Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Day Drinking (bump from 2011)

I'm cooking for 11 christmas day, so no trip to the pub for me, but I will commence boozing approx 11am with a couple of bottles of bud, then it will be straight on to the Isla Negra red whilst cooking and eating dinner. After that has gone down the port will be opened with a nice piece of St Augur with Carrs water biscuits. After approx 2 bottles will probably finish up the a few scotches.

So fellow lifers what is your christmas day drinking schedule ?

Comments

• Options

After presents unwrapped, starts with Amaretto and ice for me, Baileys and ice for my wife.

While cooking going on, probably a bottle or two of Peroni.

Bottle of Montepulciano with dinner ... later on some vintage port.

• Options
    edited December 2011

low key xmas this year with just the mother in law joining us but will sneak up the club up the road for the 12 - 2 session. Back for dinner, a few glasses of wine and probably finish the day with a few more. Boxing day is when all my family come round and thats when christmas gets started properly!

• Options
    Sorry - missed the all important detail - real ale up the club - probably Edmunds or Tribute and then probably red Wolf Blass Cabernet Sauvignon with dinner and thereafter.
  • Options
    Hit the Olde Black Horse for a few like Dan about 12 -2.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll start with sparkling wine with or without orange juice whilst the meal is cooked. Nice bottle of red with main course, sweet white with the pud, followed by brandy, port, Bailey's, etc (not all in the same glass). Hmmm... where to fit the beer in? Oh yes - there's always the evening and Boxing Day.
  • Options

Cider from Lunch time until i am comatosed

• Options

Cider from Lunch time until i am comatosed

This
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I will start with a glass or two of M&S's De Saint Gall Grand Cru Vintage champagne. In my opinion the best around.

I'll have that with my breakfast of Deviled Kidneys, scallops and scrambled egg. Then I'll have a few 1/2's of whatever I have in my Firkin, whilst cooking dinner (Forerib of beef). Had Adnams Broadside last year, get it from The Bitter End in Bromley.

• Options
    I usually like to sample a variety of alcoholic drinks on Christmas Day . Start with a fizz of some sort around breakfast time then crack on with a few bottled lagers about 11ish . Down the juicer for midday and start with my annual pint of guiness swfitly followed by 2/3 Stellas and if time and a bottle of cider . To accompany dinner , a room temperature bottle of red followed by 2/3 large vintage ports . A brief lull then its back on the lager and by evening anything goes really including baileys , campari and choclate liquers . Wallop .
  • Options

Always get down the pub 12 - 2 with my christmas jumper.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey Shag - surprised you will still be walking
  • Options
    Kir Royale with smoked Salmon mid morning.

Bit of champers before the meal, wine with it, port and cheese after.

maybe a beer or two early evening.
  • Options

Smoked salmon & scrambled eggs with bucks fizz's after the presents have been opened, Champagne and wine with christmas dinner, port & beer as and when required.

Burp! 

• Options
    The home brew is due to be ready christmas day, so I'll have 40 pints to drink.
    Hope it's good!
  • Options
    Nice port mid morning, (hopefully bought for Xmas) a couple of beers with lunch, probably Erdinger or Asahi. Glass of asti with dessert. Another port with cheese afterwards. A break till evening then onto some sparkling, a few cherry brandy's then pray the kids fall asleep before i do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bucks fizz mid-morn before departing to the pub for dinner where it will be lager & wine time. Back to her sisters for more lager & wine before enjoying my new found friend-skittle bombs.
  • Options
    Up the pub for opening time for 2-3 hours. Dad lager, brother lager, me lager sometimes cider
  • Options
    The Bull on Shooters Hill from about 12 - 14:30 with family and very good friends. Home for trad lunch with Champagne and then few beers in evening.
  • Options
    None. Dont like drinking indoors. Cant remember the last time I had a drink on Xmas Day.
  • Options
    None. Dont like drinking indoors. Cant remember the last time I had a drink on Xmas Day.

That's the spirit Clem. Bah Humbug ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    none probably, usually sweating like a pregnant nun by then and sick of the sight of the stuff
  • Options
    First drink - Champagne / Prosecco. It's christmas.

Second drink - Guinness. Lay a base. Flatten down the bubbles.

Third to eighth drink - Premium European Lager

Ninth drink and onwards - Single malt

This will inevitably be interrupted as some chump always whacks the Bailey's out at Christmas.
  • Options
    Egg Nog

Who has ever drunk this and if so when was the last time?
  • Options
    Egg Nog

Who has ever drunk this and if so when was the last time?
    Every year for the last 27
  • Options
    I like an egg nog and have an Advocaat over ice all over the festive season. That's not weird is it ?
  • Options
    I like an egg nog and have an Advocaat over ice all over the festive season. That's not weird is it ?

My wife drinks that as well, not keen on it myself
  • Options
    Snowball anyone?
  • Options

Smoked salmon & scrambled eggs with bucks fizz's after the presents have been opened, Champagne and wine with christmas dinner, port & beer as and when required.

Burp! 

Very Sophisticated and

Absolutely perfect !!!!!

This is how i start my Christmas Day but you missed the the cup of tea laced with whiskey or brandy first thing in the morning as you clutch your forehead repeating the immortal words "never again" because you spent Christmas eve getting plastered.
  • Options
    Snowball anyone?
    Create another thread for that sort of shenanigan.....
  • Options
    Snowball anyone?
    Create another thread for that sort of shenanigan.....
    Can you have just one shenanigan?