a public forum & even if some of the Charlton interlopers are less than eloquent does it really have any effect on your life ? If you don't like it it's quite simple..... don't go on to their site.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    even if some of the Charlton interlopers are less than eloquent does it really have any effect on your life ? If you don't like it it's quite simple..... don't go on to their site.
    I'm with Shine on this one and I don't think it is that simple. When our supporters go on other fans' forums they are, as far as those other fans are concerned, representing Charlton. If they make themselves look crass and ridiculous, which unfortunately some of them do with their attempts at 'banter', that reflects on all of us. I don't want our fans, team or club to be seen in that light by other supporters and I wish some of these contributors to other forums would think more carefully before posting their comments. Sure it's a free society and no one's going to stop them doing it but don't we all appreciate and respect other fans on our site who post careful and reasoned points and not pathetic and silly wind ups? Same thing.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with some banter but never under stood fans going on other teams board unless its to offer helpful information for that teams away fans before they come to there ground.
  • Options
    Banter
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Nothing wrong with some banter
    Banter's fine if it's funny. It's supposed to be funny. And clever. What I'm talking about is not banter but a puerile posturing which sounds like it comes from some 12 year old nerd (and may well do, for all I know) and which is simply an embarrassment. Besides, banter isn't possible when you're infiltrating someone else's fansite to insult them or to gloat. Those who do it just want to wind the other lot up and the other lot just want them to f*ck off.
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2012
    Banter's fine if it's funny. It's supposed to be funny. And clever. What I'm talking about is not banter but a puerile posturing which sounds like it comes from some 12 year old nerd (and may well do, for all I know) and which is simply an embarrassment. Besides, banter isn't possible when you're infiltrating someone else's fansite to insult them or to gloat. Those who do it just want to wind the other lot up and the other lot just want them to f*ck off.
    But I'm sure it's youngsters doing this. If I'm honest I may have thought about doing this myself when I was 16. It sometimes makes you cringe when you get older though but you view a lot of things differently when you get older.
  • Options
    A brace of banters.

• Options
    We should be giving them pelters, if it goes tits up whats the worse they can do? Give us pelters back....oo....frightening!
    FFS its part of what being a supporter is all about!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the Wendies have a bad result, it's pure entertainment to read Owlstalk.

I never post though; absolutely no point.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Just hilarious. They scrape past Yeovil at home and they're full of hope for getting second, even daring to mention winning the league and all is rosy. They lose at Exeter and they're getting the razor blades and lengths of rope out. I do like the comment from a sensible Wednesday fan that the board but be full of Sheff United fans as he can't believe Wednesday fans are so arrogant. I certainly will not be gloating at all until we go up and even then I'll just smile about it. There's bad losers but also there's such a thing as bad winners. I'll just enjoy the warm feeling that doing well brings to you.
  • Options
    I've been on there and haven't seen any posts from anyone claiming to be an Addick..........I'm obviously not looking at the right thread/threads.
  • Options
    There's bad losers but also there's such a thing as bad winners. I'll just enjoy the warm feeling that doing well brings to you.
    Well said

• Options
    There have been quite a few addicks on there but they really don't need other fans to wind them up, they're good at doing it themselves.
  • Options
    We should be giving them pelters, if it goes tits up whats the worse they can do? Give us pelters back....oo....frightening!
    FFS its part of what being a supporter is all about!

Exactly, I just don't get this "Ooh we don't want opposition fans to think badly of us" Who gives a flying fuck what they think. I have posted a couple of times a few months back giving a reasoned response (I hope) to the semedo debate to be met with Fook off cockerney (their spelling not mine ;-) ) & pointing out that as he was our player of the year we must all be gutted so fook right off. So I don't bother posting any more. They didn't upset me, quite honestly I didn't think anything of it, no big deal, just no point responding.

Let the youngsters have their fun, stay off of the wendies forum & you won't be offended at the thought that they think we're a horrible bunch of supporters ;- )
  • Options
    suicide watch on owlstalk lol
  • Options
    They are saying exactly the same as was said on here. Priceless. Are we really jellied eel eating shandy drinkers though ?
  • Options
    From the Wednesday/Stevenage match thread:
    Stevenage are just a set of bullies.
    Oh the irony...