Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Wonder .... Its Only a Fiver!

Comments

• Options
    Some people can't afford to make games with there family, what I love is the fact you can bing the family at a affordable rate.
  • Options
    Its not really money in our pocket @ £5 a head but it is the potential of converting these kids. Of course it would never happen that is unless you support the chelsea team of the early 70's and come to the Valley and enjoy it so much that you suddenly realise you know more about Charlton than Chelsea, 40 years later you are spending a Saturday evening on a Charlton message board
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Its not really money in our pocket @ £5 a head but it is the potential of converting these kids. Of course it would never happen that is unless you support the chelsea team of the early 70's and come to the Valley and enjoy it so much that you suddenly realise you know more about Charlton than Chelsea, 40 years later you are spending a Saturday evening on a Charlton message board
    Fair play to you Kap10 and RCT (Liverpool) for coming out of the closet tonight. It takes a man to admit he was wrong! Lets be honest you are much more rounded as an individual and Charlton fan by learning about the ups and downs of life than winning all those trophies and ending up a bad loser.
  • Options
    Man in front of me had not been to Charlton for 35 years. Bought his son in law and two grandchildren. Son in law was a Liverpool suporter but said he would come again with his kids as such a friendly club. Man himself has not been coming as plays footie himself, and now 51! slowing up a bit but looked still quick enough to improve the Millwall back four. Probably do a job. We know from the 10k idea this works and this was a great day out even if you do not love CHarlton already. It is a no brainer to me. If footie supporters are encouraged to come for whatever reason and bring kids - their kids will end up CAFC supporters if they enjoy their day. Also like to report that despite my concerns articulated on earlier post, my flask survived the encounter and like Charlton - delivered.
  • Options
    Man in front of me had not been to Charlton for 35 years. Bought his son in law and two grandchildren. Son in law was a Liverpool suporter but said he would come again with his kids as such a friendly club. Man himself has not been coming as plays footie himself, and now 51! slowing up a bit but looked still quick enough to improve the Millwall back four. Probably do a job. We know from the 10k idea this works and this was a great day out even if you do not love CHarlton already. It is a no brainer to me. If footie supporters are encouraged to come for whatever reason and bring kids - their kids will end up CAFC supporters if they enjoy their day. Also like to report that despite my concerns articulated on earlier post, my flask survived the encounter and like Charlton - delivered.
    How much did he pay for the son-in-law and grandchildren?!!!!!!
  • Options

It's hard....like telling a horny 20 yr old to swerve the glamourous yet utterly shallow supermodel he's chasing and crack on with the less easy on the eye girl next door who will make his life better in every way more than the doris with the pins up to her plastic tits ever could.
    Or half the people on here judging by their comments on some of the "Would ya's"...
  • Options
    Charlton are going places again. I get the same feeling when we were on the up in the Curbs/Gritt era.
    Early days but lots of good stuff to come in the next few years,or maybe more.
  • Options
    Agree with Rodney. I was a glory hunting Ipswich fan when I first came. I know that sounds unbelievable, but people of a certain age will know when i'm talking about. My third game was a 3-2 defeat to Ipswich (FA Cup). I wore my Ipswich scarf to the game, but by the second half I had undergone the conversion - I had become a Charlton supporter.
    That was the game where Eric Gates dived in to the penalty area from way outside when dear old Les Berry tackled him and the ref gave it to scupper the replay we thought we'd earned.

• Options
    £9.99 for a full kit for my4 yr old

£15 for blue away shirt for my 15 yr old

£15 to watch top quality
    Priceless!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It isn't just the gate money but the spend in the ground- sure the club did very well out of yesterday. Was a good game to help convert the unconverted too.
  • Options
    Dad and Son walking up Charlton Church lane. Son suggesting that since Kermorgant had 0 shots on goal, we should get Gonzalo Higuaín in on loan!
  • Options
    Dad and Son walking up Charlton Church lane. Son suggesting that since Kermorgant had 0 shots on goal, we should get Gonzalo Higuaín in on loan!
    he may have a point ;-) we should listen to the youth of today...

How good was Kerm ...excellent
  • Options
    Had some kids leave to get food before half time, making everyone get up, then come back just before half time.. Then went to get more at half time and got back just after half time....

8 people sitting together in the row in front left in the... Wait for it... 72nd minute.
  • Options
    had a guy give me the third degree, north stand lower E & F block, As the stevenage players walked off at half time i shouted at them to find out if they were going to bore me again in the second half. This block from F block asked me if i came often? he then gave it large about he wasnt bored and that i should shut up!!!! i did tell him i am here and that i have a season ticket!! on his way back down he started again ( i was staring at him) in the end i told him to sit down and reminded him he had a big mouth!! my comment was to the Stevenage players, i told them as i saw it that they bored the arse of me first half...apparantly i was not allowed an opinion!!! well big man, you know who you are, just calm you r Timmy tantrums as next time i may well not be your "sunshine" but more your Black Knight..
  • Options
    As I went with a mate who brought his young daughter to her first game, I had to sacrifice my usual seat in the north-upper to sit with the happy clappers in the west. Kept looking over to the covered end with envy.

Got pissed of when the family who were sitting behind us kept asking stupid questions "why is there a cat and dog on the pitch?", "how long is the half-time break?" etc. The final straw was when they decided it was time to go home with 20 mins left and as they were just about to go down the tunnel to the back of the stand, we were attacking, so they just stood there blocking my view with the steward doing nothing about it until he could hear me screaming at them to get the f**k out of the way............
  • Options
    that will encourage them to come back !!! -
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Old bloke in Lib. "I was at the Aston Villa 75,000 game"
    Me "you're not that old"
    Him "I am, I'm in my 70s"
    Me "that game was in 1937"
    him "maybe it was 71,000"

Brilliant! Did you enjoy that?
    Thanks Chirpy, just won me £20. Conversation never happened but someone on here who was in the Lib today bet me I couldnt get a "typical unfunny chirpy response in less than a hour"

Some people just never let you down as they are so predictable.

*back to ignore mode*

I find your explanation quite unbelievable. I think it far more likely that you got great pleasure from statto-bullying an OAP with your exceptional historical knowledge of all things Charlton.

What a strange conversation to either genuinely have or to invent. Either way it does not paint you in a very pleasant light. Even stranger that you and your pals should wish to spend your pre-match drinking time talking about me. I'm sure it never happened.

However if it is true then I hope you donate the money to a worthy cause. Although it must be questioned as to whether you actually won the supposed bet. Personally I thought my response was funny.

Just one more thing, what does *back to ignore mode* mean? Are you some sort of robot?
  • Options
    Love to see Ben repeatedly 'slaughtering' you on here Chirpy....great stuff.
    By the way bumped into an old boss of yours a few days back in The Ramblers of all places......nice fella we had a really fun conversation!!!!!
  • Options
    I know! I'm really struggling to cope with the constant slaughtering from Benjamin, I just wish he'd stop. Mind you, rather he slaughtered me than poor old boys with fading memories.

In The Ramblers eh? Nice pub and good beer. How is the old boy? Haven't seen him for years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think when i went as a 9 or 10 yr old to my first charlton game with my charlton supporting dad i was a glory hunting sod and liverpool "fan". Game was Liverpool at selhurst on Ronnie Rosenthal's debut and they mullered us but from that day on I was fully converterted to Charlton because i was in awe of the passion of our crowd and my dad explained how much more it meant supporting "your" club no matter how successful rather than just following the successful team of the day.blockquote>

Must've been something in the Sellout Park water that night!! Was my first ever Charlton game and around the same age having "emigrated" to the smoke from Cornwall where we only knew Liverpool existed........boys get a tonking, so clearly decided that was the team for me and been hopelessly addikted ever since. COYA!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I know! I'm really struggling to cope with the constant slaughtering from Benjamin, I just wish he'd stop. Mind you, rather he slaughtered me than poor old boys with fading memories.

In The Ramblers eh? Nice pub and good beer. How is the old boy? Haven't seen him for years.
    First you coat Ben off for 'supposedly' bullying an OAP and here's me only 11 months off being one myself....better you get your digs in before January 20th 2013 Chirpy, otherwise you'll be seen to be something (or should I say even more of) a hypocryte.
    I am actually well aware and indeed quite worried at the number of mistakes I make nowadays both in the office and on this message board as a matter of fact. It's called getting old Chirpy, something that comes to all of us. I get very frustrated and a little depressed at times but I know I can always rely on you to tell me when I get it wrong..........thanks mate.
    As for your old boss............ I'm not surprised you haven't seen him for years!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Do you 2 not realise how sad it is 2 middle aged men having this petty squabble on a football forum like a pair of 7 year old girls in the playground?

Pull yourselves together it's embarrassing.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Do you 2 realise how sad it is 2 middle aged men having this petty squabble on a football forum like a pair of 7 year old girls in the playground?

I'm growing to like you Rodders I'm a few years younger than SoundAs£ so does that make me a youngster?

• Options
    Makes you "yoof" in my book DR.
  • Options
    Bloke in front of me stood up to a lot to sing - and didn't know any of the words.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Do you 2 not realise how sad it is 2 middle aged men having this petty squabble on a football forum like a pair of 7 year old girls in the playground?

It may be sad for you but to be honest I find it quite amusing. I really don't know what SASP issue is with me but he's been hounding me for sometime. He hijacked my Carling Cup thread to interrogate me about if I was there on Saturday or any other match this year. Fortunately unlike him I have a broader interest in football, sport and life than just CAFC. I have been very polite to him to be honest. Anyway I don't consider myself middle- aged, middle class yes, but not middle aged.
  • Options

Anyway, no obtuse comments from NWQ, shame the South Stand fivers couldnt even muster a chant aimed at the stevenage. Any kind of justiculation would have sufficed!!

I was in the South stand on Saturday - there were a lot of chants at Stevenage and generally through the afternoon - especially after we scored, I was quite impressed. The north stand however sounded surprisingly quiet. This is not a criticism of the north as I have sat there for our last few games and loved the singing and atmoosphere, and is where I will be heading back to in future, and I am also sure it was even more vibrant on saturday as it was full, but it does show that the acoustics at the valley can play some tricks.

Also well done to Stevenage fans, their football was rubbish but I thought their singing was really good.

• Options

It may be sad for you but to be honest I find it quite amusing. I really don't know what SASP issue is with me but he's been hounding me for sometime. I have been very polite to him to be honest. Anyway I don't consider myself middle- aged, middle class yes, but not middle aged.
    Middle class tosser Chirps? :-)
  • Options

As for your old boss............ I'm not surprised you haven't seen him for years!

Why? Has he been inside again?