Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leyton Orient v. Charlton | New Years' Eve 2011 | Match Preview, Predictions, Views and News

WSSWSS
edited December 2011 in General Charlton
Football games cannot be won in more exciting circumstances than an injury time winner away from home – especially having been behind twice during the game. Combined with a brace of late strikes from our friends in Poland, time will only tell how important that swing will be come May. Like anything though, Boxing Day’s result against Yeovil will mean little unless it is followed up with a positive result in the East London derby against Leyton Orient on the last day of the year.

Saturday’s opponents Leyton Orient are on an ok run of form in the last six games with a 2-2-2 record. Indeed, in the last eight games Orient have only lost two league games, to fellow promotion hopefuls, Sheffield Wednesday and MK Dons. The O’s on average only score a single goal in their home games, whilst conceding 1.5, yet with the young Kevin Lisbie in attack there is a real threat from a goalscorer proven at this level.

Chris Powell has elected to stick with the same team in recent games, yet as a result of Danny Green’s culmination of niggly bookings, his hand will be forced to change the lineup at Brisbane Road. Scott Wagstaff looks the most likely of replacements having missed out on the trip to Somerset due to injury, however with captain Johnnie Jackson back in full training, we could see loanee Ephraim swap to the right with Jackson reverting to type. This would seem the only decision Powell has to make.

That being said, with a home game against Brentford a mere two days after the short trip East I am sure the fitness levels of strikers Wright-Phillips and Yann Kermongant will be monitored closely to ensure no long term injuries could loom.

Another away win would top off a fantastic Christmas and New Year combo and there is no reason it can’t be achieved. BWP to find his shooting boots and lead the Addicks to a 2-1 win.

Come on you reds!

Other 'Top 6' Games
Huddersfield v Carlisle (Friday)
Preston v Sheffield Wed
Sheffield Utd v Hartlepool
Brentford v MK Dons
Wycombe v Stevenage

Comments

• 0-2 to the south londoners, bwp kermorgant

• Yeovil late win will have put our team on a high ... Orient will not relish playing us after the Franchise defeat.

2 nil away win, Bradley brace to silence all the doubterrs.

• gonna be a tricky game missing jackson and green, waggy needs to step up to the plate and fight for his position again. 1-1 late equaliser for them.
  • The last time Green was suspended Waggy came in, played a blinder, scored a great goal and Green didn't get a look in for a month. If fit I'd start Waggy on the right and put JJ on the bench with a view to giving him a run-out in the second half and maybe a start against Brentford.
  • 2-1 to the mighty addicks, I think Kerm will score again, he's full of it at the mo - what a great free transfer, love his Ferdinand-esk (Les) leaps for the flick ons!
  • 1-2 BWP and Hollands, BWP to play an hour, and keep fresh for Monday.
  • Tough games for Wednesday and Franchise, if we can get through Orient unscathed we might be able to pull away further.
  • Think this will be a bit of a tough one to be honest. Not sure if they have cox back. I can see maybe a archbishop Desmond 2-2. Or possibly us having a yeovil repeat. 3-2. Kermy, Bwp, Hollands.
  • We will fall behind in first half and pummell them in second half but only get an equaliser. 1 - 1
  • Its on Sky. They have Lisbie. 0-2 defeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hard fought but fully deserved away win number 10, BWP to get back on the goal trail just in time for a crucial run of games.
  • the Orient left back on loan from Millwall has been recalled so get your scoring boots on Waggy its 3-0 (waggy double,solly)
  • Can't help bur feel that Waggy is going to be key to this; if he rises to the occassion then we could have a comfortable win but if he fluffs the opportunity (assuming he is fit and gets the nod) then feel it could be a tight one,
  • Another tough game, especially as they have Mooney and Lisbie who will both be out to prove a point.

• Another tough game, especially as they have Mooney and Lisbie who will both be out to prove a point.

and spring or has he gone?

• 2-0 Charlton, Waggy with the first and then Jackson coming off the bench to slot home a pen. 
  • omozusi too? 
  • tough game this one

be 1 goal in it either way

i wont predict this one

• 4-1 win, kermit brace, hollands and waggy
  • omozusi too? 
    isn't he spending Christmas inside?
  • Sponsored links:

and spring or has he gone?

He's still there...
  • omozusi too? 
    isn't he spending Christmas inside?
    Oh yeah, maybe his not there then.. 
  • Lisbie and Mooney were both ill treated at The Valley so will be determined to stick it up us.

A point will be good 3 would be wonderful but probably too much to wish for...
  • 4-3 to Charlton

Just because Orient have 3 ex Charlton players. So Lisbie, Mooney and Spring shall all score but BWP will get a hat-rick with Waggy scoring after coming back in for the suspended Green. 
  • edited December 2011
    Waggy and Solly to rampage down the right, Solly sets up a Waggy goal and vice versa, BWP ends his goal famine. Big Yann gets another. And our talismanic captain comes off the bench to stroke the pen.that makes it  5-0.

Very welcome victory as all the other teams in the top five win and  we can't afford to take our foot off the gas as we've got Wedders, Blades and Dons all in the space of four weeks over Jan/Feb.
  • LOs 1-3 CAFC

Lisbie for them.
    BWP, Solly and Waggy for us.

Solly is the only consistent starter not to have scored for us this season (apart from Hughes and Hamer). That shall end soon.
  • Had throught this would be a tricky game but saw Orient play Bromley in the FA Cup and they were pony...not surehow many of their first teamers were rested that day but if we are playing that team then we should have plenty to get past them.  A win would be an excellent wrap to 2011 and I can see a number of dropped points from our rivals:

Huddersfield v Carlisle (Friday)      Udders to have just about enough here.
    Preston v Sheffield Wed               Can see a draw and more dropped points for wendies
    Sheffield Utd v Hartlepool              Hartlepool new manager affect - can see a draw
    Brentford v MK Dons                    Brentford good at home - poss defeat for the Franchise
    Wycombe v Stevenage                 Stevenage should have enough but are so far behind who cares!

• Team could be altered due to bookings? http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2560044,00.html
    Maybe, maybe not. If Hollands/Russell or Wiggins get booked there are people to step in for Brentford - and they will get a rest!
  • Physic RM here....and at a decent hour of the day as well!! After my last prediction of a 0-2 win to the addicks I have to say that whilst my balls are getting reuslts right the scores recently have been a let down, so no more fiddling with them by Mrs RM since Boxing day, just me on my own with a duster and some polish!! I have given them a good old fashoined 'buffing' and they are saying 2-1 addicks but a tough game and one we will need to work hard on to get any type of result. I just hope that come 7.30 New Yeras Eve I'll be in a position to prove I'm better than Mrs RM when it comes to cleaning balls!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!