Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CPS authorise Terry to be prosecuted

Comments

• Options
    Ashley cole will be captain.

Would love for it to be Parker and bent to be top scorer army euros. Would be a two fingers up as both were better players when with us and 5/6 years umyounger.
    Not taking anything away from Parkersburg current form but just my opinion.
  • Options
    If this were to happen at work the person would be suspended on full-pay till the outcome of the trail, why is Terry not suspended?
  • Options
    Can't stand Terry as a person or a footballer, the sooner he ends up playing in the lower leagues the better, vastly past his best as a footballer.
  • Options
    Can see it being Gerard sadly but 100% think it should be Parker on current form for club and country.

Personally, I dont even think Terry should be available for selection until after his court case. The FA have done the right thing stripping him of the armband but they should have gone one step further by not allowing his selection.

Does beg the question who should be the centre back pairing for England. Terry hasnt been playing nowhere near good enough. Ferdinand has been injured and has no form. Who's left? Cahill - not been impressed wtih him tbh. Certainly didnt look the part of an international defender in the first 6 months of the season at Bolton. Dawson - hasnt played enough games and isnt likely to given the form of King and Kaboul. Jagielka? Jones - started the season well but looks like he's lost his confidence... not much left to choose from really, is there? Despite only having one knee, the CB playing anywhere near good enough has been Ledley King. Would Capello pick him? Probably not after what happened at the last WC.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Parker should get it all day long. dont particularly like the little shit, especially now he plays for tottenham, but his style of play is English through and through and will hopefully get that extra percent out of his teammates.
  • Options
    That was the one and only time I have ever seen Ledley lose his temper. And he lost it so badly. All the black players within earshot went mental.

The big mystery is how he gets away with it. Why didn't Ledley take it further? ...
    Maybe scared that he'd lose the chance to play for England (again?) if he'd upset the proverbial applecart.
    Or be sent bullets in the post.

• Options
    It all still very strange , Ferdinhand never got the arsehole untill after the game. Although Terrys Brief would say that he has a very strong case ----he seems to.They have let slip NO QPR player herd anything and they have lip readers who say he didnt say "black"anything.
    If he is guilty and theFA ban him for 8 games will the CPS take out a case against Sueze (sic) of Liverpool re his rant 3 times at Ebra ? if not why not. Or is one more "racist" than the other?

As for captain of England im glad the FA have taken it away from him.
  • Options
    As I said in an earlier post, the CPS will have evidence which none of us have seen. They must feel they have a 'realistic prospect of conviction' (their test) to charge Terry. I'm sure we are all keen on reading what that evidence is.

As for Suarez, it may be that there was no police investigation or that the CPS were not involved or (if they were) that the lawyer felt that the test hadn't been met.

Like others I find it odd that he Terry stripped of the captaincy but still allowed to be selected. As for expecting Terry to do the decent thing - well that will be a first!!!
  • Options
    As I said in an earlier post, the CPS will have evidence which none of us have seen. They must feel they have a 'realistic prospect of conviction' (their test) to charge Terry. I'm sure we are all keen on reading what that evidence is.

As for Suarez, it may be that there was no police investigation or that the CPS were not involved or (if they were) that the lawyer felt that the test hadn't been met.

Like others I find it odd that he Terry stripped of the captaincy but still allowed to be selected. As for expecting Terry to do the decent thing - well that will be a first!!!
    There are reports now that Terry is considering announcing his international retirement. Cant come soon enough if true.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sorry for this rather unusually long post from me....I hope you find it interesting if nothing else.

Like him or dislike him I'm getting a distinct impression that there are quite a number of posters on here who.

A. Desperately want him to be found guilty.
    B. Are convinced he is guilty and have pre judged the verdict.
    C. Whether guilty or not, they want him permanently out of the England set up.

I honestly don't know if he's guilty or not....the courts will decide, not folk on the internet. There's an open day on him at present with rumours and story telling wherever you look, I've seen one poster on here inparticular who spread a story about him re something or other at airport security.......something he got from his future father-in-law who in turn knows someone who heard the story and is saying categoricaly that it's a fact......Jeeezuz wept. I once danced with a woman who danced with a man who danced with The Princess of Wales!
    He's certainly unpopular with quite a few, I can't argue with that...........I honestly don't have an opinion about him one way or the other.....but can I just say that you don't become the captian of a huge club like Chelsea (hurts me to say that, but it's true unfortunately) and your country if you are as big an arsehole as many on here seem to want to portray him.
    I wish I knew the fella personaly and could speak with conviction about him but I don't know him, that's a fact and I'm not going to be persuaded or influenced one way or the other about him by media, social network gossip and unfounded stories that cannot be substanciated.
    Maybe if some of you knew him you may just think differently about him.....who knows or maybe you'd have your opinions confirmed but there's clearly a witch hunt going on that's for sure, which I don't think is 'all together fair'........ leastways at this point in time.
    May I finish by saying that he's clearly not the player he was a season or two ago but he's still a fine player and I think still worthy (on playing ability that is) of being in the England set up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just as well people get convicted by courts, not internet forums eh SoundAs
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Just as well people get convicted by courts, not internet forums eh SoundAs
    Well yes Stu.......I honestly don't know what the verdict will be.
    I want him to be found not guilty as I would any person who isn't guilty......not because I like or dislike someone. And of course , conversely guilty, if indeed that's the case.
  • Options
    Like him or dislike him I'm getting a distinct impression that there are quite a number of posters on here who.

A.Desperately want him to be found guilty.
    B.Are convinced he is guilty and have pre judged the verdict.
    C.Whether guilty or not, they want him permanently out of the England set up.

A. - So? That is their and MY opinion.
    B. - So? It's not illegal for someone to pre-judge in their own mind.
    C. - So? Right and all. Guilty or not he is no longer an international class player, if indeed he ever was.

So what on earth are you on about?

• Options
    Whats worse him saying what he said (if he did)or doing his mates wife ? his a lump of shit anyway -------90% think that regardless of what he may or may not have called Ferdinhand.

If his "advisors" had any bollox about em they would have told him to step down and say it was in ENGLAND`s best interest.
  • Options
    if he or anyone else had any bollox
  • Options
    Hope I am never in the dock with Chirpy on the jury.
  • Options
    I'm not going to be persuaded or influenced one way or the other about him by media, social network gossip and unfounded stories that cannot be substanciated.
    That's very admirable. I suspect a touch hypocritical (hard to believe you go through life offering everybody this same level of decency).

Personally, I think there's way too much smoke for there to be no fire. And there are more than half a dozen stories about Terry out there that have not been denied by him, or he's confirmed to have done. In fact, apart from my own story, I am pretty sure that the rest have been substantiated...

1. Photographed parking his Bentley in a disabled bay
    2. Went to court charged with affray
    3. Two girls went public accusing him of having an affair with them in a car park (Terry has not denied the claim nor sued the Mirror for running the story on front page)
    4. Fined by Chelsea for (in my words) upsetting Americans on 9/11
    5. Accused by NOTW of taking money in exchange for tours of Stamford Bridge
    6. Was caught on CCTV urinating into a pint glass and ejected from a club
    7. Accused of having an affair with Mrs Bridge

The res - parents being thieves or drug dealers, at least two suspected race-related incidents - are not on the list. This might all be small fry. But I would not expect ANYONE to do at least 1, 2 or 3 of these things and still be classed the captain of England. And I don't need to know him personally to know that. Hell, I just have to see his eyes. Those horrible, horrible eyes!
  • Options
    Whether he said it or not he clearly thinks he's above any form of reproach in the way he carries himself.
  • Options
    Should be Parker if he starts. Gerrard hasn't played for England for a while, Rooney does not lead by example looses his temper, hart? Not a goal keeper thankyou...
    Lampard would probably be considered to be honest. Not too much of a bad shout but only by default.
  • Options
    I get called a ginger c""t all the time does that mean I should be pressing charges on a lot of people? No I just man up.

I think they should both shake hands and move on. Terry stop being a twat, anton man up your a rich pro footballer words shouldn't offend so easily FFs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently Rio woke up this morning with a bad taste in his mouth about all this according to his twitter account. Well Rio are you sure that bad taste is not the performance enhancing drugs you are still taking? On Sunday perhaps all the Chelsea players should think may be they should refuse to shake the hand of a convicted drug cheat!
  • Options
    Red in SE8 - you might want to edit that before you get the guys sued.
  • Options
    anton man up your a rich pro footballer words shouldn't offend so easily FFs.
    If he was a poor and not a footballer is he allowed to be offended ......
    I don't think dough or job description comes into it, if you're offended you're offended surely
  • Options
    Apparently Rio woke up this morning with a bad taste in his mouth about all this according to his twitter account. Well Rio are you sure that bad taste is not the performance enhancing drugs you are still taking? On Sunday perhaps all the Chelsea players should think may be they should refuse to shake the hand of a convicted drug cheat!
    What were the performance enhancing drugs he was convicted of taking?
  • Options
    What were the performance enhancing drugs he was convicted of taking?
    I heard he was smoking the leafs of the forget me not plant.
  • Options
    He should sue the manufacturers as they clearly didn't work!
  • Options
    He missed a drugs test and was suspended for that reason, unless you know differently...

• Options
    He was charged with wilfully avoiding a drug test.

My point is that I find it a bit hard to stomach his self righteous musings on twitter about something his brother did not hear when he himself has been found guilty of cheating the FA drugs testing policies.
  • Options
    Red. I think you are being a little harsh on Rio. When you have to go shopping for curtains it is very easy to forget you have just been told that you have to take a drugs test and instead slip out of the building by a side entrance. 8 months ban and £50,000 fine make them a VERY expensive pair of curtains
  • Options
    My point is that I find it a bit hard to stomach his self righteous musings on twitter about something his brother did not hear when he himself has been found guilty of cheating the FA drugs testing policies.
    Fair enough, but that was however many years ago. You can't prove the other bit, so it'd be wise to edit it out.