Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the Stevenage attendance.

Comments

• Options
    No chance. There will be segregation required.
  • Options
  • Options
    The attendance currently stands at just over 23,000!
  • Options
    25,425 ....... And apologise in advance to the fans not keen to see the johnny come latelys like me who have been fans and occasional season ticket holders for over 30 years. Sadly times are tough for families who are affected by the economic climate and me and my 2 kids are very very excited at being able to attend the game for £15 (plus £150 travelling costs). So who is the biggest fan, me who makes a 16 hour day out at close to the price of a cheaper season ticket or a single lad living a stones throw from the ground with no commitments and having the pleasure and excitement of being able to attend every game? Personally it matters not to me as we will have a great day out and hope everybody else who attends does too :-)
  • Options
    25,425 ....... And apologise in advance to the fans not keen to see the johnny come latelys like me who have been fans and occasional season ticket holders for over 30 years. Sadly times are tough for families who are affected by the economic climate and me and my 2 kids are very very excited at being able to attend the game for £15 (plus £150 travelling costs). So who is the biggest fan, me who makes a 16 hour day out at close to the price of a cheaper season ticket or a single lad living a stones throw from the ground with no commitments and having the pleasure and excitement of being able to attend every game? Personally it matters not to me as we will have a great day out and hope everybody else who attends does too :-)
    My sentiments exactly! with you 100% enjoy the game!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Out of interest, Whats our record attendance for a 3rd tier league game?
    I think it was 24,767 Exter 2010-11 season
    I should imagine the record stands with Jimmy Seed's Division III title winning side in 1935. Crowds were huge in those days.

Post war, we had more than 25,000 at The Valley in 1975 to clinch promotion against player-manager Bobby Charlton's Preston North End.

The celebration scenes afterwards as the crowd danced on the pitch calling for the team to come back out - they did, appearing in the directors box spraying champagne.

• Options
    26,476 :-)
  • Options
  • Options
    24300, hopefully more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on. I don’t have a season ticket but try and get to as many games as possible (8 so far this season), not easy when I live 75 miles from the ground. Often go to mid week games as they're easier to get to after work. I was really looking forward to the game on sat. A near full house will be a much better atmosphere than sitting in a half empty stand freezing my nuts off watching us play Bury or MK on a Tuesday night. However, judging by some of the comments, not being a season ticket holder clearly makes me a lesser fan and obviously something of a w*nker. Therefore, I probably shouldn't bother turning up as the Valley is obviously the exclusive preserve of season ticket holders.
  • Options
    75032 (I might be 50000 or so off the mark).
  • Options
    The more the merrier
  • Options
    Less than 12,000 to watch us lose our unbeaten home record and go on a win less streak that will see us drop out of the play off picture altogether.

Sorry ......... wrong thread.
  • Options
    All non season ticket holders should be fitted with a fairweather identification helmet at the turnstyles that can only be removed on leaving.
    20mins early !!!!!

• Options
    Spot on. I don’t have a season ticket but try and get to as many games as possible (8 so far this season), not easy when I live 75 miles from the ground. Often go to mid week games as they're easier to get to after work. I was really looking forward to the game on sat. A near full house will be a much better atmosphere than sitting in a half empty stand freezing my nuts off watching us play Bury or MK on a Tuesday night. However, judging by some of the comments, not being a season ticket holder clearly makes me a lesser fan and obviously something of a w*nker. Therefore, I probably shouldn't bother turning up as the Valley is obviously the exclusive preserve of season ticket holders.
    Would like to point out I'm a season ticket holder and I definitely do not think with that attitude it's nice to see more people get involved and possibly gain more fans! Plus a 20k+ attendance always ups the atmosphere!
  • Options

Me too, see you in the Lib Webby (if it isn't packed out)
  • Options
    Funny how all of a sudden lots of people have family comiments when we are in league one, pretty sure if we were in the Barclays Premier League these family comiments wouldn't exist and people would of a sudden turn up when Man united or Arsenal roll in to town.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Funny how all of a sudden lots of people have family comiments when we are in league one, pretty sure if we were in the Barclays Premier League these family comiments wouldn't exist and people would of a sudden turn up when Man united or Arsenal roll in to town
    Why do some of you post without thinking or are you just a child?
  • Options
    Child i would think from a comment like that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Oops sorry - wrong thread. I thought this was the OwlsTalk thread guessing the attendance for the MASSIVE game on Sunday.
  • Options
    If the weather is kind, I think it will be big - around the 25k mark.
  • Options
    I bought 8 yesterday, so I've done my bit.
    Have to sit in the A block though, it'll feel wrong but I'm doing it for Charlton so it'll be bearable!
    :D
  • Options
  • Options
    gona be a jug day in the lib on sat me thinks, as its gona be ram a lam a ding dong..
  • Options

Me too, see you in the Lib Webby (if it isn't packed out)
    I'll be ok as bringing my sister, she is happy to que up for the beers while I have a natter - It did seem however that the back bar seemed to get served much quicker, is this a clique only bar? :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Funny how all of a sudden lots of people have family comiments when we are in league one, pretty sure if we were in the Barclays Premier League these family comiments wouldn't exist and people would of a sudden turn up when Man united or Arsenal roll in to town.
    There are some threads on here that make you glad to me a charlton supporter and glad to be part of this forum. Then there's this one that has a group of twats trying to make some of us feel guilty for wanting to watch a game of football because we have been unable for a variety of reasons. You really are a tool, get a life and grow up I have given my heart and soul to this club for many years as have many other non-season ticket holders and will not be put down by a knob like you.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Webby, yes, the young cliquers like plaayer, WSS, AFKA, Ketman (not really that young), Glass Half Empty, etc etc sit right by the bar in the room with the stage.

• Options
    I don't mind these jonny come latelys buying a few cheap tickets to support the team but coming into the Lib and causing massive queues is a step too far!
  • Options
    I don't mind these jonny come latelys buying a few cheap tickets to support the team but coming into the Lib and causing massive queues is a step too far!
    Typical. Lib used to be a nice quiet place until about three years ago when you and the other riff-raff/JCLs left the bugle and started bringing the tone down.

Place hasn't been the same since

: - )