Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Liam Stacey.

Comments

• Modern life mate. Just spent a long relaxing weekend in Devon. Got back to Paddington and within minutes of being jostled and barged out the way on the Bakerloo line to CX, I was ready to take a flame thrower to the whole tube train.
    Sorry that's inciting and planning a terrorist act.

Old bill on their way...

• Queuing for public transport has nothing whatsoever to do with race or creed - it's just not done because it's not clear how to queue. I stand in queues every day with the very same types of people. I don't see Tesco being overrun with foreigners ignoring the system. I don't see it at ice cream vans, by cashpoints and I don't see it outside the Valley.

I think this is more about psychology - if there isn't a clear queue at the bus stop, perhaps some people don't believe it's the accepted thing to stand behind someone else. I know that's the case with the trains. If there was a metal bar runnning alongside the bus stop, I'd wager people would stand along it in a queueing formation.

I wish people would queue, but it simply doesn't APPEAR to work like that, so those who turn up at the last minute will try and get on before me. Age and nationality have no bearing on who might do it.
  • edited March 2012
    i'd like to see a better queueing system at mcdonalds, it does seem to be a bit of a free for all when it's busy and a little bit stressful
  • I don't see Tesco being overrun with foreigners ignoring the system.
    you obviously havent used self service at Picadilly Tesco Metro

• Gary, gates at Bexleyheath were shut last night around 7 - you get caught ignoring the system?
  • lol funny you should say that i got collared at Barnehurst
  • edited March 2012
    He bummed his way through the barrier behind someone.
  • so 3 somali girls beat a white woman senseless screaming "kill the white bitch" and get suspened bird as they were drunk !!!

this knobhead gets 50+ days for a "racist" tweet.
  • I did think about texting you about the little hitlers gaz but thought it would be funnier to hang around and watch them put you in the book.

A few more and you will have a court case like me :D
  • cheers mate!
  • Sponsored links:

• They discussed this on the Moral Maze on Radio 4 tonight.

They all agreed that there was a fine balance to be struck between free speech and not giving scumbag trolls like Stacey the attention they crave.

My view is that by locking him up they've shot themselves in the foot. Firstly he's had attention he doesn't deserve ironically meaning that his disgusting remarks have reached a far wider audience than they otherwise would have done.

Secondly resentment is fostered as people will, with complete justification, raise the kind of question Goonerhater has.

• Do we then leave him unpunished so as not to give him publicity? I believe he got what he deserves and hope it serves as a warning to others to stop making abusive remarks over the internet, whether it be racist or otherwise.
  • I hope he drops the soap.
  • Do we then leave him unpunished so as not to give him publicity? I believe he got what he deserves and hope it serves as a warning to others to stop making abusive remarks over the internet, whether it be racist or otherwise.
    We're going to need a bigger boat jail. A lot of bigger jails.

• so 3 somali girls beat a white woman senseless screaming "kill the white bitch" and get suspened bird as they were drunk !!
    That's certainly how the Daily Mail reported it. I didn't read any genuine, bone fide evidence that race played a part in the incident, although that doesn't stop the subs from writing the headlines accordingly...
  • Speaking as a brother I think it's pretty wack how we can't all get along whatever our colour or creed.

Testify.
  • Stop talking bollocks and let them go back to your trousers ffs
  • so 3 somali girls beat a white woman senseless screaming "kill the white bitch" and get suspened bird as they were drunk !!
    That's certainly how the Daily Mail reported it. I didn't read any genuine, bone fide evidence that race played a part in the incident, although that doesn't stop the subs from writing the headlines accordingly...
    The Telegraph reported it in a similar way.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8937856/Muslim-women-not-used-to-drinking-walk-free-after-attack-on-woman.html

Strangely, the Guardian didn't report it at all...

• Stop talking bollocks and let them go back to your trousers ffs
    nolly....who was that comment addressed to?
    erm the white victim reported it. or do we not believe white people anymore?
  • Sponsored links:

• ^^ This is what annoys me. I have no problem with people getting banged up for spouting foul racist trash but why oh why do certain specific incidents get treated totally out of proportion to others?

So are we basically saying that sitting on twitter being racist is worse then actual violence/stealing etc.
    Because we all know stories of people who have done actual physical crimes and not had anything done to them, it annoys the crap out of me.

Also on a complete sidenote, what happened to freedom of speech? If we can't say anything anymore then why are we not banging up all these protestors shouting abuse/filth about the soldiers abroad in conflicts?

Hypocritical to the max.
  • Jimmy why what's it to with you
  • I thought agrivated race hate crimes including assaults carried tougher sentences, so could they appeal? Problem is sentencing seems to be inconsistent, need a balance between judges discretion and consistency, but I think this applies to most crimes not just race related ones, so not sure its a black and white issue (pun intended)
  • Just because the three girls got away with a crime doesn't mean everyone else should be too... or am I missing the point? Race really doesn't make a difference, crime is crime.
  • Jimmy why what's it to with you
    Steady on old chap......You hadn't put a quote in, so it could have been to a number of posters....including Mickey Bennett, so it was slightly confusing.

• Didn't see Micky Bennett post till after I posted he seems a cool lad . I'm sorry for my rude reply
  • Didn't see Micky Bennett post till after I posted he seems a cool lad . I'm sorry for my rude reply
    ok nolly....cheers.

• edited March 2012
    Just because the three girls got away with a crime doesn't mean everyone else should be too... or am I missing the point? Race really doesn't make a difference, crime is crime.
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that people should be getting away with a crime. The point is that the black girls get away with causing actual, physical harm to someone whilst the white guy gets banged up for typing.

And race does make a difference in this legal system. Tag on the "Racially aggravated" prefix to a crime and the sentence is supposed to be more severe.

• The bloke is a law student. That's reassuring.
  • The bloke is a law student. That's reassuring.
    'Was' a law student Uboat.