Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the Stevenage attendance.

Don't know if this is on another thread.. please close it if it is but:

Comments

• Options
    Bob's full house.
  • Options
    due to the predicted mini heat wave for this week game abandoned to the drought.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC @CAFCofficial
    Just over 4,000 £5 Stevenage tickets still remaining. 454 sold so far today and current total is 10,727 (MW) #FootballforaFiver #cafc
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Walk up won't be anywhere near the normal levels as people buy early

• Options
    Doubt it will be a sell out unless we give Stevenage a few more tickets.

Still looks like we could beat the Exeter attendance from last season which is all good, if we go up and do the offer again in the Championship we'd sell out.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    29,000 Riots ensue as late arrivals fight with ticket holders for the precious entry slips.

Meanwhile Season Ticket holders mutter about part time fans under their breath and wonder why aren't all the turnstiles open.

Seriously it will be a big gate, arrive a little, early especially as it is the minutes applause tribute to those Charlton people who have died in the last year.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
    Meanwhile Season Ticket holders mutter about part time fans under their breath
    Under their breath? Everyone around me always gets really wound up on Football for a Fiver days, shouting abuse at the part time fans when the attendance is announced.

Probably not the best attitude, but can't say I blame them...us regulars have had to sit through some terrible stuff in recent years...

• Options
    ...us regulars have had to sit through some terrible stuff in recent years...
    Well thats your fault really isn't it. On one hand youre promoting your dedication to CAFC - on the other you are saying the club that you love shouldnt offer promotions to win back fans and apply marketing tactics to replinish the fan base. (that dowie, pardew & parkinson lost)

You probably join in with debates about how it costs a father and son 150 plus to go to a Chelsea game, yet would also moan about it costing the same duo a mere tenner.

If you hadn't put "Us regulars" i wouldnt have been bothered, but you sound like you think you're better fans than people without a season ticket.

Football for a fiver is brilliant, and thoroughly looking forward to it. I'll be waving my ticket in the "regulars" direction too... enjoy the game!
  • Options
  • Options
    82,000 and Sheffield Wed still take the piss cos this how many will be locked out of their place on Sunday

:-)
  • Options
  • Options
    current gate is 22,133 we're selling over 1,000 a day currently and the last £5 game we had a walk up (sales on day) of in excess of 2,000

In a nutshell it's gona be 26,000 +
  • Options
    26, 112
  • Options
  • Options
    Under their breath? Everyone around me always gets really wound up on Football for a Fiver days, shouting abuse at the part time fans when the attendance is announced.

Probably not the best attitude, but can't say I blame them...us regulars have had to sit through some terrible stuff in recent years...

It is funny how everyone jumps on the football for a fiver bandwagon but wont bother turning up for the Colchester mid week game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

yeah i get that. joke is i do go to most games but because i havent got a season ticket i get a seat wherever avalible. which means people around me make me feel as if ive just been bused in from chatham on a rent a fan deal.
    hopefully the seat has a couple of spaces next to it so my dad can sit with me and my mate, as they have got season tickets.
    you might ask why i dont buy a season ticket. i find it cheaper this way and i'm never to sure if i'm going to be avalible for all matches.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    ...us regulars have had to sit through some terrible stuff in recent years...
    Well thats your fault really isn't it. On one hand youre promoting your dedication to CAFC - on the other you are saying the club that you love shouldnt offer promotions to win back fans and apply marketing tactics to replinish the fan base. (that dowie, pardew & parkinson lost)

You probably join in with debates about how it costs a father and son 150 plus to go to a Chelsea game, yet would also moan about it costing the same duo a mere tenner.

If you hadn't put "Us regulars" i wouldnt have been bothered, but you sound like you think you're better fans than people without a season ticket.

Football for a fiver is brilliant, and thoroughly looking forward to it. I'll be waving my ticket in the "regulars" direction too... enjoy the game!
    Well I suppose my decision to keep going is "my fault" - but I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not personally against football for a fiver or similar initiatives (I've got 6 extra people coming this time around). And I'm very proud that my season ticket costs a fraction of the cost of one at the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, etc.

I don't really know what being a "better fan" than someone else entails. I would probably say I'm a "better fan" than someone going along for the first time on Saturday, although I certainly hope they'll keep coming, and maybe eventually end up going to more games than me. I'm sure loads of people on here think they are "better fans" than me because they go to away games outside London. To be honest, I don't really care either way. Its not really a competition.

I'm looking forward to a day out with my extra 6 guests on Saturday. What I do resent slightly is the mild hysteria from those in charge of the club, who risk alienating those of us who do attend regularly by emphasising what a MASSIVE difference these extra people make to the players.

Its a bit like having a sibling turn up for the first time in twenty years to a family christmas dinner that you always go to and having your parents declare that its much better than when its just you!
  • Options

It is funny how everyone jumps on the football for a fiver bandwagon but wont bother turning up for the Colchester mid week game.

Football for a fiver is on a Saturday which, apart from the obvious cost benefit, makes a big difference.

I've been to every home midweek league game so far but it requires a lot of logistical juggling to get there as I live 30 plus miles from The Valley and also work 30 plus miles from home in a different direction.

I'd guess I'm not the only person in this situation and not everyone can do it every time. I will try to complete my 23 home league matches but if I get a work deadline or am sent somewhere a long way from The Valley I'll be missing midweek games too.
  • Options

I just hope I haven't got the Belmarsh day release group around me lie I did last game.
  • Options

This has really annoyed me. Maybe before you judge you should start to think of different situations people are in.

I will be there on Saturday, as it happens I was going because it was the first and only opportunity I have had for a long time due to home commitments, just happens to be the fiver game.

I had a season ticket for years and went to almost all the away games I could during that time, in fact I've been to nearly 50 grounds (not bad for a 30 year old). I continued to buy a season ticket after my first child was born, I attended away games 9 months pregnant. I took my baby from 2 months old, then had another one and still kept my season ticket even though I couldn't go much. Then had another child and had to give it up, then had my forth child with severe special needs and had to give up going altogether.

The opportunity has arrived for the first time in 4 years for me and my daughter to FINALLY go to a game. I was on cloud nine. Until I read this crap. Define loyalty! define regular! Define part-time!
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited February 2012
    Yeah i had a season ticket through both relegations up until this season and watched all the dross, but couldn't afford it this season so just go when there are offers on and have been pretty lucky with them this season. Not every 'extra' face on Saturday will be a daytripper / non-regular / inmate.
  • Options

This has really annoyed me. Maybe before you judge you should start to think of different situations people are in.

I will be there on Saturday, as it happens I was going because it was the first and only opportunity I have had for a long time due to home commitments, just happens to be the fiver game.

I had a season ticket for years and went to almost all the away games I could during that time, in fact I've been to nearly 50 grounds (not bad for a 30 year old). I continued to buy a season ticket after my first child was born, I attended away games 9 months pregnant. I took my baby from 2 months old, then had another one and still kept my season ticket even though I couldn't go much. Then had another child and had to give it up, then had my forth child with severe special needs and had to give up going altogether.

The opportunity has arrived for the first time in 4 years for me and my daughter to FINALLY go to a game. I was on cloud nine. Until I read this crap. Define loyalty! define regular! Define part-time!
    See my response to JuniorRed80 - but it sounds like your problem with my post isn't that there is a perceived difference between "regular" and "part-time" fans, but that you might get mistaken for the wrong kind!

But I'm sorry if my post ruined your day. I hope you and your daughter enjoy the game, and that we are all 3 points better off by Saturday evening!

• Options
    Yeah i had a season ticket through both relegations up until this season and watched all the dross, but couldn't afford it this season so just go when there are offers on and have been pretty lucky with them this season. Not every 'extra' face on Saturday will be a daytripper / non-regular / inmate.
    Should have got a loan with Wonga mate.
  • Options
    get a real buzz out of seeing the ground nearly full and it's good to see "alien" families/youngsters especially, hook a few of them and it's been worthwhile.

25, 737
  • Options

I just hope I haven't got the Belmarsh day release group around me lie I did last game.
    Trigger finger might be back though!!!