Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tranmere v. Charlton 1-1 Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I shall always remember Tranmere for their Draws.

That's 5 draw's in a row against them now.

BWP shall always be remembered for his draws :)

• Options
    We are at that stage of the season where the teams at the top (e.g. us) get a little comfy & complacent and the teams down at the bottom start to fight like trapped animals for their survival or at least to beat the slickers at the top.
    Sorry to state the obvious.. BUT I will. A good result is needed against Rochdale to at least calm the nerves of those Addicks Fans of a nervous disposition. A few changes for Rochdale .. Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Taylor, Wiggins, Wagstaff, Hollands, Hughes, Pritchard, Clarke, Haynes (if he's not fit then Kermorgant)
    did u see clarke and kermo play together, it just doesnt work
  • Options
    Decent result, Tranmere was always gonna be a hard place to go.
  • Options
    all the fuss about bradley not scoring, is taking all the attention off yann what did he offer today, nothing and when was the last time he scored,also with him on we tend to whack it long at times,id like to see bradley and haynes up front.
  • Options
    We are at that stage of the season where the teams at the top (e.g. us) get a little comfy & complacent and the teams down at the bottom start to fight like trapped animals for their survival or at least to beat the slickers at the top.
    Sorry to state the obvious.. BUT I will. A good result is needed against Rochdale to at least calm the nerves of those Addicks Fans of a nervous disposition. A few changes for Rochdale .. Hamer, Solly, Morrison, Taylor, Wiggins, Wagstaff, Hollands, Hughes, Pritchard, Clarke, Haynes (if he's not fit then Kermorgant)
    Only play em together if Haynes is not fit .. I am convinced that Wright-Phillips has lost all confidence, Smith is out on loan, who else is there ?
  • Options
    edited February 2012

If we go up at the end of the season I personally couldn't give a shit if we don't see another goal from a forward all season.
    I could. Because if BWP really does go from November to May without a goal, we will have a problem on our hands with a striker whose confidence will have been destroyed and who will be full of gnawing doubts about whether he's good enough to move up a level and cut it in the championship.

• Options
    Only play em together if Haynes is not fit .. I am convinced that Wright-Phillips has lost all confidence, Smith is out on loan, who else is there ?
    hayes? i know it is very unlikely but would prefer that to clarke

• Options
    all the fuss about bradley not scoring, is taking all the attention off yann what did he offer today, nothing and when was the last time he scored,also with him on we tend to whack it long at times,id like to see bradley and haynes up front.
    I assume you were there and are passing judgement on Yann after watching him closely for the full 90mins?.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    hayes? i know it is very unlikely but would prefer that to clarke

you could well be right .. but I suspect that Powell will keep faith with any 2 from Kermorgant, Wright-Phillips and Haynes
  • Options
    Get rid of Chris Powell we need Arsène Wenger :0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sheff utd will win the league
    Why, because we drew a game?
    We still have the stronger squad and the better manager. Oh, and 6 points and 5 GD.
  • Options
    Good point, against a manager who has had it over us.

Tempted by the idea of Hayes and BWP being brought back together
  • Options
    Have to say of the two strikers I'd rather see Kermy rested. He had more than one chance to put a sitter away today.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I assume you were there and are passing judgement on Yann after watching him closely for the full 90mins?.
    Obviously not seen much of Charlton if questioning Yann's value to a side 6 points clear at the top. Swear some people think football is like FIFA or Championship Manager in that we are going to win every game.

• Options
    Hayes. We didn't lose a league game with him in the side.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hayes. We didn't lose a league game with him in the side.
    Give it time ! ,, and don't stretch family loyalty toooooooooooooo far please.. having said that .. why not? .. the others have 'dried up' lately
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    yann has been very instrumental im not saying he has not, but he has missed a sitter today and done nothing but kick people,forget i said anything not allowed a opinion on here are you.

• Options
    Some people on here are getting way too panicky.
  • Options
    God help us if Taylor/morrision get injured.
  • Options
    Or just looking for a rise.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Obviously not seen much of Charlton if questioning Yann's value to a side 8 points clear at the top. Swear some people think football is like FIFA or Championship Manager in that we are going to win every game.

yann has been very instrumental im not saying he has not, but he has missed a sitter today and done nothing but kick people,forget i said anything not allowed a opinion on here are you.

No he hasnt done "nothing but kick people". You are allowed your opinion of course but dont expect it to go unchallenged if you post something that others dont agree with or hold a different view.
  • Options
    Win both games this week and we're 12 points clear by the time Sheffield United play Wednesday at Hillsborough on Sunday.

We just need to look after ourselves
  • Options
    Or just looking for a rise.

Mmm
  • Options
    11 points clear of the Wendies with 2 matches in hand...Can't complain
  • Options
    Don't panic!
  • Options
    a point is a result with the wendys losing

60%champions 39% runners up 1 % play off fun with the wendys
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    A draw againts Tranmere is good for me as some relatives of mine are from up there. Very concerned over the lack of goals from our strikers. It goes to show if we go up then we will need to strenghten in that area. They both work hard I don't doubt that..... I would be very tempted on Tues to have BWP and hayes together (as they did have a very good undersanding and itmight just kick BWP's form back. Also a bit concerned a few individual errors are keeping into the game.... is i the pressure of being on top? We just to to keep going, ground out the results against other teams, and hope a goal here or there is enough to win. I think we will go up but maybe not as Champions (i note Sheff Weds v Sheff Utd next week/). It will be interesting to see other teams run ins and if the others have to play each other etc? (could be a project for someone to have a thread of the top 6 and their fixtures between now and end of season?)
  • Options
    Couldn't listen to the game today so don't know how we played but it seems everytime CP makes an unforced change we drop points. (Stevenage, Bury and today)

Definitely need the strikers to get back on form.
  • Options
    Jacko injured was the forced change, BRE
  • Options
    Wouldn't say Jackson being left out was a 'unforced' changed. The pitch sounded like a bog, he's got a niggle which would be made worse by it.

Stop panicing will ya, the Championship will be for us to win