Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the Stevenage attendance.

Comments

• Options
    ...us regulars have had to sit through some terrible stuff in recent years...
    Well thats your fault really isn't it. On one hand youre promoting your dedication to CAFC - on the other you are saying the club that you love shouldnt offer promotions to win back fans and apply marketing tactics to replinish the fan base. (that dowie, pardew & parkinson lost)

You probably join in with debates about how it costs a father and son 150 plus to go to a Chelsea game, yet would also moan about it costing the same duo a mere tenner.

If you hadn't put "Us regulars" i wouldnt have been bothered, but you sound like you think you're better fans than people without a season ticket.

Football for a fiver is brilliant, and thoroughly looking forward to it. I'll be waving my ticket in the "regulars" direction too... enjoy the game!
    I totally agree with the above post, on the basis of it being a fiver for a ticket - I've got my girlfriends parents and my parents both coming to their first ever football match and afterwards going into town for a nice meal, but I guess I should tell them to expect to be shouted at by season ticket holders as I didn't pay full price for their tickets.
  • Options
    All non season ticket holders should be fitted with a fairweather identification helmet at the turnstyles that can only be removed on leaving.
  • Options

I just hope I haven't got the Belmarsh day release group around me lie I did last game.
    Trigger finger might be back though!!!
    Red army, blap
    red army brrruuuup
  • Options
    Yeah i had a season ticket through both relegations up until this season and watched all the dross, but couldn't afford it this season so just go when there are offers on and have been pretty lucky with them this season. Not every 'extra' face on Saturday will be a daytripper / non-regular / inmate.
    Should have got a loan with Wonga mate.

I did, that's the problem !
  • Options

I just hope I haven't got the Belmarsh day release group around me lie I did last game.
    Trigger finger might be back though!!!
    Red army, blap
    red army brrruuuup
  • Options

I'm looking forward to a day out with my extra 6 guests on Saturday. What I do resent slightly is the mild hysteria from those in charge of the club, who risk alienating those of us who do attend regularly by emphasising what a MASSIVE difference these extra people make to the players.

Its a bit like having a sibling turn up for the first time in twenty years to a family christmas dinner that you always go to and having your parents declare that its much better than when its just you!

Got it in one, By no means does it make us 'regulars' better fans but we are the ones who turn up every weekend to support the lads
  • Options
    Can I ask that all the newer fans sit/stand in their own seats... it's annoying having to kick people out your seat each week.

Just remember..... no standing, and ALWAYS just say sorry!
  • Options
    I normally end up in a different seat to my usual for this sort of day as i let the kids i've got tickets for sit in our usual positions and therefore i probably am assumed to bea newcomer / fairweather / scum but i really couldn't care less. The more the merrier if you ask me and long may it continue until we no longer need to entice newcomers. Anybody getting all precious about being a season ticket holder should take a look at why they do it. If you feel like a martyr then try something else.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It cost me 240 quid to guarantee my seat and save me the hassle of queuing for a ticket, if club decides to let people in for free as long they arn't in my seat it dont matter to me. If I didnt like it, I wouldnt buy a season ticket and I'd go and sit with Plaaayer and all my day release friends ; )

• Options
    edited February 2012

I'm looking forward to a day out with my extra 6 guests on Saturday. What I do resent slightly is the mild hysteria from those in charge of the club, who risk alienating those of us who do attend regularly by emphasising what a MASSIVE difference these extra people make to the players.

Its a bit like having a sibling turn up for the first time in twenty years to a family christmas dinner that you always go to and having your parents declare that its much better than when its just you!

Dear oh dear. What hysteria? In fact, what statement from the club can you actually quote in support of this? I think the club's stated position is the more the better. Every game. Not just this one.

Personally I disagree with the club. If you took away the 10% whose main kick is to boo and slag off , you'd actually have a better atmosphere, but they can't say that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am just quoting it mate, I think the person who posted it had a fair point, problem is if you took away those 10% of supporters who turn up every weekend you take away the heart of the club and end up with the fans who turn up when CAFC are top of the league or certain promtions which are layed on by the club
  • Options
    23 455...Hey cheap seats work. Doesnt bother me in the slightest.And a lot of people cant afford season tickets so are grateful for the occasional cheap seat. Hope they get a good game and enjoy it.
  • Options
  • Options
    getting back to the orignal thread i am going for over 25000
  • Options
    23,861 - FACT
  • Options
    27,111 only about 5 blocks left so why not
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If I didnt like it, I wouldnt buy a season ticket and I'd go and sit with Plaaayer and all my day release friends ; )
    lol Ray ha ha.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    You're not going then, cafcnorth7.....?

;o)
  • Options
    Out of interest, Whats our record attendance for a 3rd tier league game?
  • Options
    You're not going then, cafcnorth7.....?

;o)
    No I'll be there dont have to worry about that

• Options
    The only problem with this type of offer is that I am used to using the row behind me to put my rucksack down and serve my tea from. However, I have to balance this against wanting the Valley full too capacity. I think my deal with the club for MY entertainment is fair and I am happy for them to earn as much as they can from these offers. All I ask is - can we please get out of this shit league. Nothing else matters.
  • Options
    More than 20k wil be great!
  • Options
  • Options
    Out of interest, Whats our record attendance for a 3rd tier league game?
    I think it was 24,767 Exter 2010-11 season
  • Options
    25,411 and the lucky black cat who appaered last nite. Although he's obviously not that lucky.
  • Options
  • Options