Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Oak

Comments

• Options
    @KevRoyalOak1

Hi kev,

WhatsApped you today about this programme and others.

Note the ad below the banner 

Love this mate, thank you, I’ll try get this blown up and framed for the pub 👌
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. We will put some photos up in here when the works are at a standard we want them to be at. But I must say the place will be unrecognisable when we’re finished. I’ve also been in touch with the guys from the Charlton museum who are donating lots of memorabilia to go up on our walls! 
    Will you open at 11 on a match day mate...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. We will put some photos up in here when the works are at a standard we want them to be at. But I must say the place will be unrecognisable when we’re finished. I’ve also been in touch with the guys from the Charlton museum who are donating lots of memorabilia to go up on our walls! 
    10*
  • Options
    What’s the plans for the garden area.
  • Options
    Henry would it be possible to show reverse side of programme.
  • Options
    “Beasley’s Sparkling Ales” - that’s not what my dad called them. 
  • Options
    Once everything’s viable again @KevRoyalOak1
    we’ll organise a midweek Charlton Lifers meet up night to give some non-Matchday support.

Good luck 
    If they let me out, I’m there 👍🏼
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stewart said:
    Just to let you know @KevRoyalOak1, @AFKABartram is banned from The Royal Oak. 
    grass
  • Options
    @Acab. Will try and get the full programme

@KevRoyalOak1 Glad you like it, have sent you a few more from down the years.

Beasley's was a Plumstead brewery bought by Courage in 1963 and closed in 1965.
    @KevRoyalOak1
    it might interest you to know, the guy in the pub doorway is a still regular poster on here! 😉
    Morning @Redmidland, if ever the waft of stale pi55 hit your nostrils the karzy isn’t blocked, Red is in the house. 😉
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Just to let you know @KevRoyalOak1, @AFKABartram is banned from The Royal Oak. 
    Might actually be true after my kareoke appearance last year! :-) 
  • Options
    I take it Beasley was on Brewery Road.
  • Options
    I take it Beasley was on Brewery Road.
    Corner of Brewery Road/ Lakedale Road.
  • Options
    Would you consider putting in an Erdinger pump?
  • Options
    When and why did the brewery close? Was it bombed in the war? There’s social housing in the site now and it looks post war.
  • Options
    Good to hear about a good news pub story. Every success to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah but there's always the corner shop for some tinny's.  
  • Options
    iainment said:
    When and why did the brewery close? Was it bombed in the war? There’s social housing in the site now and it looks post war.
    The Beasley brewery was in Plumstead, South London. It was founded in 1845. And bought and closed by Courage in 1963.
    http://barclayperkins.blogspot.com/2010/05/random-brewer-of-week-beasley.html#:~:text=The Beasley brewery was in,brewing records in the archive.
  • Options
    Good to hear the Oak's getting some much-needed TLC - beyond match day pints, I know a few people around that Charlton Lane/Thorntree Road area who'd be very happy to have a good local!
    This is the aim, to be a really welcoming, friendly pub for families and couples etc too midweek with a really nice food offering 7 days a week 🍔 
  • Options
    Yes mate we will be open from 11am every match day. We are also looking into sorting something for showing away games for the fans at the pub. ⚽️ 
    Superb 
    👍👍
  • Options
    Good to hear about a good news pub story. Every success to them.
    Just need to get the Swan sorted and it will be really positive for when we return. Non matchday is obviously a different story, but on a Matchday it would actually be in the Oak’s best interests to have the Swan functioning as well. it’s likely if the Oak is being run properly demand will outstrip supply 
    Sadly I think that's unlikely, the owner wants far too much for the lease, it'll end up being converted to some form of housing.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    What’s the plans for the garden area.
    We will be putting a lot of love back into the garden, nicer benches, umbrellas and furnishings. Fresh paint on the exteriors and generally a lot tidier and better functioning 
    Cheers👍