Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CPS authorise Terry to be prosecuted

Comments

• Options
    There is no need for the FA to pre-judge. They can just say something like...."With some difficult times ahead for John, the FA and Mr Capello thought it better for both John and the team that he wasn't selected for our 1/4 Final squad for Euro 2012."

Or as someone said earlier just don't take him because he is actually pretty crap at football these days.

But it is pre-judging him if they choose not to take him because of the court case or the racism allegations, it's just lying about the reason. I think the Football Authorities need to have more integrity than that.

If they were going to make a stand and refuse to play him due to these allegations then they would have to insist that all players that have allegations that are being investigated should be banned.

Not only is this probably going to be questionable in court but what happens when a group of girls claim that they have been raped by ten of the first team of, say May Utd the week before a Cup Final? What happens if these allegations are all withdrawn after the match is lost?

Also I seriously doubt that one could make a case that Terry’s performances for Chelsea have suffered due to the impending action, and that means that one has to find a better player than him in his position. I know he’s not as good as he was a few years ago, but I don’t see many replacements just yet. If England win Euro 2012 without him then fine, but if we fail to do so and he is not taken and he is cleared of all charges it makes a mockery of the FA’s actions.

They needed to have their own enquiry, and have it quickly. Having decided not to do that they are forced to leave him in the side and probably leave him as Captain.
  • Options
    Does no one on here watch anything except Charlton?
  • Options
    We definately shouldn't take him to the euros now . The last thing we need is him captaining the side with that hanging over his head and playing alongside Antons brother . (Plus He's not good enough )
    Anton did not hear any racist remarks. It seems no one on the pitch did. Was it a lip reader in the crowd?

Here is an extract from the Wikki entry for John Terry

'Terry was born in Barking, east London, and attended Eastbury Comprehensive School. Terry played initially for Senrab, a side that featured many future stars of the English game, including current Premier League players Sol Campbell, Jermain Defoe, Bobby Zamora, Ledley King and Jlloyd Samuel.[12] As a boy he initially was part of West Ham United's youth system, joining them as a midfielder in 1991.[13] He moved to Chelsea at 14, playing for the club's youth and reserve teams. It was due to a shortage of central defenders that he was moved to centre-back, the position he plays today.'

Clearly he has been playing in teams containing many black players all his life. At Chelsea he has played with some of world's top black footballers including some of the most intelligent and articulate (Desailly, Gullet, Essien..etc). If he exhibited any sign of genuine racist behaviour in the past I cannot believe there is not at least one former team mate who has not come forward to say so.

If Rio Ferdinand has a problem then he should say so now. I think Terry would be a much bigger loss to the England side than Ferdinand anyway.
  • Options
    I wonder who'd win a 100 metres race between John Terry, Leon Clarke and Grant Basey?

Terry is too slow now to play for England imo
  • Options
    I wonder who'd win a 100 metres race between John Terry, Leon Clarke and Grant Basey?

John Terry because the other two would trip over his ego.
  • Options
    Why can't they just leave him out and not make any comment other than he is not selected. After all they never give reasons for not selecting me!
  • Options

Did you ever see a slower centre back than Jorge Costa.........and look what a truly great player he was Len.
    Sometimes if you really know your way around a footbal pitch (as Keefy Peacock once said), you get to know a few short cuts as you get older.

• Options
    We definately shouldn't take him to the euros now . The last thing we need is him captaining the side with that hanging over his head and playing alongside Antons brother . (Plus He's not good enough )
    Anton did not hear any racist remarks. It seems no one on the pitch did. Was it a lip reader in the crowd?

Here is an extract from the Wikki entry for John Terry

'Terry was born in Barking, east London, and attended Eastbury Comprehensive School. Terry played initially for Senrab, a side that featured many future stars of the English game, including current Premier League players Sol Campbell, Jermain Defoe, Bobby Zamora, Ledley King and Jlloyd Samuel.[12] As a boy he initially was part of West Ham United's youth system, joining them as a midfielder in 1991.[13] He moved to Chelsea at 14, playing for the club's youth and reserve teams. It was due to a shortage of central defenders that he was moved to centre-back, the position he plays today.'

Clearly he has been playing in teams containing many black players all his life. At Chelsea he has played with some of world's top black footballers including some of the most intelligent and articulate (Desailly, Gullet, Essien..etc). If he exhibited any sign of genuine racist behaviour in the past I cannot believe there is not at least one former team mate who has not come forward to say so.

If Rio Ferdinand has a problem then he should say so now. I think Terry would be a much bigger loss to the England side than Ferdinand anyway.
    But there have been prior (unproven) allegations though haven't there ?
  • Options
    Simple fact is Terry has been very poor this season, and was poor last year too. Also, even when playing superbly for Chelsea, he's never really done it for England. There's been the odd flash, but he's never been as dominant for England as he was for Chelsea, even when playing national sides we'd consider far weaker than the premiership opponents he used to be able to dominate.

He's in the side because he plays for Chelsea, because he's captain and because he used to be good. Chelsea's defensive record over the last few years will show that he simply isn't good enough any more.
  • Options
    Simple fact is Terry has been very poor this season, and was poor last year too. Also, even when playing superbly for Chelsea, he's never really done it for England. There's been the odd flash, but he's never been as dominant for England as he was for Chelsea, even when playing national sides we'd consider far weaker than the premiership opponents he used to be able to dominate

He's in the side because he plays for Chelsea, because he's captain and because he used to be good. Chelsea's defensive record over the last few years will show that he simply isn't good enough any more.
    Disagree.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simple fact is Terry has been very poor this season, and was poor last year too. Also, even when playing superbly for Chelsea, he's never really done it for England. There's been the odd flash, but he's never been as dominant for England as he was for Chelsea, even when playing national sides we'd consider far weaker than the premiership opponents he used to be able to dominate.

THIS. Sooooooo this.

• Options
    I know of a story (from my potential father-in-law) about Terry and a racist slur when he was asked to take his shoes off at Gatwick security in the aftermath of the Richard Reid shoe-bombing incident. Not sure if I can share it on here given comments made by mods in the past. Suffice to say, it's a true story.

Anyway, I am 100% convinced the man is rotten egg and regardless of his quality being high or low, I do not wish to get behind England when he is in the team.
  • Options
    I know of a story (from my potential father-in-law) about Terry and a racist slur when he was asked to take his shoes off at Gatwick security in the aftermath of the Richard Reid shoe-bombing incident. Not sure if I can share it on here given comments made by mods in the past. Suffice to say, it's a true story.

Anyway, I am 100% convinced the man is rotten egg and regardless of his quality being high or low, I do not wish to get behind England when he is in the team.
    Oh blimey!!!

• Options
    Would hate to see that scum bag revelling in glory and hoisting the European Champions Cup aloft. Have no time for the National team.
    Capello has to grow a set and leave him out.
  • Options
    Interesting to see that his brief yesterday stated that Terry had never ever used derogatory racist language towards another professional footballer.

Perhaps the prosecution would like to call Ledley King, Didier Zokora and Pascal Chimbonda to the witness stand re: what Terry is alleged to have said to Ledley on 05/11/2006 when Spurs beat Chelsea at WHL as he walked off the pitch after being sent off in the 2nd half after an altercation with Chimbonda. I'm sure Ledley would love to tell the prosecution what he was called by the now England captain.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Would hate to see that scum bag revelling in glory and hoisting the European Champions Cup aloft. .
    I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that prospect !
    Interesting to see that his brief yesterday stated that Terry had never ever used derogatory racist language towards another professional footballer.

Perhaps the prosecution would like to call Ledley King, Didier Zokora and Pascal Chimbonda to the witness stand re: what Terry is alleged to have said to Ledley on 05/11/2006 when Spurs beat Chelsea at WHL as he walked off the pitch after being sent off in the 2nd half after an altercation with Chimbonda. I'm sure Ledley would love to tell the prosecution what he was called by the now England captain.
    That was the (unproven) story I was refering to earlier, I knew this had reared it's head in the past but couldn't remember which club/players were involved.
  • Options
    FA strip Terry of England captaincy. SSN now.
  • Options
    That was the one and only time I have ever seen Ledley lose his temper. And he lost it so badly. All the black players within earshot went mental.

The big mystery is how he gets away with it. Why didn't Ledley take it further? Out of some old school loyalty? How could that many people possibly be so loyal or scared of the guy?
  • Options
    Be interesting to hear the FA's reasoning behind this, if the captaincy has been stripped from him because of this incident with Anton Ferdinand surely it is still an ongoing legal case. Do they have the right to do it if he hasn't been found guilty yet?

And before anyone thinks I'm sticking up for Mr Terry, I'm not, I think he is a disgraceful human being. Personally I don't think he should ever have been made captain both on footballing and personal grounds, how he ever got it back after being stripped of it the first time is still a mystery to me.
  • Options
    temporary captain until after the Euro's I suspect and then new manager can name his own.

my money's on Gerrard
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We don't need a full time captain or some sort of figurehead. All it does is guarantee someone a place in the side, which is ridiculous. Just pick it on a game by game basis.
  • Options
    If he's been stripped of the captaincy but still in the squad doesn't that just make things worse ? Sureley they either back him or say he isn't available for selection until after the court case.
  • Options
    If he's been stripped of the captaincy but still in the squad doesn't that just make things worse ? Sureley they either back him or say he isn't available for selection until after the court case.
    I got the impression reading between the lines that the FA are hoping that this, along with pressure from the PFA, may convince Terry to remove himself from selection voluntarily while the case is ongoing. I agree that by just not being captain but still being in the dressing room is a farce and isn't really going to help the atmosphere one bit.
  • Options
    That was the one and only time I have ever seen Ledley lose his temper. And he lost it so badly. All the black players within earshot went mental.

The big mystery is how he gets away with it. Why didn't Ledley take it further? ...
    Maybe scared that he'd lose the chance to play for England (again?) if he'd upset the proverbial applecart.
  • Options
    bit of a campaign for Scott Parker to be made next captain on twitter

I know plenty on here can't forgive and forget but I'd much rather see him as England captain than Gerrard
  • Options
    10-1 on Parker being named as the nex skipper...
  • Options
    Parker isn't a bad shout, I've said it before but I think Gerrard is finished and I would be surprised if he makes the Euros let alone be made captain. There aren't too many in there that would be considered. Hart is a possibility
  • Options
    Sadly I think Barry is quite possible.
  • Options
    If I were Terry I would feel that the FA had pre judged and jeopardised the impartiality of others. I would then retire from international football, a week after the Euro squad was chosen.

Whilst I don't think JT is good enough to play for England, i am sure he is 1st on capello's team sheet,however look how he disrupted the squad when he was at the last world cup
  • Options
    Parker for me, not that it matters