Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rhoys Wiggins - No Such Thing As Bad Publicity

124»

Comments

• Options
    Wiggo had better not go anywhere, as I got him for Christmas  - his away shirt sponsorship that is - and I fully expect to have dinner with him in May!!
  • Options
    Wiggo had better not go anywhere, as I got him for Christmas  - his away shirt sponsorship that is - and I fully expect to have dinner with him in May!!

He's definitely off now then. Well done Weegie ;0)
  • Options

He's definitely off now then. Well done Weegie ;0)
    Blame Mr Weegie - not me!!!
  • Options
    The thing about this rumour is it's based around the old Spurs. In fact, let's not even call it a rumour, that gives it too much credit. The old, mid-table, looked like they had a good team then ended up failing again Spurs used to sign every player from around them regardless of squad size/need. Even then they would only sign the real top talent from the Championship rather than going any further down, like Dawson and Reid. But now Spurs are actually pushing to win the league. One of their January signings last year was Dutch international Rafael van der Vaart from Real Madrid. They also robbed Steven Pienaar off Premiership Everton on high wages and he doesn't even make the bench most games. Do people really think Spurs can even see Charlton anymore? If they really needed a left back they'd sign Leighton Baines or any other whole host of proven Premiership players, followed by a highly rated foreign left back.

Is the One Aim to panic?

Very good post and my thoughts exactly.
    Lets hope Wenger does not decide on another panic buy(with Jenkinson) and go for Wiggins!!!
  • Options
    How do the club prove that you his shirt rather than a replica?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The board's aim is The Premiership. I can't see them selling anyone that would weaken the team, unless there is a very good reason.

Reasons such as an offer to good to turn down, when you have an equal replacement lined up at a lesser fee. Alternatively, a player wants to leave for personal reasons.

• Options
    He isn't going anywhere. No one will pay the necessary to prise him away at present and, in cold business terms, we'd get much more for him when he's doing the business in the Championship. Very rarely do players successfully jump up two divisions.

• Options

Sweat test , of course, silly boy !
  • Options

I suspect Evina was originally brought to take the lead left back role because Bournemouth initially played hard ball regarding Wiggins . Once we got  Wiggy , Cedric would have been seen differently.

I think the only reason Wiggy is with us playing at such a low level is because he missed nearly two years football when he was in the Palace Academy through injury.He clearly is technically much better than League One .

Personally I do not see him joining Spurs for similar reasons as stated above , Spurs would buy someone proven at a higher level if they go for a left back

• Options

Sweat test , of course, silly boy !
    good way to support the club getting a return back as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I suspect Evina was originally brought to take the lead left back role because Bournemouth initially played hard ball regarding Wiggins . Once we got  Wiggy , Cedric would have been seen differently.

I think the only reason Wiggy is with us playing at such a low level is because he missed nearly two years football when he was in the Palace Academy through injury.He clearly is technically much better than League One .

Personally I do not see him joining Spurs for similar reasons as stated above , Spurs would buy someone proven at a higher level if they go for a left back

Although it could be said he lost two years football by being with 'them' in the first place!
  • Options
    Spurs rumour seems unlikely to me, but with Evina waiting in the wings and Youga potentially available as a free transfer to add cover, were a £2m offer to come in I'm sure it would be plenty enough to get them thinking. The business plan is to buy upcoming talent cheap or develop youngsters and sell for a profit later. It'd be short sighted to do anything that may seriously jeapodise promotion but the club is still losing £££ and a chance to get an early return on some of the investment would at least be tempting to the board, especially as Wiggins is probably not as difficult to replace as some in the the squad. All hypothetical of course.
    Think this is about right.  It would be a great chance to get a bit of balance in the books in a position where we're well covered.
    I do not think selling your best players after 6 months is such a good idea, you need continuity.  We have a settled side and look at the results.  So lets not look to sell, just wait for the inevitable when people come sniffing and reasess then
    Obviously not a fans decision.  If it were down to supporters we'd have squads of 100s of players and never let anyone good, go.  But it's not our cash that's paying their wages.
    A bit of our cash is, but only a bit. Once we go up next season I imagine almost all of our players will be very happy to be playing championship football.  
    It's not really.  We've chipped in a bit towards running costs, but that's it.  Think about it this way - you buy a house for 250k and let a mate who works nearby stay round there if he helps with the bills.  Six months later, out of the blue someone offers you 2 million for the house.  You can get yourself a nice place in another area and can set yourself up for life but it doesn't suit your friend to leave the area.  I wonder if most people would be putting a high priority on their friend's inconvenience.
  • Options
    Spurs rumour seems unlikely to me, but with Evina waiting in the wings and Youga potentially available as a free transfer to add cover, were a £2m offer to come in I'm sure it would be plenty enough to get them thinking. The business plan is to buy upcoming talent cheap or develop youngsters and sell for a profit later. It'd be short sighted to do anything that may seriously jeapodise promotion but the club is still losing £££ and a chance to get an early return on some of the investment would at least be tempting to the board, especially as Wiggins is probably not as difficult to replace as some in the the squad. All hypothetical of course.
    Think this is about right.  It would be a great chance to get a bit of balance in the books in a position where we're well covered.
    I do not think selling your best players after 6 months is such a good idea, you need continuity.  We have a settled side and look at the results.  So lets not look to sell, just wait for the inevitable when people come sniffing and reasess then
    Obviously not a fans decision.  If it were down to supporters we'd have squads of 100s of players and never let anyone good, go.  But it's not our cash that's paying their wages.
    A bit of our cash is, but only a bit. Once we go up next season I imagine almost all of our players will be very happy to be playing championship football.  
    It's not really.  We've chipped in a bit towards running costs, but that's it.  Think about it this way - you buy a house for 250k and let a mate who works nearby stay round there if he helps with the bills.  Six months later, out of the blue someone offers you 2 million for the house.  You can get yourself a nice place in another area and can set yourself up for life but it doesn't suit your friend to leave the area.  I wonder if most people would be putting a high priority on their friend's inconvenience.
    Every little helps though.
  • Options
    Karl Robinson has just piped up that MK Fraud have the best left back in league in Dean Lewington....anyone go to the away game up North and have opinion on this 

He obviously bigging his player up, but just wanted to see anyone's thoughts??
  • Options
    Lewington is a solid left back that could probably do a job in the Championship but nothing more.
  • Options
    Lewington is a solid left back that could probably do a job in the Championship but nothing more.
    Better than Wiggins?
  • Options
    No way, Wiggins is twice as quick as Lewington, and is technically far better!That Robinson is a typical deluded scouser!
  • Options
    Better than Wiggins?
    Lewington is a big lad for a fullback more suited to CB with his size, ok up to Championship level but does not have the skill or crossing ability at pace as Wiggins IMO.
  • Options
    Nah, not better than Wiggins.
  • Options
    It was lewingtons pass that gave the ball away in midfield, for green to collect and put across in for kermorgant to score, wiggins is a much better defender all day long
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know if it's been mentioned already but Wiggins turned down an offer from Watford to join us so it's not like there wasn't anything higher up for him. 
  • Options
    Wiggins is pure class. Seeing him bomb forward last night even later on in the game was quality. I can't see us seeing a better left back in the league this year
  • Options
    He is a watford fan
  • Options
    Is he? He turned down Watford to come here.