Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter v Charlton Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    The bird in crocodile dundee tonight name is sue charlton must be an omen, right kids
  • Options
    The future's bright. The future's RED AND WHITE. Well done boys, good performance. Job done
  • Options
    I posted on the pre-match thread and suggested a respectful attitude to clubs like ours (and one thing we can boast about is that it is "ours") would be beneficial to you. You maintained that through the match itself and I genuinely would like to see you go up but, while it is all described very modestly, some of the comments here should have you reaching for the egg incubator. Then again I have a tendency to be over-cautious; from the start I was saying we needed to equalise before you scored. We're surviving in League 1on a League 2 / Conference budget. Anyway best of luck in the run-in.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    just got back.

this team works so hard for each other and when we're not on top form (which we weren't today), that grit & determination gets them through.

10 mins into the game i was thinking we're not gonna concede. Exeter are not a bad side and played well 2nd half but our defence is immense.

pritchard & kermorgant worked their respective zimbabwean & french cobblers off.

right behind green's screamer, was going in as soon as it left his boot. lovely when the players celebrated as it was right in front of my lad & he got some great photos on his phone.

nice cameo from stephens, whenever he got the ball he calmed it down, touch & pass.

want to say o..n..e a..i.. but just can't

happy days

on to the next game
  • Options
    cheers pal, hope you pull away from the bottom!
  • Options
    pritchard & kermorgant worked their respective english & french cobblers off.

Bradley is Zimbabwe, lucky they are not in African Nations Cup.

• Options
    Flukey goal but who cares? Our defence is class.
    Maybe Migel was right :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    pritchard & kermorgant worked their respective english & french cobblers off.

Bradley is Zimbabwe, lucky they are not in African Nations Cup.

that's what i said ;)

• Options
    Just got back after a post match celebration meal and drink.

First half was naff. I can't recall any quality or goal action of note.

Second half we came out as expected with much more purpose. Although the goal was fortuitous, it seemed inevitable at the time. Green just turned around to face us with a stunned grin on his face.

Exeter tried to get back into it and caused a few issues largely as a result of a shaky Hamer on a cross or two. As it was at the other end, it was difficult to see but Hamer also seemed to pull off a cracking save down to his right.

My eye was taken by all the back four and Hollands. Stevens cameo bodes well for the run in, he looked to bring a little extra to the team as we all know that he can. Haynes looked tricky with Clarke a bit fast fella that needs a bit more direction to his play.

One moment of class came from a BWP cross perfectly placed and timed to land on a surging Yanns head. Shame it didn't go in, that was a move worthy of winning any match.

On the whole, I thought that we edged a scrappy game and rarely looked troubled. Long may it continue.
  • Options
    wining ugly pi55es the rest off which is also a bonus
    BBC stats had fouls, Exeter 4 Charlton 1. plus the late booking of Wiggins in 93rd minute. If we do things the 'hard' way, maybe that's what is needed. Don't mind being known as the hard men of league one. Bring on Chesterfield!! Saturdays just get better and better. I'm sat at work in the hospital on another night shift, but don't care, as i keep looking at that league table, and Euelly is on the radio. Thanks again Mr Powell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good sign when you can win without playing all that.
  • Options
    wiggins must be heading for a suspension soon seems to always get booked!
  • Options
    The best teams are always the luckiest too for some strange reason.
  • Options
    Another 3 points , another clean sheet , maybe we should have kept hold of Llera & Semedo to make life more 'interesting'

No seriously we 'ground' out the 3 points today , can't wait for Bradley to get his scoring boots on again , and really stuff someone.
  • Options
    My first and hopefully last time to Exeter.

Another good win when we aren't achieving the quality performances in terms of style that we know we are capable of.

We would have lost this sort of game over the last 5 years. Our defence is top notch for this league.

We were comfortable all game and it had 0-0 written all over it until their keeper gave us an assist.

I like BWP a lot and I would have started him in every game as well but I think maybe a rest and coming on from the bench may be the order of the day now. It's just not happening for him but if you don't make some chances for him he's not going to score. So it was good to see Stephens back and showed some class in the short time he was on the field. I can see him starting alongside Hollands again soon and that should benefit BWP.

A few more bookings today as well so Wiggins especially needs to be careful.

But we really are a team destined for the Championship.

• Options
    Glad we won from a freak goal, give Wendies etc. even more to moan about!

Love the fact that we can be completely stale in a match and off form and yet still keep a clean sheet away to a team we would usually struggle against. If you ask me Wright-Phillips could never score again and I would still keep him playing, he's been working so hard lately and him and Kermorgant lead the example, hassling and harrying players, looking for space and trying to create something out of nothing.

I think Wycombe at home will be our Champions celebration, having won at Calisle to go 11 points clear of 2nd place
  • Options
    Said it last week, we are league one mourinho chelsea. We were poor imo but just done enough. Quite impressed by them, decent side.
  • Options
    Exeter did set their stall out not to concede and then to hit us with a quick counter.

They started with 5 in midfield and 3 centrebacks - and always seemed to have a man spare - so in a congested midfield both teams tended to cancel each other out.

Second half we started with a bit more purpose, some neat passing, and looking much sharper up front. When the goal came, the keeper seemed the most surprised as he and the ball ended up in the back of the net. Greenie turned round where he stood just in front of us, grinning from ear to ear as the celebrating players descended on him.

Soon after, BWP went on a run towards the left flank and fired in a driven cross that Yann met with a bullet header from just inside the box. It would have been a hell of a move and goal, but inches wide.

We didn't really look like conceding, although Hamer made a very decent save on 90 minutes. Exeter didn't know when to quit and kept going right to the final whistle - but it was a gritty, thoroughly professional performance by Charlton.

Job done.
  • Options
    Will the Jacko interview be available anywhere online, I'd love to hear it!
  • Options
    Good few Lifers at the match today.

You know who you are!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What was the website that allows you to see the goals the quickest?
  • Options
    wiggins must be heading for a suspension soon seems to always get booked!
    10 bookings for a suspension now, he's miles away

• Options
    Wiggins has 7 yellows. Only 3 away from a suspension
  • Options
    lets hope he misses say wycome at home rather than hudds away!!
  • Options
    Err, shouldn't we be hoping he doesn't miss any at all?
  • Options
    obviously but going by the current rate he is picking up bookings, he is probably going to hit 10
  • Options
    Great win today, I was worried that this could've been a big let down after the sheffield games.

10pts clear of 3rd place, I can't stop looking at the table on teletext.
  • Options
    It'll be a two match ban I believe.
  • Options
    Not worried as Evina looks more than good enough to fill in for a few games.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    reading here that we were stale, off-form, didn't play well, won ugly - however the player marks suggest this is wrong and we actually played excellent football.