Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exeter v Charlton Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic win but jeez what a crap game. We looked the better team when the ball was on the floor but never really created anything. Exeter had there moments in the second half but rarley had a shot either. I'm sure we didnt have a shot on target the whole game as Greens def wasn't a shot. Kermit was unlucky at the end with a bullet header that flashed wide. All in all a great win against a tough team.
  • Options
    lets hope he misses say wycome at home rather than hudds away!!
    On our current form against teams in the bottom half of the table Wycombe is going to be the tougher of the games.
  • Options
    Great win today, I was worried that this could've been a big let down after the sheffield games.

10pts clear of 3rd place, I can't stop looking at the table on teletext.
    Teletext. Bless.
  • Options
    Shakey game out of the way... definitely would have drawn that last term and pushes the gap to ten points to third. Lovely jubbly
    No we lost that game last term
  • Options
    It looks like we are winning games because we have an amazing back four. The luck is with us also which is good as our strikers haven't scored for ages.

Beds, there is no luck involved, we are the best team.
  • Options
    reading here that we were stale, off-form, didn't play well, won ugly - however the player marks suggest this is wrong and we actually played excellent football.

we made a couple of chances in the second half, but were far from excellent
  • Options
    we weren't lucky yesterday there just wasn't much in the game.

heard this morn that the goal might go to the dubious goals panel. well they can do one. ball was somehow going in anyway without the keepers flap and that for me means it is green's goal.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    heard this morn that the goal might go to the dubious goals panel. well they can do one. ball was somehow going in anyway without the keepers flap and that for me means it is green's goal.
    I didn't think there was a dubious goals panel for league 1.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    A 100% typical Charlton away performance this season. We are the best team & prove it week in week out. The first half was turgid, but as usual we did enough comfortably, to stop them from scoring & let them "blow themself out".

We came out for the 2nd half & immediately stepped up a gear. You could tell Exeter were struggling to keep us at bay & it was only a matter of time before we scored. Green's goal was lucky, in as much it was undoubtedly a cross, but it was excellent play beforehand to get him into that position.

Then, once in front, we were always going to win & Exeter never looked like scoring. Even if they had scored, we would have got another.

Hamer made some very important saves towards the end, although he did drop one cross.
    The whole back four were superb. Impenetrable.
    The midfield all played well and worked hard as did Kermy.
    BWP put in a lot of effort, but it's not happening for him & I think his confidence is suffering.

I think it is inconceiveable, that we won't win the league. We have the best players, the best team, the best attitude.

I can't see them getting too complacent & I can't see them choking.

This team would undoubtedly challenge at the top half of The Championship.

Finally, it's nothing to do with luck !

It's to do with ability & professionalism and we have it in bucket loads !
  • Options
    That's a great post Covered End.
    The only thing I would remove is this "This team would undoubtedly challenge at the top half of The Championship".
    But that's just me being cautious!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a great post Covered End.
    The only thing I would remove is this "This team would undoubtedly challenge at the top half of The Championship".
    But that's just me being cautious!
    I tend to agree with Six a bag. I think that we would need to strengthen to maintain even a top half Championship position. I dont doubt hat this is in the plan

• Options
    cracking day out massive hangover this morning, great company with Plaayer, Kets, SE7,ValleyGary and oggy. We are on the box when greenie scores.Kids had a great day playing darts in the boozer, and singing all the way home.

Stephens looked absolute class when he came on and controlled the midfield.
  • Options
    Two thirds of the way there.

ONE AIM! COYR!
  • Options
    One aim barnsey boy one aim
  • Options
    It would appear that with Stephens coming back that we now have our first team choice available. How many games have we played this season with this option?
  • Options
    if ever there was a time for saying 'what a difference a year makes' then this is it... what a difference a year makes!

LOVING IT :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    As much as I would like to win games 4 or 5 nil all the time, and lose a few in between, it would still only be three points.

To get out of this league I'll be quite happy to win every game 1 nil until the end of the season.

• Options
    Wiggins has 7 yellows. Only 3 away from a suspension
    I thought yellow cards were wiped out at the end of Jan?
  • Options
    End of Feb, Tangoman.
  • Options
    End of Feb, Tangoman.
    Sorry Oggy I think they changed the rules in 2009 when the February amnesty was brought back to 31 Dec. Now if a player gets 5 yellows by 31 Dec they get a suspension, then if they get 10 cards by the 2nd Sunday in April the player will be suspended for 2 matches! If a player receives 15 cautions before the end of the season then the player will receive a 3 match suspension.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cheers pal, hope you pull away from the bottom!
    crikey!
  • Options
    Must have passed me by, Lancs - I hadn't realised they'd changed the suspension rules, no idea at all. lol

Thanks for putting me straight.

*looks in cupboard for more medication*
  • Options
    Must have passed me by, Lancs - I hadn't realised they'd changed the suspension rules, no idea at all. lol

Thanks for putting me straight.

*looks in cupboard for more Doom Bar*
    That's the spirit Oggster!
  • Options
    It looks like we are winning games because we have an amazing back four. The luck is with us also which is good as our strikers haven't scored for ages. !
    Not sure about the luck thing. We've had more deflected goals against us than for us this season.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    What's interesting is that our promotion rivals are all saying we're going to have a poor spell at some point where we don't play so well and it's then that they can make up some ground on us.
    Arguably, it can be said that we're actually having this 'much anticipated' poor spell at present, because in truth we've not been at our best these last few weeks or so...and yet dear rivals take note............. WE'RE STILL WINNING!!

Just noticed that this has already been covered in a thread below...'Blip'....sorry for that but I might as well leave this post in the thread now that it's in.
  • Options
    In our last 4 league games , we have 4 clean sheets , i'm sure we're going through our 'blip ' at the moment.
  • Options
    #Tigerblood
  • Options
    Stephens didn't give the ball away once when he came on, had a head from hell yesterday morning but it was worth it!
  • Options
    start tomorrow with the XI that finished on Saturday - little bit of midweek squad rotation??
  • Options
    start tomorrow with the XI that finished on Saturday - little bit of midweek squad rotation??
    Your right , surely we've got to rotate a little , maybe a start for Stephens? even though i thought Pritchard played well , there's going to be be some tired legs out there otherwise.