Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Day Drinking (bump from 2011)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Five pints in The Bull at the top of Shooters Hill before lunch which was assisted with Champagne and a bottle of Becks. Glass of Madeira then back on the Becks early evening intermixed with a very expensive Whisky and a Baileys or two. Going to give booze a miss today. COYR
  • Options

Had a glass of Fosters gold about 12, hit the pink champagne just before christmas dinner and then a couple of glasses of Rioja to follow. Tiger beer in the evening and then nodded off during Live and Let Die! Lovely day.

• Options
    Guinness, a snowball, mulled wine, Hobgoblin, Spitfire, Jaegerbomb (just the one, I have a sensitive stomach).
  • Options
    I had to pace myself on Xmas Day as we were hosting 25 guests at our place.

Finally let off the brakes at about 7pm and hit the Port and Whisky while cranking up the stereo to some classic Elvis.

It was all going great until I woke up at 3am stark bollock naked face down on the patio in the back garden! I still have no idea how I got there or why I was naked, I suspect that I was disrobing for a late night swim but did not quite make it.
  • Options
    As well as the sloe gin, tried some raspberry gin to use up the last empty carafe - half a bottle of gin topped up with frozen raspberries, no added sugar, and left to steep for about a week, shaken violently once a day.

Beautiful scarlet colour, and when served with tonic, a fabulously aromatic festive drink. Niceet than the sloe gin, to be honest, and havent got to pick any berries. Will be trying the same thing with cherries and blackberries.
  • Options
    As well as the sloe gin, tried some raspberry gin to use up the last empty carafe - half a bottle of gin topped up with frozen raspberries, no added sugar, and left to steep for about a week, shaken violently once a day.

Beautiful scarlet colour, and when served with tonic, a fabulously aromatic festive drink. Niceet than the sloe gin, to be honest, and havent got to pick any berries. Will be trying the same thing with cherries and blackberries.
    Sounds nice; I'm impressed that it only takes a week.  I've got so rumtopf thats been on the go for about five years now.
  • Options
    well, 12 months on......

has the recession kicked in ?

anyone changing their xmas day drinking plans, or will it be same old, same old....

what's going to be lounging in your liver this xmas day
  • Options
    Will be in The Forresters, Plumstead from about 12-2 then home to get on the Kopperbergs this year I reckon.
  • Options
    got a nice bottle of chateuaneuf for my birthday in October that I have been saving, but it will be drunk xmas eve this year as I voulunterred for spud peeling for xmas day for 25 of us. Xmas day round cousins for a massive family get together gonna just stay on red wine all day until post surfaces in the evening.
  • Options
    and after last years recommendation from Brunello of Toffee Vodka, I can also add my seal of approval although the missus has vowed never to touch it again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've got a stall knocking that stuff out at Bluewater I noticed on Tuesday. Quality stuff!
  • Options
    Kopperbergs lol
  • Options
    I'm going to hurt you one day.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

After presents unwrapped, starts with Amaretto and ice for me, Baileys and ice for my wife.

While cooking going on, probably a bottle or two of Peroni.

Bottle of Montepulciano with dinner ... later on some vintage port.

Probably still the same
  • Options
    I'll be going to the pub and consuming half a dozen pints of fine ale before taking a nice slow drive home and cracking open the brandy.................
  • Options
    I'll be making a big batch of mulled wine which we will have on christmas eve and then late morning on christmas day. Champagne before christmas lunch, followed by a beautiful Puligny Montrachet and then a Sauternes dessert wine with the pud. Beer, Spirits or soft drinks in the evening according to mood and degree of headache by then!