Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Oak

Comments

• Options
    The anchor was pretty good.. it was sunny, had a walk on Charlton beach, Doom Bar was fantastic and you can't beat Tavern's Beef and Mustard and Turkey and Stuffing Crisps.

The only downside were the wasps, who seemed to have a better coordinated attack than the Charlton first team.
  • Options

The only downside were the wasps, who seemed to have a better coordinated attack than the Charlton first team.

Can we sign em?

• Options

bartrams is only good if you get there early gets so busy, i frequent the we anchor in hope now was lovely on saturday with the weather. pretty funky toilets aswell

a dredger unloading sand on to conveyors at Angerstein Wharf
    I bet it was more entertaining than the match
    Yes! The dredger unloading sand had more power and grace than our midfield!

• Options
    Vincent said:

se9addick said:

Fair play to the staff at the Lib yesterday who were working in difficult conditions, the buckets of beer are a good idea.

It was not your birthday on Saturday was it

No, why ?
  • Options
    and sausage roll that had "Guts ache" written all over it.

TBH - If I saw a sausage roll with "Guts ache" written all over it, I'd steer well clear.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Can we sign em?

They made me cross, come to think of it, I know someone who could do with a few wasps buzzing around him!
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Can we sign em?

Only for our B team.

• Options
    New landlord in the Royal Oak today. I haven't been in yet but he's telling people he has a three year lease with a six month bailout option. I might have have. Couple in there after today's game to drown my sorrows.
  • Options
    Right, been in and it all looks a bit bare. A lot of the Charlton memorabilia has been taken by Ken Ryan (previous leaseholder) and I believe it may be making a reappearance in the Rose of Denmark (another of Ken's stable). Anyhow, the new guy and his partner (Colin & Angie) have lots of plans and an apparent track record. They are just finishing off at The Rose in Plumstead (Glyndon Estate?) and had The Crown in East Greenwich prior to that. The flat screen TV's and sports channels are on order and this week will see the old second door re-opened. That's a good move and he's promising plenty of bar staff for the Doncaster game. For the record he's a Hull City/Tigers fan but he wants to re-engage with the club in a big way.
  • Options
    Lets see if its 3rd lucky since Ray and Pen left. Hope it is, that part if SE7 needs a hub for local people and football fans to get off their tits in.

Fingers crossed for Colin and Angela (I think I might know him.....)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big Rob - think it will be 4th time luck since Ray and Penny. Clive and Natlee, that young lady from Thamesmead (can't remember her name) and her doughnut boyfriends and the woman who's been trying for the last year but who was pretty clueless.
  • Options
    Cardinal might try it on saturday pre the game
  • Options
    I'll be there as log as I get out of hospital on time (op tomorrow).
  • Options
    Started positive then, made one big change. That used to be a nightmare one entry/exit on busy days.

good luck with op.
  • Options
    Given up with oak, even changed my parking spot of the last 5yrs to park closer to the hope n anchor
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Started positive then, made one big change. That used to be a nightmare one entry/exit on busy days.

good luck with op.

Thanks (sex change but don't tell anyone).
  • Options
    I'm sure no one will notice the difference!

:-)
  • Options

At least the kilt will get a bit more wear.......
  • Options

At least the kilt will get a bit more wear.......
    Never needed an excuse but good logical thinking!
  • Options
    must be an op to get your wallet out this season !! best luck tho fella
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will they have the lunchtime game..anyone know ?
  • Options
    While the events of today will i'm sure be of greater interest. I just want to say. I went in the Royal Oak today. (I gave up using it at the start of last season)
    Went in around 13.40, fair few in there. I got served as soon as i walked in. Two beers cost me £6.50. Which by todays extortionate prices, wasn't too bad.
    Later my son bought a couple and recieved the same prompt service.
    O/K it looks a bit of a tip in there. But give the new owner time to sort that. The place could well become a good matchday pub again.
  • Options
    Went in afterwards they ran out of bitter, on the plus side they cleared the queues quickly and appear to have staff who know what they are doing so could be better times in there
  • Options
    OK - no footie, but, brilliant service - nice pint Guiness, wish them well
  • Options

OK - no footie, but, brilliant service - nice pint Guiness, wish them well

"Guiness"? Have another one, and you'll fined it puts extra 'n' in Guinness.

• Options
    He is getting the footie on and wants to get the Club involved. Not sure how successful he will be with that but wants to get players and supporters down. Might provide a sympathetic venue for CASTrust, Red Division, Jiminez Out, Sack the Board, Time for Action, Valley Party 2 etc meetings.
  • Options
    Good 1st impressions, says he's there for the long haul, seemed to know what he was doing re having enough people serving. Felt for him as he literally had nothing to work with, the old owners stripped it bare not even leaving any furniture.

Also heard a rumour that they even took the childline donation box which, if true, is appalling.

Ill be going back next week.
  • Options
    Went in there for 1 about 1ish was served straight away and plenty of staff waiting.
  • Options
    The Lib did well yesterday loads of staff and a bottle bar. All dayer onto day will give it a spin later.
  • Options
    anyone know if this is open Saturday morning?