Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CPS authorise Terry to be prosecuted

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Red. I think you are being a little harsh on Rio. When you have to go shopping for curtains it is very easy to forget you have just been told that you have to take a drugs test and instead slip out of the building by a side entrance. 8 months ban and £50,000 fine make them a VERY expensive pair of curtains
    Beef?
  • Options
    I get called a ginger c""t all the time does that mean I should be pressing charges on a lot of people? No I just man up.

I think they should both shake hands and move on. Terry stop being a twat, anton man up your a rich pro footballer words shouldn't offend so easily FFs.
    Are rich people not allowed to be human then?

• Options
    I get called a ginger c""t all the time does that mean I should be pressing charges on a lot of people? No I just man up.

and let people call you a ginger c**t?
  • Options
    lets hope the judge dons the black kerchief when sending him down and saying you will be hung until yooz is dead.
  • Options
    What an amazing thread, where half stories have been developed into some sort of fact, events have been extrapolated to be fact, ex girlfriends become wives and I actually agree with a posting by goonerhater. A mad mad world or maybe just thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I think they should both shake hands and move on. Terry stop being a twat, anton man up your a rich pro footballer words shouldn't offend so easily FFs.
    I don't think Anton should just move on I think what he has had done to him is disgusting if true.

But I also often think that it is so wrong for people to be allowed to slate somebody for being ginger. (I'm not ginger by the way)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    What an amazing thread, where half stories have been developed into some sort of fact, events have been extrapolated to be fact, ex girlfriends become wives and I actually agree with a posting by goonerhater. A mad mad world or maybe just thread.
    Kap.........I heartily agree.

• Options
    As I said in an earlier post, the CPS will have evidence which none of us have seen. They must feel they have a 'realistic prospect of conviction' (their test) to charge Terry. I'm sure we are all keen on reading what that evidence is.

As for Suarez, it may be that there was no police investigation or that the CPS were not involved or (if they were) that the lawyer felt that the test hadn't been met.

Like others I find it odd that he Terry stripped of the captaincy but still allowed to be selected. As for expecting Terry to do the decent thing - well that will be a first!!!
    The sanest post in this entire thread.

The court will decide if he is guilty, of course. That's as it should be under English jurisprudence. But the CPS has evidence the general public has not seen and which is substantial enough to make them believe they have every prospect of gaining a conviction. They did not bring the charges as part of a ''witch-hunt'' . They are not 'Terry-haters''. They have no view on whether he is over the hill as a footballer and whether England's 2012 camapign will go better without him. They took an objective assessment and concluded that there is every prospect of a jury finding him guilty. That possibility alone is enough for his captaincy of England to put in abeyance until such time as his innocence and probity can be established, just as it was enough to require Chris Huhne to resign.
  • Options
    As I said in an earlier post, the CPS will have evidence which none of us have seen. They must feel they have a 'realistic prospect of conviction' (their test) to charge Terry. I'm sure we are all keen on reading what that evidence is.

As for Suarez, it may be that there was no police investigation or that the CPS were not involved or (if they were) that the lawyer felt that the test hadn't been met.

Like others I find it odd that he Terry stripped of the captaincy but still allowed to be selected. As for expecting Terry to do the decent thing - well that will be a first!!!
    The sanest post in this entire thread.

The court will decide if he is guilty, of course. That's as it should be under English jurisprudence. But the CPS has evidence the general public has not seen and which is substantial enough to make them believe they have every prospect of gaining a conviction. They did not bring the charges as part of a ''witch-hunt'' . They are not 'Terry-haters''. They have no view on whether he is over the hill as a footballer and whether England's 2012 camapign will go better without him. They took an objective assessment and concluded that there is every prospect of a jury finding him guilty. That possibility alone is enough for his captaincy of England to put in abeyance until such time as his innocence and probity can be established, just as it was enough to require Chris Huhne to resign.
    The second sanest post on this thread.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    The bloke said it ... Get him out the England set up ... End of ... Send him to court fine him...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I did jury service a bloke was taken to Court on no evidence, just someone's accusation. His life had been ruined for 18 months. The Judge threw the case out but I reckon the jury would have done so anyway.

I think you overstate the case by equating the decision of the CPS with guilt. That's what trials are for.
  • Options
    Indeed Bryan, the CPS are not infallable. I also, when on jury service, had a case thrown out by a judge due to lack of evidence. He actually went mental at the CPS barrister and made him apologise to us and the defendant.
    Anyone who has experienced our "wonderful" legal system would know just how mauch time and money is wasted.
  • Options
    N

and let people call you a ginger c**t?
    Erm no I just stick up for myself. Are you suggesting I go to the authorities to file a complaint then?