Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leyton Orient v. Charlton | New Years' Eve 2011 | Match Preview, Predictions, Views and News

Comments

• Options

I think either Hollands or Wiggy will be rested for this one - with JJ coming in for Hollands and/or Evina coming in for Wiggy.

• Options
    Just because Orient have 3 ex Charlton players. So Lisbie, Mooney and Spring shall all score but BWP will get a hat-rick with Waggy scoring after coming back in for the suspended Green. 
    think lee cook is at orient now aswell, it could've been more if Mcgleish hadn't gone to Brizzle and Omuzusi  had behaved himself.
  • Options

Just because Orient have 3 ex Charlton players. So Lisbie, Mooney and Spring shall all score but BWP will get a hat-rick with Waggy scoring after coming back in for the suspended Green. 
    think lee cook is at orient now aswell, it could've been more if Mcgleish hadn't gone to Brizzle and Omuzusi  had behaved himself.
    There's a reason they are EX Charlton players.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    7-1 to us.

4th minute Danny Hollands

12th minute Danny Hollands

19th BWP

30th BWP

45th Kermorgant

47th Mooney

70th Wagstaff

90th BWP
  • Options
    Storming it 5-0 at HT then 2nd we struggle A bit but come out winners.p
  • Options
    Storming it 5-0 at HT then 2nd we struggle A bit but come out winners.p
  • Options
    4th minute Danny Green 
    He will have to score from the stands. He's suspended for this one. ;-)
  • Options
    4th minute Danny Green 
    He will have to score from the stands. He's suspended for this one. ;-)
    Don't underestimate him :-)
  • Options
    You all seem to have gone hypnotically goal crazy.
    It'll end either 0-0 or 1-1.
    Eventually 1-0,  for us.

• Options
    What are you lot chatting on???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-1 Ephraim, Kermorgant and Morrison.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

crucial game for my 5 year old , his 2nd away fixture and the previous one was the defeat at stevenage , so i don't want another defeat or he will be put off away fixtures for life like so many other charlton fans

1-4 to the addicks  and the 3.5k who made the short trip across the river go off to celebrate the new year in style

• Options

Had throught this would be a tricky game but saw Orient play Bromley in the FA Cup and they were pony...not surehow many of their first teamers were rested that day but if we are playing that team then we should have plenty to get past them.  A win would be an excellent wrap to 2011 and I can see a number of dropped points from our rivals:

Huddersfield v Carlisle (Friday)      Udders to have just about enough here.
    Preston v Sheffield Wed               Can see a draw and more dropped points for wendies
    Sheffield Utd v Hartlepool              Hartlepool new manager affect - can see a draw
    Brentford v MK Dons                    Brentford good at home - poss defeat for the Franchise
    Wycombe v Stevenage                 Stevenage should have enough but are so far behind who cares!

Good will Sheffield United come.... /yoda
  • Options
    edited December 2011

crucial game for my 5 year old , his 2nd away fixture and the previous one was the defeat at stevenage , so i don't want another defeat or he will be put off away fixtures for life like so many other charlton fans

Brilliant.

NB Keep the stubs so he'll know what his first few games were. Also, so that he can start his own spreadsheet in a few years, so he won't have to refer to yours :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    will do covered end , he has the stevenage ticket stub in a notebook with "1,612 addicks (new ground syndrome)" written next to it
  • Options
    Now we know who to blame for the Stevenage defeat........oohaah's son !!   We thought it was down to JimmyMelrose but he attended the Wallsall & Yeovil games, so he is now officially off the hook !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    You all seem to have gone hypnotically goal crazy.
    It'll end either 0-0 or 1-1.

Eventually 1-0,  for us.

Interesting.  Here's your comment from before the Hudds game:

Too much at stake.  Both teams will want to avoid defeat and play tight. Neither Rhodes nor BWP will get the oportunity to score.
    Won't see many goals, 0-0 or 1-1.

However, a 1-0 for us would prove me right and keep us all happy. 

Whats it all about Ade?

• Options
    2-1 to us BWP and Waggy
  • Options
    just has to be 1-3 to the Pride of SE.London so that the bet is won ! - £50 at 14-1 is £700 - I think, don't think I'll ask for the stake as it wasn't my money !
  • Options
    Waggy for Green, otherwise unchanged, 1-1 draw, no serious damage done as most of our rivals should also drop points
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4-1 addicts ... Ludicrously fluent football ... Home fans leaving ... ' it's like watching brazil' a real statement that we are the best team in the league ... Powell puts his cap in ...
  • Options
    This will be a tough one. Waggy to start instead of Green. JJ on the bench. Hopefully our defense can start keeping clean sheets again. Falling behind to both Walsall and Yeovil was a bit disconcerting. We need to get that concentration level back again at the back. I think we will and we'll grind out a 1-0 win with BWP getting the goal.
  • Options
    Tough match, this. They'll be up for it after their mauling by MKD. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one.
  • Options
    Powell is going for 3 points and what yeovil has taught is that the defense has to be awake all the time. Many of these players are young enough to become complacent and it is Powells great acheivement to keep them switched on for most of the time which is why the likes of Jackson are so important; he is 100% all the time.Given that we have the best team in this league the only thing that can go wrong is giving in to complacency (bwp is the weak link here but he can change his attitude very easily) and so long as we start the second half of the season in the same spirit that we started the first we will succeed. A decisive victory will set us up for a cracking atmosphere on Monday.
  • Options
    2-2 kermigant and Wagstaff to score.
  • Options
    It'll be a tough one, no doubt. 2-1 to the Addicks. Waggy and Solly for us in the
    first half...pegged back in the second half (I'd imagine by either Mooney or
    Lisbie naturally) causing a few nervous moments late on...but we hold firm in the end to
    see in 2012 with 54 points. Jackanackanory!  
  • Options
    Powell is going for 3 points and what yeovil has taught is that the defense has to be awake all the time. Many of these players are young enough to become complacent and it is Powells great acheivement to keep them switched on for most of the time which is why the likes of Jackson are so important; he is 100% all the time.Given that we have the best team in this league the only thing that can go wrong is giving in to complacency (bwp is the weak link here but he can change his attitude very easily) and so long as we start the second half of the season in the same spirit that we started the first we will succeed. A decisive victory will set us up for a cracking atmosphere on Monday.
    Good post, BJ
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All week I have this premonition that the boys will land a BIG win, so I am going for a 0-5 win and see in the new year with a League one record total of 54 points:-)

• Options
    Did you go to the Yeovil game ? All I hear about about BWP from the fans who did is that he put a good shift in as he did against Oldham, just a bit low on confidence, so contradicts your assessment
  • Options

Two worrying games....Orient will want a reaction to the MKD defeat, and Brentford (only one away defeat this season) follows less than 48 hours later. It will take skilled management, and the full use of our squad to cope.

Tricky.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!