Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liam Stacey.

Comments

• Options
    Millwall online(or what ever siteit is) crew should start to worry in that case.
  • Options
    I remember looking on that Millwall site at something and one of the tags against someones name said, 'The Holocaust never happened', WTF!
  • Options
    What he said was vile and the man is an idiot , but prison? come on ! He showed his ignorance and stupidity but ruining the guy's life for a moment of drunkenness helps no one.
    Beds....he 'says' he was drunk...but is there any proof of that?
    I have my doubts.

• Options
    Grand Slam Saturday. Welsh. In Swansea.

There is a 98% chance of him being absolutely leathered from my experience.
  • Options
    Sparrow said '...he clearly never spouted those views in 'public.'
    By its very nature Twitter is 'public' and for anybody that uses it to think their views are afforded any sort of privacy or censure are more dim-witted than the thoughts they tweet.

I for one am glad the prick's in prison.
    Didn't word it correctly. What I meant was he would never air his views to anybodys face or in person, just merely hiding behind twitter thinking nobody would say anything.

• Options
    I was going to start this thread yesterday, but knew it would end up getting sunk so didn't bother.
    Me too! I wrote a paragraph and everything and just thought, "this could get messy"

What I really wanted to do was draw a comparison to this, and the many people getting upset about the casting of black people in The Huger Games.... if this kid gets 56 days, what's the standard level of offense caused by this lot? - http://jezebel.com/5896408/racist-hunger-games-fans-dont-care-how-much-money-the-movie-made

7 days in the slammer? A weekend?
  • Options

Hang the bastard..
  • Options
    I was going to start this thread yesterday, but knew it would end up getting sunk so didn't bother.
    Me too! I wrote a paragraph and everything and just thought, "this could get messy"
    Doesn't it have to though does it and so far people are discussing what is an important value in society (the right to free speech and how we put in place borders around that) in an adult way. Hopefuly that will continue.

I personally think that those advocating a community sentence, etc are missing an important part of the judical process i.e. that it needs to be seen to be done. This is a relatively new type of crime and therefore cases are both rare and newsworthy, even without factoring in the profile of it being a footballer. If we, as a society, are seen to be soft on this type of crime then where's the deterent and what's to stop the next racist moron, drunk or not, coming on here for example spouting this sort of bile with little regard for the impact of their actions?
  • Options
    Can't see a problem why this guys doing time , don't go on twitter if you've been drinking and don't say anything on there you wouldn't say to someone's face.
  • Options
    If this sets the trend, I can see thousands of posters on sikipedia doing time...............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't it have to though does it and so far people are discussing what is an important value in society (the right to free speech and how we put in place borders around that) in an adult way. Hopefuly that will continue.
    Yeah I think that went without saying - I only said it could... as it often has in the past... I was more concerned about starting a thread that might cause the Mods some hassle.
  • Options
    Stop worrying yourself Jimmy.
  • Options
    If this sets the trend, I can see thousands of posters on sikipedia doing time...............
    That's a really fair point. There are plenty of outwardly-offensive sites available that have equally as nasty messages on them as Twitter. Maybe it takes a minor celebrity (in this instance Stan Collymore) to grab the attention.
  • Options
    Is being drunk a defence now, then? 'It was ABH your honour but I'm pleading drunkenness'. How on earth would anyone ever be charged with drink driving?

I don't buy the free speech angle when it is vile abuse (racist or otherwise) aimed at an individual. And especially not when it is broadcast on a public forum like Twitter. He's not making a point about society, he's not fighting for a civil right, he's broadcasting ignorant, aggressive, confrontational, racist views on a public forum for no other reason than his own kicks. He got what was coming to him.

On a more general point, if comments posted below internet news stories or YouTube videos are an insight into the state of the nation then God help us all.
  • Options
    How much did Diane Abbot get in prison ?
    How much did the muslims 'girls' who tried to kill somoene for being white in Leicester(?) get ?
    How much has EVERY 'Muslim Hate Cleric' in England been inprisoned got for inciting people to kill 'non believers' ?

And for the people saying it's good he's been jailed, Considering we're always told that jails are overcrowded and paedos and rapists etc walk free. Wouldn't it have been ALOT easier to get him to do some high profile anti racism work or something because I would rather have a young lad from a uni who acted a tw@t on Twitter on the streets rather than paedophiles or would be terrorists!
  • Options
    Hi SE10
  • Options
    Is being drunk a defence now, then? 'It was ABH your honour but I'm pleading drunkenness'. How on earth would anyone ever be charged with drink driving?
    For some people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html

• Options
    This case just underlines the unclear nature of freedom of speech in modern england.

Just this week i was in a bus queue in woolwich when a bus appeared and the now normal bundle to get on started.
    A well spoken and dressed old white lady stated loudly "we have queued in this country for decades. Where has every ones respect gone"...Immediate response from one of the bundlers was predictable "RACIST".

I pondered all the way home on the bus was this really "RACISM"... things are becoming blurred.

As for this Liam Muppet could he have said what he did on a box at hyde park corner without prosecution? He's obviously not the brightest spark but if that's illegal we'd better starting building more prisons fast as the national IQ is in decline.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    A well spoken and dressed old white lady stated loudly "we have queued for decades.
    Must have been a really long wait for that bus :)
  • Options

Free the old Woolwich ladies...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we're now getting jailed for being stupid on Twitter it's no wonder that more and more footballers are withdrawing from social media.
  • Options
    so SE10, which if any of the tweets that he made that night, do you find unacceptable?
  • Options
    dont think thats what he is saying. he's saying it seems like its one rule for one...and where do we draw the line?
  • Options
    dont think thats what he is saying. he's saying it seems like its one rule for one...and where do we draw the line?
    when's he going to give us the answers though?
  • Options
    6.15 tuesday
  • Options
    And soooo, the end is near.....
  • Options
    so SE10, which if any of the tweets that he made that night, do you find unacceptable?
    All however I don't think any are worthy of a jail sentence otherwise there would be people being jailed every day for what they say on the internet.
  • Options
    when's he going to give us the answers though?
    earlier than i thought
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    This case just underlines the unclear nature of freedom of speech in modern england.

Just this week i was in a bus queue in woolwich when a bus appeared and the now normal bundle to get on started.
    A well spoken and dressed old white lady stated loudly "we have queued in this country for decades. Where has every ones respect gone"...Immediate response from one of the bundlers was predictable "RACIST".

I pondered all the way home on the bus was this really "RACISM"... things are becoming blurred.

As for this Liam Muppet could he have said what he did on a box at hyde park corner without prosecution? He's obviously not the brightest spark but if that's illegal we'd better starting building more prisons fast as the national IQ is in decline.
    For someone to construe what she said as racist, clearly shows they are concious of the way certain ethnic minorities may behave nowadays.

I'd have said it's more a comment about the changing culture between young & old and the world we live in...queueing is/was an English thing, not a colour thing, just look at the tubes, all colours & nationalities bundling on, now the English have had to fight fire with fire! (However, the black young & middle aged women who get on the front 4 carriages at Hither Green in the morning are VERY aggressive!)

• Options
    Modern life mate. Just spent a long relaxing weekend in Devon. Got back to Paddington and within minutes of being jostled and barged out the way on the Bakerloo line to CX, I was ready to take a flame thrower to the whole tube train.