Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Oak

Comments

• Options
    Must admit that I wasn't a fan of it after that last "refurb".  Felt more like someone's front room than the pub it used to be.  Get in some good staff who know how to pour beers and how to serve properly (recognise punters/drinks) and you could have a great business.  As already mentioned though, it could be quite a while yet before we get back to anything like full capacity in pubs/football grounds.  
  • Options
    If @smiffyboy or anyone has a contact the museum would like to speak to the new owner. Might be able to loan some stuff to the pub
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    smiffyboy said:
    smiffyboy said:
    Kevin who has taken it over is a good friend of mine, the refurb has been going on for a while and the photos ive seen its looking good. They are planning on doing food in there.
    So what would it be like on a match day?
    A bit like normal but nicer or restricted to about a dozen tables with people eating lunch?
    I havent asked him about that, i will find out.

While you are at it tell him @ElfsborgAddick wants to put his card behind the bar and set up a tab first home game we are back to treat everyone. what a guy. 

Not sure Elf's Library card will work.
    Nectar points maybe.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    smiffyboy said:
    smiffyboy said:
    Kevin who has taken it over is a good friend of mine, the refurb has been going on for a while and the photos ive seen its looking good. They are planning on doing food in there.
    So what would it be like on a match day?
    A bit like normal but nicer or restricted to about a dozen tables with people eating lunch?
    I havent asked him about that, i will find out.

While you are at it tell him @ElfsborgAddick wants to put his card behind the bar and set up a tab first home game we are back to treat everyone. what a guy. 

Not sure Elf's Library card will work.
    Nectar points maybe.

I was contemplating Nectar or Library card and opted for the latter!
  • Options
    If @smiffyboy or anyone has a contact the museum would like to speak to the new owner. Might be able to loan some stuff to the pub
    Henry DM me a contact number and I will pass it on now
  • Options
    He also has the Rose and Crown in welling. 

Apparently plans a full refurb and a decent food menu 7 days a week. 
    Rose & Crown is a lovely boozer, done out really nicely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Henry Irving I’ve sent you his number
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:
    @Henry Irving I’ve sent you his number
    Cheers, spoke to him just now.
  • Options
    Sorry if I’ve missed it , is the new owner a Charlton fan ?
  • Options
    Sorry if I’ve missed it , is the new owner a Charlton fan ?
    Yep 
  • Options
    The Guinness in a Coke glass was comical In there before, shame the swan went as that was a good boozer just had a silly layout and a few people in there that thought they were a cut above everyone else. 

Hopefully the new oak is decent 
  • Options
    The Guinness in a Coke glass was comical In there before, shame the swan went as that was a good boozer just had a silly layout and a few people in there that thought they were a cut above everyone else. 

It still doesn't trump having their washing including underwear drying in the bar area :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Great news. Best of luck to them.
  • Options
    Tough time to be opening a pub, and doing a refurb as well. Good luck to them, going to need all the help they can get.
  • Options

Hey @Curb_It you drank in The Swan didn’t you?  😙😙😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got any pictures of the work going on inside? 
  • Options
    Hi guys. Thanks for all the support, we look forward to taking over this iconic Charlton pub and I’m sure we will hopefully not disappoint you in the way things are going to be run. 

Extra service points on match days are being put in place so wait time is minimised and we have also put in a state of the art kitchen to supply takeaway burgers & chicken Wings on match days where we won’t be taking dinner reservations on due to the demand being so high on them days from our home fans! 

This pub is very special to me as I’ve drank in there for years as a Charlton season ticket holder, so it will be a different experience for me being on the other side of the bar on this occasion, I look forward to meeting you all hopefully sometime soon when the pubs are back open and then eventually even more so when the stadium is back open! 🔴🔴
    Good luck to you mate, awful time for the hospitality industry but I look forward to trying a burger and a pint....hopefully not too long to wait.
  • Options
    Yeh best of luck to you mate, please keep the Stella pump.