Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signings For Next Season

edited January 2012 in General Charlton
Should we go for experienced pros who have won the championship before, like Blackburn did under Kenny and Keegan did with City or should we go for some young bright stars? And when we're in The Prem 2013/14 do we dump the Champ squad a sign loads of players that have just been relegated or go for young stars?
When we get into Europe in 2014/15 should we take it seriously or concentrate on Champions League spot?
When we're in the Champ League the following season should we get in a load of foreigners with CL experience or go for young stars?

Comments

• Options
    i just want a team of kermogants.
  • Options
    If we go up and sheff u stay down, I wouldn't mind trying to sign their ginge quinn
  • Options
    i think we should re-sign francis, mccormack, mcleod, and mooney for a start its clearly the way to go!!!
  • Options
    I've heard a few times that we might be signing Bostock from Spurs in the summer? No idea the reliability, but I've seen it mentioned a few times now. Him and that Coutts bloke from Preston.
  • Options
    In the spirit of this thread and because I'm such an impatient bugger I'm bringing forward christmas 2012 to a week on thursday.
  • Options
    Covered end Lad , you could be on to a song there!!

We all want a team of Kermorgants,
    A team of Kermorgants,
    A team of Kermorgants

Number .... is super Yann,
  • Options
    Mendonca In Asdas 10:10PM
    Covered end Lad , you could be on to a song there!!

We all want a team of Kermorgants,
    A team of Kermorgants,
    A team of Kermorgants

Number .... is super Yann,

would love this!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Did I read, above, Sheffield United's ginger quim?
  • Options
    Wishful thinking?
  • Options
    Re-sign Killer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Messi and Ronaldo, anyone less should be seen as failure and Chris Powell should walk.
  • Options
    Should we go for experienced pros who have won the championship before, like Blackburn did under Kenny and Keegan did with City or should we go for some young bright stars? And when we're in The Prem 2013/14 do we dump the Champ squad a sign loads of players that have just been relegated or go for young stars?
    When we get into Europe in 2014/15 should we take it seriously or concentrate on Champions League spot?
    When we're in the Champ League the following season should we get in a load of foreigners with CL experience or go for young stars?

Well Carlos Tevez is available...
  • Options

Strong enough squad - i reckon one or two --Div One as strong as championship and we have the support ...

• Options
    "Div One as strong as championship"

Sorry, cannot agree with that.
  • Options
    Ben Marshall
  • Options
    powelly should make all his signings purley based on youtube clips of said player did us no harm in the past.. ;-)
  • Options
    I'm assuming you mean Peter Whittingham brooker? There's a reason he looked quality - he's one of the best players in the division and prem clubs have sniffed round him.
  • Options
    I think Whittingham was the stand out player but couldn't see any others I would swap with ours on show. I doubt we will make wholesale changes - hopefully strengthen cover a bit - the squad is good enough to challenge already if the Championship games I have seen this season are represntative,
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind that Danny Ward as cover for JJ, think he could do a job In Championship.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Nevermind, he cost Hudders £1m and hes on a 3 year deal :/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC are reporting that Hudds are ready to offer 1mllion for Ben Marshall
  • Options
    It seems to me that we have a very clear plan devised for the coming years, every good Business has one with the ability to tweak it according to our success in following it. We have started by bringing in a complete new squad for the purpose of returning to the Championship ASAP. This squad is young enough to give us good service over a good number of years, but will be kept fresh making changes which reveal a need as we go along.
    At the same time we are putting great emphasis upon The Academy which I am sure is expected to feed the first team squad more and more in the future. If you want proof of this take the appointment of Paul Hart as Director, you don't get him for two bob a week ! Also the number of lads who are being given professional contracts.
    Medium to long term, I feel sure that our new owners are ambitious for real success, and written on their office wall somewhere will be something along the lines of 'Premiership or Bust'. If you think of us in terms of our location with its transport links, our existing and potential support, and a stadium that can be expanded, the sky's the limit. If I let my brain float high, and bearing in mind the difficulty that many Businesses are experiencing, I am seeing a huge car parking area on the industrial estate right next to us, with it's own dedicated entry and exit from the A2. Dream the dream my friends.
  • Options
    NEW GK:

SOLLY
    MORRO
    NEW CB:
    WIGGINS

NEW RM:
    NEW CM:
    HOLLANDS:
    JACKO:

NEW ST:
    KERMORGANT

SUBS:

(IF 5) HAMER TAYLOR STEPHENS GREEN BWP

(IF 7) HAMER TAYLOR EVINA STEPHENS WAGSTAFF GREEN BWP
  • Options
    Mark Marshall
  • Options
    Surprised you dont rate Taylor in your team Super Jonnie, I think our back four would cope in the Championship
  • Options
    peter whittingham!
  • Options
    Amazing how my thread has been hijacked!
  • Options
    probably won't happen, but if we get promoted and wendies don't, jordan rhodes. If not madine frm Sheff Wed or ginger from sheff utd!
  • Options
    I Would like Bradley`s brother, If QPR Bite the dust.
  • Options
    Great post , Granpa.

Granma x