Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Day Drinking (bump from 2011)

Comments

• Options
    Wine with dinner,half bottle of port then as many cans of Fosters as I can manage.
  • Options
    The home brew is due to be ready christmas day, so I'll have 40 pints to drink. Hope it's good!
    What have you brewed and how long has it been kegged/bottled?
  • Options
    Snowball anyone?
    Not me, but my Nan loves the stuff. Buys out the stock of Charlton Asda every time my Mum & Dad take her shopping.
  • Options
    Last year went to The Crown on Burnt Ash Hill in Lee on Christmas and ended up doing Zambuca shots.....dinner was a blur and I was the one cooking!
  • Options
    What exactly is a Jaigermeister bomb and do I need one ?
  • Options
    I remember my foster mun making egg nog in the bath, I think that's what she was making.

• Options
    What exactly is a Jaigermeister bomb and do I need one ?
    shot of jaiger in redbull ....lovely :)
  • Options
    I've got the sloe gin maturing nicely in the airing cupboard. A trip to the Essex cider shop beforehand, some wine round my parents and an evening snoring in front of the tv awaits
  • Options

Wake up late. No breakfast prob. Go and find a sunbed. Have a few sex on the beaches. Then a few beers for sundowners. Then a big banquet for evening and drink as much dodgy Egyptian wine I can cope with...

Yee bleeding ha. First time in 12 years I've been abroad for Xmas. No one likes a bragger mind. It's not Antigua... then I would be really bragging.
  • Options

Wake up late. No breakfast prob. Go and find a sunbed. Have a few sex on the beaches. Then a few beers for sundowners. Then a big banquet for evening and drink as much dodgy Egyptian wine I can cope with...

Yee bleeding ha. First time in 12 years I've been abroad for Xmas. No one likes a bragger mind. It's not Antigua... then I would be really bragging.
    Christmas in Egypt eh.
    That's boxing day sorted then.

#alldayinthecarsey   ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha. Cast iron constitution me after years in Asia. Can't speak for the other half. Thanks for reminding me to stock up tho.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great thread. Probably try to hang on til midday for first sniff. A couple of lagers - whatever other half's brother has in. Then move onto a glass of Chablis or something refreshing followed by a big red - probably an Amarone or Barolo. Glass of port, then perhaps an Amaretto but then will revert to beer to prevent major hang over Boxing Day.
  • Options

Smoked salmon & scrambled eggs with bucks fizz's after the presents have been opened, Champagne and wine with christmas dinner, port & beer as and when required.

Burp! 

Very Sophisticated and Absolutely perfect !!!!!

This is how i start my Christmas Day but you missed the the cup of tea laced with whiskey or brandy first thing in the morning as you clutch your forehead repeating the immortal words "never again" because you spent Christmas eve getting plastered.

We're the same too: but I have a strict rule never to have a hangover on Christmas Day.

Port with Stilton may be a cliche but it is the nicest way to eat cheese.

As we are mostly seafood an ice cold Sav Blanc is just the thing with our Chrissie dinner.

• Options
    Evian or highland spring for me
    Drinking hurts too much
    And gotta do a bit of driving to and from family
    You lot are proper grown ups !
  • Options
    Alas, work for me Chrstmas day so mainly coffee til I finish at 6 :( Boxing Day is the day for me, Cobra, Russian Standard and Black Tower pink bubbly - in no particular order!
  • Options

Very little a trip to the pub 3 pints at most a glass wine and maybe a tin in the evening.

Mainly 2 reasons

1. Ive had enough

2. I usually leave early the next day for skiing

• Options

get you skiing recession aint hit you

• Options

Coffee

Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant squash (light)

Tea

Bucks Fizz about 11

Carling while I cook

Macon Villages with the grub/during the afternoon

Cheeky snowball (gay)

Bit of champers in the evening

Back on the Robinsons before bed.

Rock n Roll

• Options
    Don't usually drink much on Christmas day (too busy eating) but I'm with Henry on the Kir Royales, love them. Will probably sink a few wheat beers in the evening to wash down the turkey sarnies & suasage rolls.
  • Options

A bottle of Brunello whilst I do all of the cooking

A bottle of Margaux with dinner

Beer and toffee vodka in the evening

• Sponsored links:

• Options

get you skiing recession aint hit you

I had to use my winnings
  • Options

Brunello/Margaux.... can i come over next year?  How many you cooking for?
  • Options

Cooking for 16. Anyone welcome!
  • Options
    Sweet!
  • Options
    I'll be cooking. Will sit down and start on the glenfiddich about 5pm.
  • Options
    Laurent Perrier Rose until it runs out
  • Options

Champers (or cheaper alternative if not feeling flush) with the salmon and scrambled eggs with breakfast, start on the Chablis before and during dinner, few tins in the eveing with the obliglatary ginger wine thrown in at random points (bit gay but family tradition) ........ Then Boxing day which often gets very messy, remember the day we beat Chelsea and had to get carried home from my local and being the only Charlton fan where i live a few apologies to go and make the following day lol

• Options

Cooking for 16. Anyone welcome!
    Where you going to put them in your semi detached home?

• Options
    noticed a few home brew experts on here, just sampled last night the first bottle of our damson gin that is planned for the christmas break, feck me, it is really strong!!!, anyone got any ideas how much stronger the sugar being added makes it? i am a bit worried it is going to be a bit too much!!!
  • Options
    No alcohol for me at all Xmas Day,or Xmas Eve or Boxing Day for that matter.......On duty....BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!