Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Shirt Sponsorship Prize Draw - List of winners on Page 2**

Comments

• Options
    Im not sure what is a fairer way to do it then as i can see a few are quite disappointed by not winning. Ive never had my name drawn by the way.

Curb It , I was joking in the Club! All the winners are very lucky all the losers, well they are not. Fantastic hard work deserves only praise, well done that Lady...
  • Options
    Dont worry, I knew you were just joking.

• Options
    Im starting to feel guilty about being a winner now
  • Options
    Give the prize to me then.
  • Options
    Give the prize to me then.
    word has it the players have had enough of you.........
  • Options
    yeah bet you are mate ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Maybe more smaller prizes like last year would help.
    That's not really the primary reason for it though. The primary reason is to help raise additional funds to benefit the club and to fill player sponsorships. The chance of winning a prize should be an additional incentive for people to get involved.

There were 33 prizes on offer this year, which is an incredible amount, and everyone has an equal chance of winning. Which is why for example, i've participated in it every year and never won a prize, yet someone else has won three years in the row. That's how a fair draw goes.

-------

Thanks once again to everyone who participated in this, and i know the club are also extremely grateful for the support we have managed to provide.

A special thanks however to Curb It, who does a fantastic job having to organise it, chase people etc

I think what he was getting at is smaller prizes like consolations really, cafc key rings. pencils etc or CL badges just to shut up those miserable people that never win lol. I think a fiver or so spent on a few consolation prizes would be quite nice just because it adds to the fun. However @Curb_it it is right it would be more work for her and she does a great job and works very hard already bless her.
  • Options
    If it aint broke... ive been in the hat since we started doing this and havnt won anything, am i boverd... err no. its all about for me seing our name in the programme and on the big screen and being a part of the club.
  • Options
    I was hoping to win a gnome, but as I don't have a garden it's probably a good thing I didn't! Won two prizes last year though :-)

Well done Curb_It for the excellent organisation (and stress with Excel spreadsheets!).
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Worth remembering that there was a bit extra over the cost of the 8th shirt and that some of it went on small prizes but some of it also went to the Upbeats team.

@Curb_it has done a great job. Having done it myself (less successfully) before her I know how much time and thought she's spent getting it this good. It's a great advert for CL and something that brings together fans from all over the world whether they win a prize or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rigged
  • Options
    Im starting to feel guilty about being a winner now
    A "winner" in this context, perhaps - but it's all relative.
    ;o)
  • Options
    That reminds me, @curb_it , I will drop those bottles of wine round on my way to the game on Monday. Thanks ;-)
  • Options
    We all had a rough idea of how many of us had chipped in and we knew the prize list so its obvious not everyone will be a winner.

Curb_it has done a great job from start to finish with this and deserves nothing but praise.
  • Options
    We all had a rough idea of how many of us had chipped in and we knew the prize list so its obvious not everyone will be a winner.

Curb_it has done a great job from start to finish with this and deserves nothing but praise.
    THIS!

• Options
    Just to add that I was joking when I said about being disappointed. No need to change anything for next year. Was superbly run and already have my fingers crossed for next year!
  • Options
    ^ that.
  • Options
    Absolutely delighted to win the directors' seats. Many thanks to @Curb_it for organising.

Haven't decided which game to take them for yet, but will let you all know how it goes.
  • Options
    I witnessed the draw, if you didn't you were lucky. It was a tense nervous occasion that only the strongest could have withstood. Luckily, I'm strong. The joy that I saw on the cherubic little faces as their name was pulled out of the Tea cosy (red and white in colour) was worth millions.

Curb it, you are a very fortunate person to be able to bring such joy into the lives of the lucky few.

Well done on the whole thing and please put up with my silly questions when I enter the next competition.
  • Options
    @curb_it I don't think there is any need to change anything....as others have said its a raffle...if your lucky you have a win if not you don't end of really!! As for Ooha winning 3 times, once again he bought more entries so he gets more chances......no problem at all for me......however next year I'm gonna buy more than 1 ticket.....(sponsorship amount) and if I win 2 prizes so be it.....if I dont well thats life!! Great job @curb_it lots of hard work by your good self once again
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Delighted. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for all your hard work curb it.
  • Options
    Well to Curb_it, great effort.

Disgraceful that a fair weather non-school night supporter like ooh_aah wins 3 times though.....
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this and also meeting other lifers.

For me it's about contributing what i can afford and if i win then it's an added bonus.It benefits the club and has also benefitted upbeats so well done to all who helped organise everything.
  • Options
    Well done Curb_It, and all those who contributed. Looking forward to sponsoring a new signing or two next season (and Waggy).
  • Options
    I witnessed the draw, if you didn't you were lucky. It was a tense nervous occasion that only the strongest could have withstood. Luckily, I'm strong. The joy that I saw on the cherubic little faces as their name was pulled out of the Tea cosy (red and white in colour) was worth millions.

Curb it, you are a very fortunate person to be able to bring such joy into the lives of the lucky few.

Well done on the whole thing and please put up with my silly questions when I enter the next competition.
    Nice shirt Ted: Where did You get that ?

(Well done @Curb_it again on a terrific job again).

• Options
    Don't change a damn thing!
    Jeez, you win some, you loose some. It's like sports day at school now adays where no ones allowed to loose for fear of upsetting someone.

Those who are going to the dinner, you're in for a treat. I was lucky enough to get on Jonjo's table the first year. Brilliant night, brilliant memory. Especially when I sat watching him on the telebox at the weekend & saw his dream had come true. He told us that night he wanted to play football with his hero Steven Gerrard.

Now that's what putting your money in is all about.

Curb_it you're the Billy B xxxx
  • Options

Good to meet you on Saturday Ted.
  • Options
    So come on, what the night like, what's the food like, what's the dress code etc etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Looking forward to meeting you there, Rothko - I'll be on Rhoys Wiggins' table. We can discuss the pros and cons of Pardew ;-)

It's a really smart affair - everyone gets quite dressed up. Table service/ carvery food and chance to chat with your player, then after dinner there is general mingling so you can chat to other players and other lifers if you can fight your way past all the people taking photos and getting things signed (and that's just with other Lifers...)
  • Options
    Smart casual, carvery food, all quite relaxed.