Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signings For Next Season

Comments

• Options
    Chirpy red. Perhaps your humour was to subtle.
  • Options
    Probably, I'm wasted on here.......
    It was meant as an antidote to GH's rather glass half empty Hold On!!!!!!! thread.
  • Options
    tony up north... exactly what i have been thinking. and even if they don't go down he wont be in their plans once they spend millions.
  • Options
    tonyupnorthJanuary 25
    I Would like Bradley`s brother, If QPR Bite the dust.

Apart from his first spell at citeh he's been rubbish wherever he's gone, def wouldn't want him at the Valley........even this season
  • Options
    No thanks, where would the height come from
  • Options
    george boyd and jamie vardy
  • Options
    No thanks, where would the height come from
    Don`t always need big lumps up front, Look at Barcalona, Since the got rid of Ibrahimovic. Would play him wide right anyway, Could try and sign Peter Crouch if you like.
  • Options
    Would like to see us make a move for young Nick Powell at Crewe, looks very promising.
  • Options
    We have a lot of players that will make the transition to The Championship with ease but not all. If we follow the model from last summer we might expect to sign top notch Championship players that we know can do a good job at that level much like the signings of Wiggins / Stephens and Green were top draw league one. I have doubts over quite a few of our squad making the step up so I think that if we do get promoted we can expect a return of the revolving door policy we saw last summer albeit on a reduced level.
  • Options
    I haven't got doubts about our players - the defence will be one of th ebest. hollands, Stephens, Jackson, Pritchard - feels to me like we are ok there. Kermogant and BWP - yes -look at what Palace have? Not saying we won't buy and sell but it will react to the market, Chrissy won't be under pressure beacause he will know the players can step up but if somebody better is available at the right price- he'll nab him. The thing is, we can't really know who those players might be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I cant see much changing.
  • Options
    IF we were to get promoted I would like one more midfielder of the creative sort. Shelvey on loan kind of deal. IF..
  • Options
    Maybe not next year but can see Michael Turner being the kind of player we will bring in.
  • Options
    Shelvey might be th esort of thing that could happen - I doubt he will be close to Liverpool's first team next season and he has shown he can cut it in the Championship and he does know the place.
  • Options
    Shelvey might be th esort of thing that could happen - I doubt he will be close to Liverpool's first team next season and he has shown he can cut it in the Championship and he does know the place.
    Good one.

Shelvey (loan), SWP, Vardy, Luke Young, Bolasie, Frimpong (loan)
  • Options
    Frimpong who is on loan to a prem team this year?
  • Options
    Maybe not next year but can see Michael Turner being the kind of player we will bring in.
    funny enough was ear wigging his mother in law on the train the other morning, nealy moved in the last window. But she didn't say where.

• Options
    Good one.

Shelvey (loan), SWP, Vardy, Luke Young, Bolasie, Frimpong (loan)
    how about marshall?
  • Options
    Chirpy RedJanuary 23Quote

Should we go for experienced pros who have won the championship before, like Blackburn did under Kenny and Keegan did with City or should we go for some young bright stars? And when we're in The Prem 2013/14 do we dump the Champ squad a sign loads of players that have just been relegated or go for young stars?
    When we get into Europe in 2014/15 should we take it seriously or concentrate on Champions League spot?
    When we're in the Champ League the following season should we get in a load of foreigners with CL experience or go for young stars?

Please start a new thread THIS WAS A JOKE!
  • Options
    What would we need squad (not team ) wise , based around having a new keeper , Right Back to back up cover for Solly , replacement for the Doc ,new midfielders to replace Hughes and Russell ,left sided cover for Jacko .

As usual though SCP will discover a gem not on this list although in some cases I've tried to put forward players with Powell / Dyer connections

GK Ben Alnwick or David Button from Spurs ,
    RB Kieran Lee Oldham ,Stuart Parnaby ,Carl Jenkinson Arsenal
    CB Elliot Ward Norwich ,Matt Fry West Ham ,Miquel Arsenal ,Danny Gabbidon QPR
    CM Dean Parrett , John Bostock Spurs ,Stephen Mcphail Cardiff,Brian Howard Reading , Jonjo Shelvey Liverpool
    LM Hogan Ephraim QPR , Anthony Wordsworth Colchester , Matt Ritchie Swindon , Myles Weston Brentford , Andy Reid Forest ,Petter Van Moen ex QPR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Tight unit - ignore that - my 11 year old son thinking he's funny. Gives me a ready made xcuse for anything else in the future i guess
  • Options
    I'd guess that if we get promoted Powell will follow the same formula of getting in players that have done a job in the division. Keeper would seem to be a priority
  • Options
    richard lee from brentford for me inbetween the sticks
  • Options
    great shout
  • Options
    No thanks. Backed out of the challenge to let Morrison score. I prefer Hamer.
  • Options
    I think it will be Hamer. Powell and co think Hamer is a real prospect that can grow with us or at least that's what was said. I think he will improve and don't doubt he will be fine at Championship level should we get there. Did you see Forde for Millwall yesterday ?
  • Options
    Although Richard Lee impressed a lot when we played Brentford last season in the JPT and at The Valley, not sure he is much better than Hamer, when Hamer was at Brentford early last season he played ahead of Lee. Dependent on what league we are in:

Button (Spurs) and Kilgallon (Sunderland) would be good permanent signings who would be challenging for the first 11. In addition cover for Solly is needed and perhaps CM/ST cover with the possible departures of Hughes (can't remember his contract length), Russell, Alonso and Hayes (will he want to remain 3rd/4th choice).

• Options
    rudi Skacel, Jonathan Obika, Adam Mcgurk,peter Whittingham and Kane Ferdinand.
  • Options
    anthony wordsworth from colchester can play CM or LM, similarly style to jacko but much younger and slightly quicker.
  • Options
    Surprised Wordsworth is still at Col U, he will be in the Championship next season, maybe with us.

Obika- no thanks, only 2 goals this season. Did nothing at Palace on loan last season and no improvement on what we have.