Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Yeovil | 20th March 2012 | Match Preview, Predictions, Teams, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    am fed up with teams coming to The Valley and enjoying the game. we need to be at it from the off and make them worry about us, not vice-versa.

1-2.
  • Options
    Conditions are right for us to show why we are top of the league; 3-1 to us.
  • Options
    3-0 An early goal to steady the nerves with a second before half time .

Team:
    Hamer

Solly Morro Taylor Wiggins

Waggy Russell Hollands Jacko / Cook

BWP Kermigant

Subs : Sully , Cort , Stephens , Cook /Green /Jacko ,N'Guesson
  • Options
    I haven't seen anything of Hughes in all honesty but a lot of people on here think he can do a job. Has he got a chance of starting?
  • Options
    Just us winning, thats all!
  • Options
    Are you CP's next loan signing, Dan?
    You kept that secret.

;o)
    It's not got that desparate yet but CP knows i'm there for him if he needs me - to pull the strings on or off the pitch. I expect to be taken off of standby after tonight.
  • Options
    Depends whether you pronounce it "en Guessan" or "Nuh Guessan". I go for the latter.
  • Options
    We've been outbattled for long spells in Cent Mid for the last four matches. Unless we address that, it will be another struggle.
  • Options
    This is an important game in the context that if we don't win and the two Sheffields do we can officially put ourselves in worried mode. I think we are going to need that all important first goal tonight!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Man up everyone!

Very few games are ever easy but have a bit of faith in the boys. 2-0 to us and the wristslashers put their razors away for another few days.
  • Options
    Win - panic over
    Draw - nerves intensity
    Lose - As shagged as a Tunisian toyboy

Panic over, hard though but vital win
  • Options
    1-1 Morrison with both goals. Then Solly in the last minute with a 25 yard piledriver, off the crossbar and in off the keeper's back, 2-1 win and this site erupts with complaints that the goal doesn't really count as it was an own goal and therefore can't paper over the cracks that we are still rubbish. Both Sheffield's lose, we're 12 points clear and a thread starts calculating that we'd have been relegated based on the last month's form spread out over a season (if you only include the defeats).

FACT
  • Options
    Win - panic over
    Draw - nerves intensity

this

although as the game is approaching my stomach is beginning to churn up, just want tonight , promotion and this season over with ......anything less and ...............................................
  • Options
    "although as the game is approaching my stomach is beginning to churn up, just want tonight , promotion and this season over with ......anything less and ............................................... "
    This
  • Options
    This again.

Just being on 82 points would make the world seem rosy again
  • Options
    oohaahmortimer
    2:04PM
    AFKABartram said:
    Win - panic over
    Draw - nerves intensity

this

Win: Spring Wedding in Tunis
    Draw: Fun Arab romance
    Lose: Unusual STD and a nasty credit card bill
  • Options
    One word...Nervous
  • Options
    Win - panic over
    Draw - nerves intensity

Panic over, hard though but vital win
    summed up nicely...

• Options
    Need the defence back on song, and the rest will take care of itself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    That Parrett interview in the local Yeovile rag starts with ......"A loan switch to Yeovil Town following a spell at npower League One giants Charlton Athletic......."

While we're evidently not quite Massive, they do see us as a giant killing, their Cup Final.

Trust CP has got our lads roused and ready by kick off tonight.
  • Options
    What we don't need is for a 25 yard screamer to go in against us out of the blue- think the odds should be against it after the last two home games though!
  • Options
    I have a feeling on a tight game, we nick a goal 1-0 and we all go home happy and we don't hear from the steel city for awhile
  • Options
    Back to winning ways 2.0
  • Options
    Gary Johnson is a very experienced and clever football manager who will have done his homework. Yeovil are on a roll and will be going for all three points. 1-3.
  • Options
    That Parrett interview in the local Yeovile rag starts with ......"A loan switch to Yeovil Town following a spell at npower League One giants Charlton Athletic......."

While we're evidently not quite Massive, they do see us as a giant killing, their Cup Final.

Trust CP has got our lads roused and ready by kick off tonight.
    Compared to Yeovil, we are giants. In L1 there's a MASSIVE difference between the size of the clubs, if you examine resources, stadia, training grounds etc

I thought Parrett was a decent player, I imagine he'll be up for it tonight.
  • Options
    goin to be a real tough match with it going both ways before we come through and the relief will be immense

3-2 home win
  • Options
    2-0 win tight first half with us on the backfoot for most of it late goal from BWP to calm the nerves. 2nd goal early in the 2nd from Taylor then we sit back and soak up the pressure a few scares but a hard fought win and back on track COYR
  • Options
    Charlton 2-0 Novil
    Or another score.
    I can't think straight.
  • Options
    Probably a tighter game than I'm hoping for (in charlton's favour of course) and I never thought I'd be saying that our home game versus Yeovil is massive - well they're all massive from now until the end of the season, but I hope we start finding the home form that we ought to be showing for a team thats league leaders.
    Cort in for Taylor was what I would have suggested (honest), and it is indeed....