Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Wonder .... Its Only a Fiver!

Comments

• Options
    That quote didnt quite work !!
    I was in the South stand on Saturday - there were a lot of chants at Stevenage and generally through the afternoon - especially after we scored, I was quite impressed. The north stand however sounded surprisingly quiet. This is not a criticism of the north as I have sat there for our last few games and loved the singing and atmoosphere, and is where I will be heading back to in future, and I am also sure it was even more vibrant on saturday as it was full, but it does show that the acoustics at the valley can play some tricks.

Also well done to Stevenage fans, their football was rubbish but I thought their singing was really good.
  • Options
    I was on Tuesday Len, cooking pancakes on my AGA!
  • Options
    I was on Tuesday Len, cooking pancakes on my AGA!
    Definately middle class!

• Options
    That quote didnt quite work !!
    I was in the South stand on Saturday - there were a lot of chants at Stevenage and generally through the afternoon - especially after we scored, I was quite impressed. The north stand however sounded surprisingly quiet. This is not a criticism of the north as I have sat there for our last few games and loved the singing and atmoosphere, and is where I will be heading back to in future, and I am also sure it was even more vibrant on saturday as it was full, but it does show that the acoustics at the valley can play some tricks.

Also well done to Stevenage fans, their football was rubbish but I thought their singing was really good.
    It's the acoustics i think. NU sounded loud when i was sat there whereas i couldnt hear a lot of noise from the JS all game really.

Doesnt travel too well when it is just the 2 ends making noise.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I sit right on the half way line in West Upper so I get to hear the sound perfectly in the centre.....I can verify that the acoustics from the Jimmy Seed do come across as louder than North Lower & Upper.
  • Options
    Do you 2 not realise how sad it is 2 middle aged men having this petty squabble on a football forum like a pair of 7 year old girls in the playground?

Pull yourselves together it's embarrassing.
    Promise I'm going to do my very best to ignore him from now on Rodney......not going to be easy but at least I'm going to try my best.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Was in the North with family this time, noise was good as was the singing, but what was going on with VFR, its never that fast is it?
    Also, while I enjoyed the atmosphere I have come to realise I am way to short to be in row R of the lower North. That or when did everyone become so bloody tall? Going back to the east stand so I can see the game :-(
  • Options
    One for @northstandsteve when the fish came along and people started yelling "fish"... the bloke behind said: "Ive seen it all now".

think he was a Chelsea fan.

• Options
    On the Coach yesterday we picked up a group of about 6 adults and 6 kids that I hadn't seen before, obviously made possible by the £5 price and good luck to them.

I am sure that there is good potential for regularly attracting kids in the glory shirts who can't afford to actually watch their heroes live, all the while we have empty seats. There is a much bigger thrill about arriving at a Stadium, looking at the crowds, hearing the noise etc, than there is just sitting at home. This is certainly the time to take advantage of the opportunity, why not mail out vouchers to Schools, not too expensive but could be very productive.
  • Options
    Bloke to my right didn't join in with cafc or any clapping but got excited by shouting fiiiiiish when the ball went out of play and it came up on the screen. (It wasn't @les_says either before any smart arses respond)
    He rightfully so should have got excited. Excellent advert...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Other than having some people sitting in our seats when we came up at 2:55, no problem with anyone there!
  • Options
    funniest thing of the day was watching the bar staff in the north upper trying to open my bottle of fosters, 3 had a go before they had to call someone from the food end to pop it open.
  • Options
    The catering just gets worse and worse that's my only complaint. My daughter wanted a hot dog without onions they gave her one with and had to change it. They gave me a cheese burger I asked them to put a few onions in it, they took it away and gave it back to me with onions but without the burger, then after telling them they put the burger back (the same one) the burger was cold and the bun was hard and crispy (I'm guessing stale). Never again will I eat there. My daughter will though, she quite liked the hot dog!
  • Options
    The catering just gets worse and worse that's my only complaint. My daughter wanted a hot dog without onions they gave her one with and had to change it. They gave me a cheese burger I asked them to put a few onions in it, they took it away and gave it back to me with onions but without the burger, then after telling them they put the burger back (the same one) the burger was cold and the bun was hard and crispy (I'm guessing stale). Never again will I eat there. My daughter will though, she quite liked the hot dog!
    There's no pleasing some people. What's wrong with a good old fashioned onion burger ;)

• Options
    There's no pleasing some people. What's wrong with a good old fashioned onion burger ;)

they call it a McYann

• Options
    They gave me a cheese burger I asked them to put a few onions in it, they took it away and gave it back to me with onions but without the burger,
    That just made me laugh hard.
  • Options
    Have you got something a little less.......ducky?
  • Options
    One for @northstandsteve when the fish came along and people started yelling "fish"... the bloke behind said: "Ive seen it all now".

think he was a Chelsea fan.

Interesting
  • Options
    spanish people. far too many spanish people.

not in general, but at the valley on saturday.
  • Options

Alonso? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I guess they came looking to see Alonso in action .... they weren't the only ones who were disappointed! :-0

• Options

I guess they came looking to see Alonso in action .... they weren't the only ones who were disappointed! :-0

I did feel our midfield was missing something. : )
  • Options

I had about 4 or 5 Germans behind me. Must be doing wonders for our international fan base!
  • Options
    Bought the Dutch fellas in the Lib a jug of Fosters before I left Saturday, they were quite mental!
  • Options

Also, while I enjoyed the atmosphere I have come to realise I am way to short to be in row R of the lower North. That or when did everyone become so bloody tall? :-(
    I was in row R, Lower North, am 6'2" but couldn't see much because the guys in row RR were huge. Glad they don't come every game.
  • Options

Also, while I enjoyed the atmosphere I have come to realise I am way to short to be in row R of the lower North. That or when did everyone become so bloody tall? :-(
    I was in row R, Lower North, am 6'2" but couldn't see much because the guys in row RR were huge. Glad they don't come every game.
    I am also in row R NL (legs far too long for anywhere else) and I had a great view, though my girlfriend ended up standing on her seat to see in the first half
  • Options

I am also in row R NL (legs far too long for anywhere else) and I had a great view, though my girlfriend ended up standing on her seat to see in the first half
    How old is she? 5? ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I was in RR. Hope it wasn't us blocking you. The bloke behind my dad did keep asking him to put his arm down as he couldn't see..
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Harharhar

she's 20, but she is only 5 foot!
  • Options
    I gave a spare ticket away to a bloke outside the north upper and the guy that turned up in the seat was a Polish bloke with a polish team scarf on ...... He seemed to enjoy himself though so all good I suppose.