Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Oak

Comments

• Options
    Last photo is unrecognisable as the corner where the dartboard and ‘book shelves’ used to be. Looks great. 
  • Options
    What a transformation 👍👍
  • Options
    I'm worried that this is going to go from being impossible to get a drink at due to the shit staff and service, to being impossible to get a drink at because every fucker is gonna be there!

Looks great.
    Be hard pushed to get me out to go to the game to be honest 😍😍😍
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    It looks great

• Options
    I'm worried that this is going to go from being impossible to get a drink at due to the shit staff and service, to being impossible to get a drink at because every fucker is gonna be there!

Looks great.

I can't wait for you to have 2 pints and then head home after a game...
    Been locked down for so long you might be able to persuade me to get a 3rd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Looks great.

"As long as you drink fast and we're done before 6.30"
  • Options

Looks great.

"As long as you drink fast and we're done before 6.30"
    I live locally now. Can stay until nearly 8.
  • Options
    I miss our youngsters night outs :-) 
    Your membership of the Yoof clique was rescinded when you didn't come out in Brixton with us!
  • Options
    Will the Royal Oak be a tied brewery house , Pubco leased or a Free House
  • Options
    Looks quality.  
  • Options
    No idea but meeting up with the new owner next week so will ask.
  • Options
    Your membership of the Yoof clique was rescinded when you didn't come out in Brixton with us!
    He got half way there then realised he had left his notes on 'Surrey CC 1989-2019' at home, so turned back.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    He got half way there then realised he had left his notes on 'Surrey CC 1989-2019' at home, so turned back.
    1889? may as well be 1889. Ancient history. I barely remember anything before 2000.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How will Thomas know ?
  • Options
    How will Thomas know ?
    That's a different meeting 😂
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    clive said:
    iainment said:
    When and why did the brewery close? Was it bombed in the war? There’s social housing in the site now and it looks post war.
    The Beasley brewery was in Plumstead, South London. It was founded in 1845. And bought and closed by Courage in 1963.
    http://barclayperkins.blogspot.com/2010/05/random-brewer-of-week-beasley.html#:~:text=The Beasley brewery was in,brewing records in the archive.

I remember well walking past it many times as a kid - on the left as Brewery Road morphed into Lakedale Road. If it closed in 63 then it was likely already closed at the time I remember it - mid 60s then. Memory might be playing tricks on me but I recall a 10ft high brick wall running all along the boundary in Brewery Road as it curved into Lakedale.

All gone now, along with many others, including the Matchless factory in Maxey Road which is another fond memory. Ah the wonders of childhood memories.
    Remember the Matchless Factory in Burrage Place, they would line the new bikes up in the road, and if you were lucky they would let you sit on them, and let you operate the lights horn while they QA them.
    The lovely smell of lubricating oil.
  • Options
    where are the telly’s going?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    clive said:
    iainment said:
    When and why did the brewery close? Was it bombed in the war? There’s social housing in the site now and it looks post war.
    The Beasley brewery was in Plumstead, South London. It was founded in 1845. And bought and closed by Courage in 1963.
    http://barclayperkins.blogspot.com/2010/05/random-brewer-of-week-beasley.html#:~:text=The Beasley brewery was in,brewing records in the archive.

I remember well walking past it many times as a kid - on the left as Brewery Road morphed into Lakedale Road. If it closed in 63 then it was likely already closed at the time I remember it - mid 60s then. Memory might be playing tricks on me but I recall a 10ft high brick wall running all along the boundary in Brewery Road as it curved into Lakedale.

All gone now, along with many others, including the Matchless factory in Maxey Road which is another fond memory. Ah the wonders of childhood memories.
    Remember the Matchless Factory in Burrage Place, they would line the new bikes up in the road, and if you were lucky they would let you sit on them, and let you operate the lights horn while they QA them.
    The lovely smell of lubricating oil.
    What type of lubricating oil 😉
  • Options
    It looks great! 😍
  • Options
    It looks really good. I hope he's successful.
  • Options
    Thas a proper job!
  • Options
    Poor Kev.

Not a good start for The Royal Oak - 'not a clue how it started but people were weighing in from all angles. Then obviously when glasses were thrown people were thrown out. Police showed up not long after'.