Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter v Charlton Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Flukey goal but who cares? Our defence is class.
  • Options
    I am sure that when we won the Championship in 2000 we won 12 away games. To win 11 at this stage is fantastic.
  • Options
    When do I start enjoying it?

Feel horribly nervous before and during every game we play. I can't switch off the nagging feeling that it is all going to go wrong. Consequence of the last few years I guess.

The more we play the more we appear to be mirroring Norwich a couple of seasons ago.

It's Charlton so you start enjoying it when promotion is a mathematical certainty.

That said, looking at the league table there aren't that many clubs in our division that I'd swap places with right now.

• Options
    Just shown our goal on Sky and said some nice things about us.
  • Options
    South London is wonderful again :)
  • Options

Feel horribly nervous before and during every game we play. I can't switch off the nagging feeling that it is all going to go wrong. Consequence of the last few years I guess.

The more we play the more we appear to be mirroring Norwich a couple of seasons ago.
    You and me both Clem. I just can't get that feeling out of my mind.

I thought today after two great results, that we were primed for a banana skin.

Another brilliant result.

• Options
    Train all booked for Oldham, surely thats too soon a date for us to clinch it.. ?

Another clean sheet, what an immense defence we have. sounded like bwp played well again but just didn't get the reward
  • Options
    Perhaps its the relative goal drought not helping the nerves, seemed to score more with hughes orstephens in the 11
  • Options
    edited January 2012

i know where you're coming from.......
    I don't. Even Charlton cannot now stuff it up. Especially this Charlton, which has guts, spirit, desire and confidence (and more than a little skill) in abundance. And when you've got those qualities, it is no coincidence that you win games with miscued crosses which drift unintended into the net!

Target 100 now requires less than two points per game.

Plus my second team Crawley in the fifth round of the FA cup again.What a splendiferous day!
  • Options
    Can't stop staring at the league table :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012

That said, looking at the league table there aren't that many clubs in our division that I'd swap places with right now.

Or, indeed, any!
  • Options
    16 more wins we have won title and go up as Champions at the moment.
  • Options
    Thankyou Addicks. In all my years of supporting the club, seldom have I been so sure of this team SCP has put together. Onwards!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Oh, and Powell divisional manager of the month again. Four wins out of four and not a single goal conceded.
  • Options
    wining ugly pi55es the rest off which is also a bonus
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    16 more wins we have won title and go up as Champions at the moment.
    10 more wins only will do it.
  • Options
    I agree Beds (especially) however I think mathematically it something like 16. Mind you even my pessmistic side can't see this team coking this up !!
  • Options
    this is how a chris powell team has a blip. by only winning by 1 goal. another good win . the guessing game of when we go up begins.
  • Options
    I agree Beds (especially) however I think mathematically it something like 16. Mind you even my pessmistic side can't see this team coking this up !!
    LOL - everytime a team from the chasing pack loses - the figure goes down to 15, 14, ... so lets enjoy all the mathematical permutations... ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Weve only scored 3 goals once since mid november.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weve only scored 3 goals once since mid november.

?

• Options
    POWELL OUT.... FAR TO DEFENSIVE NEED MORE GOALS! ;-)
  • Options
    Matt's all over the shop.
  • Options
    oh when the reds go marching on .. i wanna be in that number
  • Options
    On train home from Exeter now never seen north stand Steve so happy, comical winning goal, professional if unspectacular performance. Nice to see Dale come on for last twenty. BTW we are going up. Johnny Jackson is on the train as well offering beers to the fans top man.
  • Options
    On train home from Exeter now never seen north stand Steve so happy, comical winning goal, professional if unspectacular performance. Nice to see Dale come on for last twenty. BTW we are going up. Johnny Jackson is on the train as well offering beers to the fans top man.
    Thought they travelled there by coach?
  • Options
    On train home from Exeter now never seen north stand Steve so happy, comical winning goal, professional if unspectacular performance.
    You sure it ain't just wind?

• Options
    JJ on the train?
  • Options
    Great result again. I also can't stop looking at the table. It's been a long time coming and it needs time to sink in to a hardened Charlton fan. Lets bury Bury on Tuesday and let Bradley get a sack full of goals. COYR
  • Options
    @johnnie_jackson nice to see you! Come to coach D you can have a jaeger bomb! :)