Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signings For Next Season

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Stephen Quinn looked decent at the Valley - wouldn't mind signing him up
  • Options
    Frank Lampard (Jnr)
  • Options
    Out of interest, here are the stats for the three clubs promoted to the championship last season (numbers include transfers since the start of the season, as well as those completed last summer) :-

Southampton 12 in ; 12 out

Brighton 15 in ; 14 out

Peterborough 12 in ; 19 out

So on the precedent of what last season's promoted sides have done, I think we can expect Powell to have a busy summer as he sorts out who he thinks will do a job at a higher level and where he thinks he needs to strengthen.
    Agree with IC again. If we want to progress we will need quite a few personnel changes all over the pitch.

• Options
    Simeon Jackson. Boom! Game Over.
  • Options
    Simeon Jackson. Boom! Game Over.
    Good shout.

• Options
    Looking at those lists (the championship ones), there is a familar name in Andy Reid.

As Forest are going down, he won't want to play in div three. He's only 29 (which surprised me - I'd have guessed he was a few years older). I know it's always dangerous going back. But there's a strong argument that says Charlton's decline started with his sale.

Could our revival start with his re-signing?
    theres a strong argument to say that our decline started with his signing (amongst others) for me no ..hes a player on the way down in my view

• Options
    Think we could get Simeon Jackson
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Looking at those lists (the championship ones), there is a familar name in Andy Reid.

As Forest are going down, he won't want to play in div three. He's only 29 (which surprised me - I'd have guessed he was a few years older). I know it's always dangerous going back. But there's a strong argument that says Charlton's decline started with his sale.

Could our revival start with his re-signing?
    Good player when fit but that's the problem. He's hardly ever fit and as he hits the 30 mark I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Think Robbie Joseph. Great player but how often did he really do it other than that one season?

So a "no" from me.
  • Options
    Think we could get Simeon Jackson
    Weren't we in for him before he went from Gills to Norwich ? Would definately be a decent signing provided he isn't on huge Premier League wages.
  • Options
    Anthony Wordsworth, Lewis McGugan and Simeon Jackson are all great shouts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't we put this thread on ice until promotion is won?
  • Options
    Jackson is playing and scoring for norwich.
  • Options
    A loan signing or two for this season might be the priority to see us over the line. Or has that window closed?
  • Options
    certainly not living up to peoples expectations so far
  • Options

I cant see much changing.

I stand by my quote :)