Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Wonder .... Its Only a Fiver!

I couldn't believe it today , when i went into the loo before the match started , bloke in their was moaning to his mate that there was no hot water to wash his hands with . he said ' No wonder its only a fiver' .... glad he's a regular :-0,

Not sure whether he'll come back though... any other daft comments from fans today?

Comments

• Options
    You cant please some people.
    Charlton Athletic probably the finest fooball club in the world.
  • Options
    Old bloke in Lib. "I was at the Aston Villa 75,000 game"
    Me "you're not that old"
    Him "I am, I'm in my 70s"
    Me "that game was in 1937"
    him "maybe it was 71,000"

• Options
    There was a kid wearing a Chelsea shirt, which i thought was a bit disrespectful.
  • Options
    A few Celtic shirts as well. Still, its money from their pocket into our club.
  • Options
    Bloke behind me in upper west asked his companion:
    Is this game live on tv today?

• Options
    The hordes of early leavers annoyed me, i think we were back down to 16,000 by the final whistle.

• Options
    Bloke to my right didn't join in with cafc or any clapping but got excited by shouting fiiiiiish when the ball went out of play and it came up on the screen. (It wasn't @les_says either before any smart arses respond)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So many bits of clothing from other clubs, it was un real.
  • Options
    Woman in front of me came back to her seat at half time when JJ was on the pitch and getting applauded. Asked her old man if Charlton had scored.
  • Options
    Bloke behind me with a Fulham tattoo on his forearm, thought he could have had an amputation before the game.

All seriousness, lots of people seemed to not know what they should be doing, massive queue in Upper West for gents out side, when you got in it was emptier than normal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw a kid in a RVP Arsenal shirt...
  • Options
    Me "you're not that old"

Brilliant! Did you enjoy that?
  • Options
    Me "you're not that old"

Brilliant! Did you enjoy that?
    Thanks Chirpy, just won me £20. Conversation never happened but someone on here who was in the Lib today bet me I couldnt get a "typical unfunny chirpy response in less than a hour"

Some people just never let you down as they are so predictable.

*back to ignore mode*

• Options
    Henry behave ;-)
  • Options
    Ouch. That's gonna hurt.
  • Options
    So what if kids are wearing Arsenal or Chelsea shirts? The important thing is that they were at The Valley and may continue to be there for years to come....
  • Options
    Think when i went as a 9 or 10 yr old to my first charlton game with my charlton supporting dad i was a glory hunting sod and liverpool "fan". Game was Liverpool at selhurst on Ronnie Rosenthal's debut and they mullered us but from that day on I was fully converterted to Charlton because i was in awe of the passion of our crowd and my dad explained how much more it meant supporting "your" club no matter how successful rather than just following the successful team of the day.

Great advice and wouldnt change being charlton for the world.

Hopefully some Chelsea/ arsenal clad kids there today will learn this lesson and rather than looking for the chelsea result on MOTD might stay up to watch our highlights.

It's hard....like telling a horny 20 yr old to swerve the glamourous yet utterly shallow supermodel he's chasing and crack on with the less easy on the eye girl next door who will make his life better in every way more than the doris with the pins up to her plastic tits ever could.
  • Options

It's hard....like telling a horny 20 yr old to swerve the glamourous yet utterly shallow supermodel he's chasing and crack on with the less easy on the eye girl next door who will make his life better in every way more than the doris with the pins up to her plastic tits ever could.
    Hahaha classic!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Agree with Rodney. I was a glory hunting Ipswich fan when I first came. I know that sounds unbelievable, but people of a certain age will know when i'm talking about. My third game was a 3-2 defeat to Ipswich (FA Cup). I wore my Ipswich scarf to the game, but by the second half I had undergone the conversion - I had become a Charlton supporter.
  • Options
    Who gives a fuck the club has earned a small fortune today.

Happy days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the people next to and infront of me didnt even stand up when we scored...what is the point
  • Options
    I completely agree with RodneyCharltonTrotta, but surely people can wear other clothes with no other teams' logos on to a Charlton match ?
  • Options
    Me "you're not that old"

That was me Henry - just havin a laugh with you - nothing personal.

It was 71,000 wasnt it?
  • Options

swiss tony

• Options

Rodney Charlton/Liverpool Twotta said:

Think when i went as a 9 or 10 yr old to my first charlton game with my charlton supporting dad i was a glory hunting sod and liverpool "fan".
    Excellent parenting !

I was at the game too with my old man, Liverpool played in grey, had a Charlton scarf on and Junior Reds membership card.

Anyway, no obtuse comments from NWQ, shame the South Stand fivers couldnt even muster a chant aimed at the stevenage. Any kind of justiculation would have sufficed!!
  • Options
    A bloke on 606 was complaining that to have gone to see Gillingham today with his son would have cost £35 so he took him to the cinema instead. Shame he didn't get him and his lad up to the Valley.

It was fantastic to see the ground so full and a performance to match the hype.
  • Options
    £9.99 for a full kit for my4 yr old

£15 for blue away shirt for my 15 yr old

£15 to watch top quality

And some Mug moans about cold water ffs go support palace
  • Options
    A bloke on 606 was complaining that to have gone to see Gillingham today with his son would have cost £35 so he took him to the cinema instead. Shame he didn't get him and his lad up to the Valley.

At least it shows the potential is there , i reckon the Hartlepool tickets @ £10? will sell like hotcakes , as people will want to see us parade the trophy :-0

Well done by the way Ledge.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    £9.99 for a full kit for my4 yr old

£15 for blue away shirt for my 15 yr old

£15 to watch top quality

Love it. This is what Charlton's all about. Despite the odd report of a fan of another team coming to today's game (and who cares if they did, it's all money in our pocket) it's these stories that I love. I believe that the majority of the 25,000+ in the Charlton ends today are Addick, some of whom may have not been able to come for a while for various reasons, but their all welcome at our Valley.
  • Options
    Brought along my brother in law - a scottish rangers fan (he could be a convert!!), his 8 year old (more interested in his phone than the football) and a mate who is a palace fan (no chance of converting). Every penny counts.