Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer

124»

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

He won't ever play for England? Fuck it - he might as well retire then. And we should get shot too. We should be looking to sign Joe Hart.....

We are a championship side so I wouldn't expect us to be on Woy's Waydar just now!

This is boring now - every game he doesn't play like Lev Yashin he's suddenly a liability!

Read the whole thing chump. I never said the (probable) fact that he won't play for England was a reason to discredit him. I merely said he won't play for England in response to someone who suggested he might.
  • Options
    Why do we persist in pulling some of our team to pieces they are a team we are supporters of that team so we should BE SUPPORTING THEM not destroying their confidence
  • Options
    I didn't actually say he would play for England or was good enough, only there were moments like the Brighton game when he might be an outside bet.Did any of his detractors see him at the Amex? As others have agreed he was exceptional that night in the same way as Forster was against us 3 years ago.

When describing Forster and Ruddy what I was trying to demonstrate that it is a fluid situation behind Joe Hart and that if Hamer could become consistent then he could be in the mix. How many other English Keepers are playing regularly in the Premiership and Championship?

That said, I also stated that it was feast or famine with Hamer because on other occasions I think he should be dropped.
  • Options

cafctom - I respect your admiration of Hamer, we all have players that we disagree on.

In my opinion, he lacks concentration, is prone to let shots in from range, parries the ball into dangerous areas, gets caught in no mans land, and is susceptible to the high ball.

What would you say are his strengths?

By the way, I wouldnt advocate changing as dont think we have better reserve options, and it didnt work last season.

All of those weaknesses are things that are being thrown at Joe Hart at the moment. All of them.

If you focus on when he lets a couple of shots in from range and then say "well he cant stop long range shots" then its impossible to compliment the guy.

As I said earlier in this thread, we didn't have ANY discussion going on when he had four consecutive clean sheets. Nobody was bringing up old threads saying what a good job he is doing as a vital part of our defense.

He barely got much mention when he put in more clean sheets in one season (2011-12) than any other in Charlton history.

So people can criticize what he supposedly 'cannot do' all day long, but the stats suggest that our team has done very well with him in it. It isn't through coincidence.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

He won't ever play for England? Fuck it - he might as well retire then. And we should get shot too. We should be looking to sign Joe Hart.....

We are a championship side so I wouldn't expect us to be on Woy's Waydar just now!

This is boring now - every game he doesn't play like Lev Yashin he's suddenly a liability!

Read the whole thing chump. I never said the (probable) fact that he won't play for England was a reason to discredit him. I merely said he won't play for England in response to someone who suggested he might.
    I wasn't referring to you. Chump.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    England have enough problems without putting ben hamer in goal.