Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Day Drinking (bump from 2011)

Comments

• Options
    No alcohol for me at all Xmas Day,or Xmas Eve or Boxing Day for that matter.......On duty....BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I thought the clergy liked a tipple ;0)
  • Options
    Bucks Fizz with the early morning fry up.

Round to the local boozer (probably Crown & Anchor in Bromley North) for a bitter or two.

Back home for a few ice cold Peroni's. Then some white wine with dinner.

Few cans of Bombadier whilst playing board games with the folks and watching tv in the arvo.

Fall asleep on sofa.

Wake again around seven, back on the ice cold Peroni's.

Finish with Jamesons.

Repeat on Boxing Day, minus the bucks fizz and local boozer. Visit inlaws for second Christmas dinner.
  • Options

Smoked salmon & scrambled eggs with bucks fizz's after the presents have been opened, Champagne and wine with christmas dinner, port & beer as and when required.

Burp! 

Very Sophisticated and Absolutely perfect !!!!!

This is how i start my Christmas Day but you missed the the cup of tea laced with whiskey or brandy first thing in the morning as you clutch your forehead repeating the immortal words "never again" because you spent Christmas eve getting plastered.

We're the same too: but I have a strict rule never to have a hangover on Christmas Day.

Port with Stilton may be a cliche but it is the nicest way to eat cheese.

As we are mostly seafood an ice cold Sav Blanc is just the thing with our Chrissie dinner.

Sod the wife, kids and grandkids. Your Christmas fare sounds fantastic. What time shall i turn up???
  • Options
    The morning is spent recovering from Christmas Eve. Once that's sorted out and brunch (with home made Scotch whisky marmalade) consumed it's a walk down the lane to the local for a couple of pints of cider (the cloudy sort) then home to help with the dinner : peeling/mixing/etc., keeping up with the washing up and constantly keeping Lady M's sherry/whisky glass topped up, and helped by bottles of cider. Always have a late dinner, well 4.30ish so it's vino all the way 'til the late night brandy. Find I nod off a lot earlier than I used to though!
  • Options

Champagne in the morning with the salmon and scrambled egg, a couple of rosey noseys around mid day, some wine in the afternoon and whatever I can get my hands on in evening. 

• Options

get you skiing recession aint hit you

I had to use my winnings
    Recession hit me all right. So bread and dry water.

Nah! not really, French Crimbo for me.
  • Options
    Oggy, what exactly is dry water ?
  • Options
    Oggy I really hope things turn for you mate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cheers, Steve. Me and a million others in this country.
    And we're only the kids.

;o)

• Options
    Oggy, what exactly is dry water ?
    Of course ....... the expression is really dry bread and water.
    Prisoner rations in the 18th century.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A couple of brandy champagne cocktails at 11.30 or 12 while opening the presents, followed by a glass of white and a few glasses of nice red with lunch. I then usually fall asleep on the sofa for a few hours in front of the fire, which avoids having to talk to the in-laws ( notwithstanding the fact that they are lovely people ). When I wake up, I'll have a pint of water to quench the thirst, a couple of glasses of champagne with smoked salmon and then finish up late evening with a couple of glasses of Baileys.
  • Options
    Isla Negra half price in Tesco's fill your boots
  • Options
    noticed a few home brew experts on here, just sampled last night the first bottle of our damson gin that is planned for the christmas break, feck me, it is really strong!!!, anyone got any ideas how much stronger the sugar being added makes it? i am a bit worried it is going to be a bit too much!!!
    It wont make it any stronger at all as it won't ferment - it's probably because you drink gin with tonic but the damson gin neat, so a G+T might be 15% alcohol but the damson gin 25%-30% or so (depending on your recipe) and probably more intensively flavoured.

Havent tested my sloe gin yet but hoping for the same effect.
  • Options
    Not going to drink too late as I intend to drive a car load to Yeovil on Boxing Day. But for my (veggie) Christmas Dinner intend to have a nice bit of Champagne whilst cooking, best quality Chablis with the meal, and some decent red wine in the afternoon/early evening. Boring probably, but nice.
  • Options
    Coffee with Baileys in it to kick off. Prefer cheapish fizz to champagne, so a glass or two to follow. Becks whilst cooking, Spitfire and red wine at the table, port to finish. Back to ice cold Becks and rum and coke. Lovely.
  • Options
    bout 5 years ago i got totatly wasted on xmas eve, totally ruined xmas day for everyone, therfore have not drunk xmas eve/ xmas day since, might have a glass of cold white wine with dinner but that will be it, will have a few boxing day when at the inlaws staying at there drum for a few days so can take it steady.
  • Options
    Champagne to start with whilst eating smoke salmon and scrambled eggs, a couple of guinesses about midday, maybe finish off the Chamoers as well and then (as the  family are around) at least two bottles of very good red with Christmas dinner followed by a brandy or two. Evening for me is a couple of G&T's whilst playing cards and games (no tele) with the kids. Perfect!
  • Options
    Have a few beers from about 10 onwards, then down the White Cross for 12-2, back home for dinner then on the Jameson.
  • Options

Me, the wife and child, and the mother in law are going round to my parents.

2 beers for me as driving grrr

• Options

Xmas Eve...meet family, friends and neighbours in the Village ( Leybourne )  Pub, just a couple of lager Shandies.

Xmas morning...Nice glass of Harveys Bristol Cream.

Xmas dinner...Must be Blossom Hill White Zinvandel.

Xmas evening...I like to find something new, last year it was Toffee Vodka.

Whatever any of you are drinking, I thank you for your friendship on this site, and wish you all the very best for Xmas and the New year. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    gonna a bit strange for me as I lost my dear old Nan earlier this year, I always spent time with her either xmas or boxing day, but always took the kids round her house on xmas eve and had a couple of glasses of croft original with her. I shall be toasting her this xmas eve, god I miss her.
  • Options

Firstly the same to you Grandpa.

You have my sympathy northstandsteve my dad passed away 25 years ago and I still miss not going for a drink with him on Christmas day

• Options
    Good on you Grandpa.

Youngest son lives in West Malling and is very generously treating us to a full carvery Christmas lunch at the North Pole pub in nearby Wateringbury. If the weathers ok we'll walk there through the woods.
  • Options
    mistrolling.....sounds good to me, hope the weather is good for you.
  • Options
    None. Dont like drinking indoors. Cant remember the last time I had a drink on Xmas Day.

Miserable Git!
  • Options

Xmas Eve...meet family, friends and neighbours in the Village ( Leybourne )  Pub, just a couple of lager Shandies.

Xmas morning...Nice glass of Harveys Bristol Cream.

Xmas dinner...Must be Blossom Hill White Zinvandel.

Xmas evening...I like to find something new, last year it was Toffee Vodka.

Whatever any of you are drinking, I thank you for your friendship on this site, and wish you all the very best for Xmas and the New year. 

you too granpa ..all the very best might be tempted by some of that toffee vodka
  • Options
    Well ????

How did it pan out ?

1 glass of bucks fizz in morning
    1 glass of sparking rose with lunch
    1 Baileys with ice in the evening.
  • Options

evian all the way

• Options
    One glass of baileys in ice at midday whilst presents were opened. If we win I'll have a glenfiddich this evening. Can't drink if we lose I'll get depressed.
  • Options
    1 bud, chateauineuf, then loads of isla negra, port, baileys and ice, cup of tea

Crackin day, kids absolutely loved their
    presents