Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life, Down At The Mac, Owlstalk....

Comments

• I still dont think they will go up TBH , i was wrong they will make the playoffs but i can not see them getting out of this division

Huddersfield Stevenage Final for me
    Sounds right to me. How bad would Clarke feel if Huddersfield went up this year?!
  • used to quite like wednesday as a few of our players had connections, lawrie madden, paul williams, bob bolder, gordon watson.
    however, i must be the only person in south-east england who doesn't know and never has known any of their hoards of fans that moved to london.
  • Mostly decent comments on there, but there's no way we're paying Clarke £6k a week. Not a chance in hell, that's around what we were paying Semedo and we got rid of him specifically because of that
  • Can anyone enlighten me as to what their history involves that makes them such a massive club ?
  • A league cup in the early '90s and a couple of League titles in the '20s...
  • Ask them - the replies would make good reading!
  • I have a feeling Huddersfield will get second and it will be an all Sheffield Play off final - would certainly be a game to watch if that happened!
  • Jimmy Seed won Championships and at least one FA Cup with them as a player before becoming our manager
  • Back to the budget debate. I'm fairly sure there would be signing on fees and agents fees to be added to the meagre (IMHO) values put on some of he players above. If we did it all on savings and Jenkinson then I'm super impressed. Having said that we can't do the same trick next season can we. Will be interesting.
  • But we don't have to do the same trick next season - the squad will not need wholesale changes like it needed last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• But we don't have to do the same trick next season - the squad will not need wholesale changes like it needed last year.
    True Muttley but if we want to add quality to our squad we wont be doing it for a million quid and a few released players. I would say we need five good quality Championship players next season if we want anything more than bottom third consolidation which would be fine if that's what it takes.
  • I'm not so sure- I would guess that we will have one of the strongest defences if not the strongest - Hollands, Stevens, JJ, BWP, Kermogant and Green look Championship quality to me. Maybe a couple of signings but only if a player is available at the right price who will improve us.
  • This team is walking away with the league so you would expect it to do alright in the Championship, Brighton and Southampton aren't doing too badly this year not sure how many changes they've made to the team which got the promoted.
  • I reckon the Board will sanction a couple of decent signings and we gave already seen that SCP has an eye for a player. Looking forward to another decent season.
  • edited February 2012
    But we don't have to do the same trick next season - the squad will not need wholesale changes like it needed last year.
    True Muttley but if we want to add quality to our squad we wont be doing it for a million quid and a few released players. I would say we need five good quality Championship players next season if we want anything more than bottom third consolidation which would be fine if that's what it takes.
    I think we'd do better than bottom third. We are cruising this league. And we have more than five good quality Championship players in our side as is.
  • I don't want us to get too ahead of ourselves, but I'd guess we'd be mid-Championship as we are?
  • I think you missed Michael Smith.He must have cost a fee.
  • Yes, think that was around the £80k mark. Basically I think we can agree that give or take a few quid we have largely paid for the tranfers in with the transfers out though. Also, Imagine how much those transfers in are worth now- I would guess Wiggins has gone up 10 times his original price for starters.
  • Jealous
  • All that niceness makes me nervous. Why nw? What are they up to?
  • Sponsored links:

• I see somebody has posted my summary of player costs on the Sheffield Board - I wouldn't post on an opposition board but don't like the fact they are doubting my figure for Haynes - maybe whoever posted it might want to post this link to prove them wrong: http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=1526&headline=Striker Haynes joins Addicks

• Looks like this 'blip' will continue...

"Charlton will not win another game this season, like I said a week ago"
    posted by a Massive prat.
  • Wanna hear a joke?

Someone on owlstalk suggesting putting Llera in CM....
  • Chase me, chase me.
  • They have to actually move above United first...
  • Jones fitting right in with his MASSIVE dose of delusion...
  • He's only preaching to the converted...... he just tells them what they want to hear.