Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you follow football teams from other countries?

Comments

• Options
    Hibs, St Pauli, Feyenoord,

And it all started off so well...
  • Options

In Scotland its Stranraer and Inverness, with a soft spot for Ross County having been to watch games at all the grounds....even Cally Thistle when they were a separate team.

In Oz I follow Central Coast Mariners....one of the nicest grounds Ive ever been too.....albeit watching A league football is like watching paint dry as they seem to want to pass the teams to death all the time.....Through ball? whats a through ball.....

• Options
    Rangers & Real Betis
  • Options
    Just couldn't get excited by any Czech team for years, it all seemed pretty soul -less and the constant whiff of corruption sours the atmosphere. But years ago I met a young Czech marketing manager through my work who was mad about his home town club Viktoria Plzen, even though they were a minor club, and often in the second division. But i liked his passion for them, their academy which produced Nedved and Cech, and got mad about how Sparta ripped them off over Nedved. Then last year they started to come good, Lubos invited me down for the big game with Sparta, and I was hooked. Even though their latest team strip has gone all Crystal Palace on me.
  • Options
    Linfield, Barca, Standard Liege for me...
  • Options
    Roma & Fiorentina (we've been to italy a fair bit and saw Roma v Lazio a few years back and Fiorentina v Siena more recently - got engaged after the match in florence and wedding was Fiorentina coloured themed with the fleur de lis on lots of stationary so could say have a soft spot for them.)

Went on a tour of the empty san siro and always cheer on Inter when i see them playing rather than AC. Because of the CAFC (no point) tie up years back.
    Celtic
    New York Jets 
  • Options

Scotland Rangers

Holland Feyenoord

Spain Barcelona

USA NY Mets NY Jets

• Options
    ?
  • Options
    Same story as most...have had chance to see games in a few countries and look out for those teams.
    St Pats (Ireland), Barcelona, Roda, St Pauli, Inter, Celtic, Cliftonville & Sporting Lisbon.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Scotland: Greenock Morton

Spain: Barca since I got a shirt in 86, although I do have a soft spot for Sevilla.

USA: Used to be Chicago Sting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Spain: Now support Barcelona after seeing them win 3-2 in the supa cop this year at the Nou Camp.

France: Lyon, I just like them no idea why.

Germany: Schalke 04. Always the underdogs against B.Munich and go quite well in the champions league.

• Options
    I worked in a town called Malang in East Java, Indonesia for a year.

Naturally I took in a few matches. I was in for a surprise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeL5OkLWAlw

Arema, singo edan!!!!

If the authorities were as organised or as passionate as the fans then you's see a lot more of Indonesia in the World Cup.
  • Options
    No I don't watch any. If I'm in a pub that's showing a foreign match, then I'll watch it but I won't go out of my way.
  • Options
    AC Milan, Real Madrid, PSG, Hibs

You forgot Bayern Munich....
    Them too, although I have been to Bavaria Germany where Bayern come from, so thats my link ;)
  • Options
    Vasco da Gama (Brazil)
  • Options
    I'm half Brazillian so always look out for Flamengo and Corinthians' results as my family have split loyalties.  Have seen quite a few other Brazilian sides, as well as St Pauli as a German friend of mine is a big fan.

Ex Mrs was Italian and her family were were big Juve fans so got a soft spot for them too.
  • Options
    I also lived in Edmonton, Canada but just before FC Edmonton formed, I saw Edmonton Green and Gold at Foote field back in 2006 in the Albertan Soccer League, I follow FC Edmonton on twitter.
    Foote field isn't much of a stadium unfortunately. The soccer pitch is marked out in blue which is bloody hard to make out against the CFL and lacrosse markings. Talk is the city are going to build a purpose built soccer stadium for the Women's World Cup, which Canada is hosting in 2014, which FC Edmonton will then use. Hopefully that will come off and they'll get a place in MLS. Montreal Impact have moved from NASL to MLS despite finishing 2nd bottom so it might be more than just a pipe dream.

• Options
    F off NY Jets, Giants through and through. 
    Jets, ha! Like saying you support Fulham... 
  • Options
    Watched the BEC Toro v Muang Thong Utd game yesterday. Robbie Fowler played about 55 mins on the left side of a front three.....put in loads of running and looked in good shape. Game ended 2-2 which means Fowler's Muang Thong Utd are in 2nd place but 10 points behind the leaders Buriram. Cracking atmosphere and a good game and all for 2 quid. 
  • Options
    My old German teacher used to give us a team to follow every year

Nuremberg came first

French teacher did the same and I drew Montpellier

Dad bought me an F C Porto shirt once

And Berwick because they were always pants when I was a kid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Real Madrid, Udinese, FC Kobenhavn, Koln

Patriots, Celtics, Diamondbacks, Red Wings
  • Options
    The giants weren't playing the weekend we were in New York. sorry!
  • Options

I saw a couple of matches in Kigali, Rwanda involving APR (Armée Patriotique Rwandaise) FC. One was an African Champions League game against FC Rabat where we sat just behind the President... not a very comfy feeling! Great tribal atmosphere, highly colourful, congas up the steps and an unbelievable silence and orderly departure as the final whistle went even though the home team won 2-1.

Farther afield, I do follow Tonbridge, Welling, Dartford and Ebbsfleet when I can... used to love going to Erith & Belvedere in the Park View days.

• Options

Hamburg,Swansea,Rangers & Linfield

• Options
    The giants weren't playing the weekend we were in New York. sorry!
    You should be suzi! 
    ;)
  • Options
    Only 2 teams for me:

First, foremost and forever: Charlton

Second team: Schalke 04 
  • Options
    ?

Two proper clubs, then a very big and nasty one. 
  • Options
    AC Milan, Real Madrid, PSG, Hibs

You forgot Bayern Munich....
    Them too, although I have been to Bavaria Germany where Bayern come from, so thats my link ;)

Mmm... why doesn't that surprise me.1860 away that week were they? LOL

• Options
    Scotland: Alloa and Dunfermline
  • Options

Hamburg,Swansea,Rangers & Linfield

Why Swansea?